DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Tour of the City [Atten: Arani]

Kenny

OOC- have fun with it and i hope you like it

Waking up with sunlight streaming through her window Venca yawned and stretched before pulling herself out of bed. Groggily she took off her sweat stained shift she had slept in and rummaged in her wardrobe for a fresh one, and a spotless bright white dress to match. Glancing inside the wardrobe Venca groaned as she realized that it was her last pair and that she would have to do laundry before the day was out.

Exiting her room she made a vow to herself, she would find the food hall without help today. Still new to the Tower Venca lost more times than she could count and after being a messenger for almost two years, that was the worst thing about the Tower for Venca. Well, except for the rules, they got her in more trouble than she got into while she lived on the farm!!

Walking through the almost identical corridors of the Tower was becoming easier for Venca these days other than the fact that the bloody Aes Sedai seemed to purposefully walk in front of her around every corner so she had to stop and curtsy to each and every one all the while covering the same amount of distance in double the time.

Finally with a sigh of contentment the food hall was before her complete with its tantalizing smells that made her stomach grumble and miraculously her step even got faster. Entering the large chamber Venca smiled to herself after seeing that as usual she was one of the last Novices to make it to the food hall even on a freeday. Seeing the lack of line for food Venca was glad for her tardiness and had her food within moments and was headed to find a seat.

When always later than the crowd finding a seat was hard to do but luck was with her today as she spotted a table with only one girl at it and headed over sit beside her. This girl Venca had seen many times in her short stay in the Tower and with her golden hair and prominent nose she was very hard to miss. Sitting down Venca just looked at the girl smiled and began to eat

When the sun rose, Nenen was already up due to long habit.  She had been in the Tower for a considerable time now, and so the Tower wasn't all that unfamiliar now to her.  Nenen was an early riser out of habit, even before she went to the Tower, as part of her regimen of physical training and labour to be able to wield a sword with any decency.  Nenen sighed.  So much had passed, and now she was rusty.  Very rusty.  Her muscles were no more lax then before, due to being able to carry loads of buckets around the tower during chore hours.

However, she was sure her stamina was severely depleted, and she didn't like the feeling.  Nenen previously could run non-stop from her room to her class if she had too.  Now though, she had become quite a bit slower.  The difference was noticeable.

And the cramnedness of the whole thing.  Nenen once had a wide range that she could travel in.  Now, all she walked (or usually ran) past were the all too familiar walls of the White Tower, scrubbed so many times already by her she wanted to scream.  But she had learnt quite a while ago that screaming at Aes Sedai was simply not done.  So she gritted her teeth and did the best she could before exploding when she got back to her room at no one in particular, though she always did apologize.

And so life went on, with Nenen smiling until her jaws ached at Aes Sedai, hoping that sometimes baring her teeth would be taken for a smile.

Her golden hair flying as she opened the door with a bang, closed it only slightly more softly, she strode down the corridors and the stairs until she reached the kitchen.  She was quite familiar with the pathways in the White Tower after a few years of practice, though there were areas in the basement that were inaccessible, enforced with strict rules.  Breaking into a quick trot, her hair streaming out behind her, Nenen entered the kitchens, took a tray and sat down, picking at her food.

Soon, she was joined by a girl, with ringlets of hair tumbling down her back, and green eyes that were large and made her look permanently surprised.  Venca Korona.

Nenen decided to break the ice first.  "Hello Venca.  My name is Nenen Kailadel.  How are you finding life in the Tower so far?"

Nenen Kailadel

Fighter of the Five

(OOC: This IS a freeday RP, right?)

As a door banged shut along the corridor and a golden-haired girl rushed past, another door opened softly and smoothly, and a taller girl, slightly older, almost a women, emerged from the black recesses of the room.  She was looking back inside.  "No, Yolara, please try not to damage any of my stuff when I'm gone, will you?"  and swept outside, closing the door smoothly behind her as she looked around.

Nesyer had been in the White Tower for two years now, and had almost completely adjusted to a life in White Novice robes.  Determined in her quest, she gave as little trouble as possible, though her ability at subtle curiousity put her in some tight spots along the way.  Her brown eyes were now wiser, gentler, and more accepting of change.

She had grown from the petty teenager she had been then, determined to be the best of the best.  Now, she knew her limits, and set out to be the best that she could be, which was quite different.  She had currently drawn on par with Wilemi her cousin, though she could never match Wilemi's skill.  She now accepted that, and moved on.

But today of all days, was a Freeday, and today, she felt free in a way that she would never be for several days afterwards.  Today, of all days, she could immerse in some fun with her cousins Nenen and Wilemi.  Though Wilemi was usually buried in a library somewhere.  Hard years of study suited Wilemi, but not Nenen.  And so, Nesyer would catch up with Nenen today, about what she had done, what she was doing, and what she was going to do.

But as she entered the kitchen, her dress swirling around her legs as she moved with grace not unlike that of an Aes Sedai, she took a tray and sat down with Nenen, who was sitting opposite another girl who Nesyer herself did not know.

Nesyer Kailadel

Healer of the Five

“Hello Venca. My name is Nenen Kailadel. How are you finding life in the Tower so far?” Hearing this Venca’s eyes widened slightly as she wondered how this girl had known her name. Venca was a pretty quite person and she hadn’t really talked to anyone yet, but the girl was talking so Venca decided to be nice and try to talk back.

Venca sat there for a few moments before beginning with a sigh. “Honestly all these rules are sooo annoying and having to curtsy and do whatever the Aes Sedai tell you. Plus if that isn’t bad enough we have to do what the Accepted tell us to do on top of all of our chores. It just makes me want to kill anyone not in a white dress.”

Stopping for a moment Venca realized that she had vented all of her anger on Nenen and as she went to apologize another girl sat down at the table. With a glance at the new girl Venca began talking again. “Sorry about that sometimes I just need to vent and since I haven’t been here long I don’t have many people to talk too. It just makes me so mad sometimes that all an Aes Sedai has to do is look at us and we jump, I’m just ready to get out of the Tower for the day and be away from Aes Sedai.”

Suddenly it hit Venca that going out of the Tower was forbidden for Novices and she had just told two girls she didn’t even know her plans of breaking one of rules of the Tower. Sitting back in her seat Venca just waited hoping that her ranting wasn’t going to get her in trouble on the one day she would be able to sneak out of the Tower

Nenen's mouth twitched as Venca started to rant about her life in the White Tower was so unfair and so unjust.  She had felt that way once, and she sometimes still did feel it to some extent or the other when she accidentally broke a rule that she forgot of in her moment of haste.  Her hand brushed and touched her golden hair, radiantly shining even in the indoor light of the White Tower.  Although admittedly, the halls of the Tower were very bright, considering there were no windows here.

Exchanging glances at Nesyer as the girl ranted on about how she would like to go out of the Tower.  Nenen looked back at Venca, who looked as though a hammer had struck her right in the middle of her head and had left her stunned.  But Venca almost immediately recovered and sat back in her chair, measuring them and weighing them, as if trying to see whether they would immediately run to the Mistress of Novices and start to spill the beans on her.

Nenen smiled reassuringly at her, then leaned forward confidentially.  Speaking in a whisper, Nenen said,  "I too, find a need to go out into the Tower.  Perhaps we could sneak out today.  Both of us are having a freeday, and I'm sure that you would like company when we go out of the Tower.  Anywaym, three pairs of eyes are better than one, and I'm sure that we could avoid Aes Sedai more easily if there are three people keeping a lookout for trouble?"

Nenen smiled and looked at Nesyer with a questioning eye.

Nenen Kailadel

Fighter of the Five

Nesyer was usually an obedient girl who did as she was told and never stepped too far over the line.  However, recently, she had become somewhat more irritable over the past few days, after being cooped up in the Tower for quite some time.  She managed to be polite most of the time.  But after some exceptionally draining lessons with the One Power, she became somewhat snappy, able to bite the nose of people for little reason at all.  Her friends were bearing it up quite well, but Nesyer felt the urgent need to do something, or she could well end up on a farm.

It was as such that when Venca started to mention something about wanting to go out and about the city, that an idea started to form in her head.  Perhaps they could slip out of the city for a while and enjoy themselves, even for a small while.  The punishment afterwards would be worth it.  Sitting back and letting her long black hair dangle from the back of her head down, she thought about it, but she still wanted to go.

Nenen gave her a look that spoke volumes.  But Nesyer returned the gaze, a sparkle in her eys and a slight smile playing on her lips.  She nodded, once, to signify her approval, that she was in with them.  Nenen then sighed gratefully and turned back to Venca.  Nesyer put a hand on Nenen's shoulder, and asked Venca, somewhat cautiously and softly, looking around to see if there was anyone prying into their conversation.

"How do we get out of the Tower without anyone noticing?"

Nesyer Yoshan

Healer of the Five