DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where (physical place) is the last battle going to take place?

yellie1107

Probably in multiple locations.  Every major army in play will probably find itself in the middle of things wherever it may be.

Lan is gathering his army and is headed for Tarwin's Gap, so we'll most likely see action there.

Rand is gathering all of his forces in Arad Doman, so he's expecting something to happen in that area.

The Seanchan will probably be attacked by surprise waygate attacks in the south west.

Tar Valon will definitely be a target, just like it was in the Trolloc wars.

Caemlyn will probably be hit as well, along with the Black Tower.  Depending on just how dreadlord infested the BT is.

I'm not sure if the Borderlander army headed toward Murandy will see much immediate action.  Seems to me like the Shadow might want to avoid the massive army of men with the most experience dealing with shadowspawn.  But then again they might want to catch them by surprise and annihilate them.  I think it would be a nice twist of irony for the great Borderlander nations to miss out of TG entirely.

Last, but certainly not least, Rand's blood on the rocks of Shayol Ghul will save the world ... so the primary showdown will be taking place there.

You know I agree with you, however, I am afraid this might create an issue with writing the whole thing for Brandon Sanderson. It is a lot of points of views to tie up in one epic battle. I am afraid this might end up very small on detail and concentrated on one or two things. Which will leave me wanting more. I almost don't want to read the last book.

I reckon that all the armies of the lighht (Seanchan, Ogier, Wetlands,Aiel, AS, AM, etc) will combine for an epic battle at Tarwins gap or something, and Rand will lead a small strike force to attack Shayol Ghul, where they will face the last forsaken and rand will fight the dark one in the pit of doom (or at least, standing on the edge.) PoVs for the huge battle, and PoVs for the strike.

You know I agree with you, however, I am afraid this might create an issue with writing the whole thing for Brandon Sanderson. It is a lot of points of views to tie up in one epic battle. I am afraid this might end up very small on detail and concentrated on one or two things. Which will leave me wanting more. I almost don't want to read the last book.

I am not too worried about that. The title of the last book was possibly going to be "Tarmon Gaidon" so, chances are the bulk of that 250,000+ words is going to be totally to do with just the Last Battle. That is enough to cover multiple "theaters", and I hope it does. Everything in the series has been building up to a huge battle, not just a couple fronts.

Archived