DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why doesn't anyone care that the true source has been cleansed?

Arkelias

The thread seems to have derailed a bit, Ill go back to replying this:

I think more of my issue is that we, as the reader, haven't been privy to enough of these discussions.  We need to see more reaction from the world about this. ... Most especially from the Asha'man.

When I think about it, I dont know much at all about the ashaman under Taims influence. All I recall is one short glimpse of them gathered in an atmosphere of evil foreboding. So its not "just" the lack of insight concerning their reactions to the cleansing, its to any of their reactions really. And Im sure this is intentional from RJ, allowing an important evil group to remain hidden from our eyes until TG.

And the still loyal Ashaman arent in a situation where theyd walk up to Rand and give him a pat on the back congratulating him. Hes too far above them now. Neither is there much point for them to go around praising Rand, looking like a star struck kid. I also take into account the fact that some/many believe/fear Rand is on the verge of becoming insane. I cant really picture a scenario where the good Ashaman has an opportunity to display (to the reader) their reaction. At least not in a way that can be easily displayed in a written story without it all sounding silly, like: "Oh, wow, did Rand really cleanse it all? He's so powerful".

And additionally, which I already wrote a few pages back, its possible most people feel theyre witnessing a still ongoing event. Perhaps some even believe it to be the opening event for TG. Kinda like a frozen witness to a massive bomb striking in the distance. Or a person taking part in the D-day landing on Omaha beach - you dont take the time to sit down and reflect upon whats happening, you carry on what youre already doing as a survival strategy for the impossible to understand chaos around you.

So, all in all, Id rather assume its deliberate of RJ to display the characters as nonreactive and ask myself WHY the Randlanders arent sharing their reactions to the cleansing with others. For one thing, Were I Rand, Id take the abscence of response from the Black Tower as a worrying sign that theres dangerous trouble ahead (or does he know that already? Ive forgot sorry).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or a person taking part in the D-day landing on Omaha beach - you dont take the time to sit down and reflect upon whats happening, you carry on what youre already doing as a survival strategy for the impossible to understand chaos around you.
Just Omaha, though. People on Juno even stopped and had a picnic halfway through.

That's the Americans for you, always having to show off.

I'd say that pretty much everyone save Monty would agree that Goodwood and all the other sh*tshows around Caen even things up  ::)

Not to mention the glory that was Market Garden  :P

Of course, from what I've always heard from certain Commonwealth veterans is that the 9th Division could have taken all five beaches single handed, and the pussy Americans, Brits, and Canucks would have only had to round up the prisoners, since the boys from Oz would have already gotten to Caen and St. Lo.

But then, I've never known Australians to be particularly modest  ;D

So you shouldn't pay out any one else, then, because you would be paying out your own race.  :D

Racism is treating someone differently, insulting them, demeaning them, or any other mean thing on the grounds that they are a member of a particular race or ethnicality. It is not cool.  :P

I'd say that pretty much everyone save Monty would agree that Goodwood and all the other sh*tshows around Caen even things up  ::)

Not to mention the glory that was Market Garden  :P

Monty was an arsehole. Of course, so was Patton, so it evens out somewhat. That said, the British offensives did drain manpower away from the American bridgeheads, making Cobra easier (by which I mean, possible). And you can forgive a man a cock up like Market Garden after coming up with the plan for D-Day. Especially if you weren't involved in it.

Of course, from what I've always heard from certain Commonwealth veterans is that the 9th Division could have taken all five beaches single handed, and the pussy Americans, Brits, and Canucks would have only had to round up the prisoners, since the boys from Oz would have already gotten to Caen and St. Lo.
True, they could well have liberated every pub, tavern and bar between Normandy and Berlin while the rest actually had to make do with fighting the enemy.

But then, I've never known Australians to be particularly modest  ;D
Or sober.

Racism is not in my personal dictionary. We are all of one race: the human race.
Bloody humans, coming over 'ere, stealing our jobs.

All this slander against the glorius nation of Australia is revolting and i wont put up with it! Lets all sing the national anthem! "Australians all let us rejoice"...  Oh, who am I kidding, its all true!!  :'(  But i'll have you know that i will not be the fat, sleazy, beer-guzzling pig that the world thinks is the average Australian man! I'll just be fat and sleazy.  ;)

I love Australia. Australia is awesome, better than the US.  Australia's national anthem should be "Waltzing Matilda"  I hear it got second place for national anthem.  Having that song as national anthem would be hilarious and really awesome. Better than US national anthem

All this slander against the glorius nation of Australia is revolting and i wont put up with it! Lets all sing the national anthem! "Australians all let us rejoice"...  Oh, who am I kidding, its all true!!  :'(  But i'll have you know that i will not be the fat, sleazy, beer-guzzling pig that the world thinks is the average Australian man! I'll just be fat and sleazy.  ;)

I've actually never heard of anyone say those things about Austalians. More like Americans

I've actually never heard of anyone say those things about Austalians. More like Americans

We don't drink beer.  We drink beer flavored water.

We don't drink beer.  We drink beer flavored water.

What about just flavored beer? Not cheerleader beer like Smirnoff Ice. But like..Four Max. It's 10% Alc Volume. You get a buzz quick on that. And only 2 bucks a 16 OZ.  ;D

Archived