DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bonding and Adeleas/Vandene

phoenix

I think he means what would happen if two channelers each bonded the other... and the answer is probably not much. Except that each would experience the best benefits and the worst side effects of the bond. The way the Aes Sedai bond works is intentional.

phoenix means what if two people bonded each other, such as if an aes sedai bonded an ashaman, and that ashaman bonded that same aes sedai. i think. cant say anything for certain, but i would assume they would both have the benefits/disadvantages that would go with the bonding as per normal

Since the person bonded is usually controllable by the bondee (that sounds funny, but I think you know what I mean) I wonder how a two way bond would work! If they disagreed would they get anything done, or would it be a case of whoever exerpts control first gets right of veto... if you follow me.

Concerning the 'control factor', I remember that Rand could not be controlled through the bond by ... oh her name skips my memory... that rather sexy yet moody sounding aes sedai. I'm sure you know who I mean... Is this also true of the Asha'man who were bonded? Or is it because he was Taveren?

Men cannot be compelled whilst holding saidin. We know this via Rand, but also through the thoughts of Sammael when he goes to visit Graendal. The same is NOT true of Aes Sedai holding saidar, as we've seen via Moghedian, Nynaeve and Elayne.

The control aspect of the Aes Sedai bond has to be intentionally brought up. The Aes Sedai must channel flows to gain obedience in that manner, though most seem to rely instead on the oaths of obedience and the like. The 'bit extra' part of the Asha'men bond is constantly active. The bondee must do whatever the bond holder says. Therefore it is more likely that the Asha'man retains control.

Since the person bonded is usually controllable by the bondee (that sounds funny' date=' but I think you know what I mean) I wonder how a two way bond would work! If they disagreed would they get anything done, or would it be a case of whoever exerpts control first gets right of veto... if you follow me.

Concerning the 'control factor', I remember that Rand could not be controlled through the bond by ... oh her name skips my memory... that rather sexy yet moody sounding aes sedai. I'm sure you know who I mean... Is this also true of the Asha'man who were bonded? Or is it because he was Taveren?[/quote']

Alanna Sedai. She couldn't control him because she was somewhat flipped out when she did bond him. One of her Warders had just gotten killed. also, Rand is stronger in the power than she is and I believe be it siadin or Siadar, its who's stronger that gets to take the control.

Alanna Sedai. She couldn't control him because she was somewhat flipped out when she did bond him. One of her Warders had just gotten killed. also, Rand is stronger in the power than she is and I believe be it siadin or Siadar, its who's stronger that gets to take the control.

And he's also one of the strongest Ta'verin ever. I think a bond on Mat or Perrin would not be as strong as a regular warder either. It would be interesting to see Mat bonded, and how much control a sister could hold over him. Or one on Perrin and then put Faile in danger, not sure any sister could stop him from going after her.

No... as i said just above' date=' men cannot be compelled either by the bond or by compulsion whilst holding saidin. Women can be whilst holding saidar though.[/quote']

I dont truly want to start a debate here (well, maybe a little :wink: ) but maybe it is because women cant control men while they are holding saidin, and men cant control women while they are holding saidar.

We never saw a man try to compell a woman before (have we?) so maybe it is just that the force of one side of the power cancels the other out.

But please, if I am wrong, dont let me sit here thinking delusional thoughts. I haev not read the books well enough to prove my theory.

I raise this as a point begging to be shot down, but aren't Rand & Elayne and Rand & Aviendha already in a two-way channeller bond? The two women both laid a bonding weave on Rand and Rand laid a bonding weave on them. At least that was my take on the scene. :?

Rand didn't lay a bond on them, they just bonded him. And it wasn't exactly a warder bond, it was closer to what the Aiel do with the sister bond... there doesn't seem to be any special additives in there. No compulsion, no benefits... though Rand already had those, so its hard to tell.

Archived