DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Am I really slow or the first one to notice it

Hot_Soup

Towers of Midnight are the home of the Seanchan Seekers are they not? The Seekers being a secret police type of organization.

Really? That is significant. On a side note, did I misconstrue Hot Soup's reply? Is there significance to Crossroads of Twilight or Knife of Dreams I don't know about? I barely remember KoD anyway.

Umm...this has been known for over a week and discussed at length on The Gathering Storm forum....

There are at least 4 major storylines involving "towers" that this could point to. The White and Black tower, the Tower of Genji, and the towers of Malkier. I get a feeling that it is a thematic name with midnight signifiying it being a very dire time for the Light, and all 4 storylines seeing some pretty dark times.

Umm...this has been known for over a week and discussed at length on The Gathering Storm forum....

There are at least 4 major storylines involving "towers" that this could point to. The White and Black tower, the Tower of Genji, and the towers of Malkier. I get a feeling that it is a thematic name with midnight signifiying it being a very dire time for the Light, and all 4 storylines seeing some pretty dark times.

The Seekers could have a big part in the book too, until we see what happens in TGS we just won't have a good basis on which to speculate.

TGS repeats one of Churchill's mammoth history of WWII series titles. ToM only semi-channels Tolkein.

I'll live with any title, provided BS knocks it off toute suite.

Incidentally, speaking of books, has anyone noticed how often Madoc Comadrin quotes/paraphrases Clausewitz, General Tacticus from Discworld, and random other great military science writers?

Archived