DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliche Intro.

Locke

Completely cliche, I know, but it's almost impossible not to be. I picked up TEotW midway through this summer reluctantly, but then greedily devoured the next 10 books within a month and a half.  It has been just a fact of life for me that The Lord of the Rings is the best series out there, period, ever since I read it.  But I have found that I like the Wheel of Time even more.  Since I no practically no one who has read the books, I decided to join this forum to satisfy my WoT obsessions. :)

11 books in 2 months is pretty crazy!

You're lucky to be coming in this late, with a new book due to be released soon. I've got to the stage where I'm almost content to not read any new books, since I'm used to the story being unfinished.

Anyway, if you're just looking for someplace to chill and have fun with likeminded people, the orgs always welcome new members.  :)

I'll figure out all the roleplaying stuff later I guess, but basically the orgs. are just groups of people that talk within the group while giving the whole group a cool WoT name to make it sound cool, yes?.........sounds interesting :).  I'll join one once I have a little time to get settled in sort of. Thanks for the help.

Hello Locke and welcome to DM!  :)  You did what I did except I did it about five years ago.  :D

Some of the Orgs have a theme that they sort of stick to, but not very strictly. I think they are explained in the stickies. You do not have to join the Org to post in a discussion on their public board. We Ogier talk about lots of stuff, mostly what we've recently read or done. The Tower is very diverse and fun. Lots of zany stuff going on in there. The Seanchan do movies, TV, and video game reviews and discussions. The Wolfkin have a nature and outdoors theme. The Illuminators are our resident artists, writers, and crafters.  The Band is music oriented. I'm not sure about the others.

Basically, we just socialize and have fun. So jump right in!

Well, I shouldn't join too many, or I'll never have time in my life to do anything else ;). I'll just go with my biased opinions and join my favorite groups from the book. The RP thing sounds interesting. I've been sort of fiddling with the idea of trying (emphasis on trying considering the difficulty of writing a book) to write a book since finishing the series. This would sort of be fun practice.

Well, I don't know about having time in your life for anything else. I'm a member of Shayol Ghul, the White Tower, the Illuminators, and probably a few more!

In addition to the role playing, you may be interested in the Illuminators org. As Lor said, quite a few writers hang out there and they read and critique each others' work. They also offer advice and support for those in the process of trying to get published, so there's some serious creative energy there. I'm a musician though, so I kind of keep my distance from that aspect of the org.

Yes Locke, we would be glad to see you down in the Illuminators. The Illuminators are where the writers looking to publication or just to make a serious effort to improve their skills hang out. This of course does not mean you can't explore all of the other great Orgs. Many people join many different Orgs or Divisions.

Welcome to DM!

Yeap, the ORGs have been explained pretty well. The best thing to do is have a look at each and see what takes your fancy. As has already been mentioned, the Band is DM's music ORG, but we also focus on travelling and eating out, which we are trying to give a stronger focus to. Come by and have a look!

But whatever you do at DM, have fun! :)

Thanks for all the advice peoples. You have all been very helpful.  I really love this place because I have finally found people who are not family that I actually have similarities too.  I know practically no one who has read Tolkien, CS Lewis, Ted Dekker, Terry Pratchett, or Robert Jordan.  They just read stupid (perhaps an overly strong word there) book like Twilight. Anyway, nice to talk to all you people with whom I share common ground and can discuss it.

:D I read Twilight, too. *lol*  My nephew's daughter got hooked on it, so I had to see what she was into, being the nosy sort.  ;D  It's ok, but no where near the caliber of WoT. My daughter's been a big Rob Pattinson fan ever since he was in Harry Potter. So, I hear it from her too. I was hoping to lure her into WoT via HP and Twilight, but she's not taken the bait yet.  ::)

I think I am going to start adopting WoT mannerisms (e.g.:Aiel formalities/customs) and spouting them off in school.  I have managed to get one kid in my school to read the TEotW which actually surprised me.  Most people take one glance at and say it's too long. And that's even before they know there's 10 more like it.

Yeah, everyone i try to get to read it says the same thing. One day ill get a readin friend. Twilight on the other hand.. its impossible to find someone who hasnt read it. i read the first two and then i just got bored with them.

By the way, whats your name from? Ive heard it used on so many different shows and games and books im curious why you chose it.

Well, I understand that there was a famous person named John Locke, but my name has nothing to do with that.  I though about using a WoT name but I figured that others would have the same name as me if I did.  The first time I heard the name Locke was in Final Fantasy VI.  It's sort of been my favorite name ever since.  I used it as my online name in pax galaxia and just decided to use it as all of my online identities.

welcome to the site, :)  theres alot of fun people on here and it's always great to see new people joining.

if your trying to write a book RPing as yer characters is a great way to help develope them.  i persionally dont RP on here due to lack of time, but i used to RP with the HP world and it can be really fun.  especailly when you RP a bad guy *snickers*

neways, stop by the orgs when you get a chance ;)

Archived