It's the end of the summer

But we'll see it all again

So hold onto this moment till then

It's the end of the summer

End of the summer...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's right, it's September 21.  The official last day of summer (US side)

Now we're officially moving into Fall.  Will the fun never end?

I'm going to bed.  Still can't believe I got sick on the LAST DAY OF SUMMER!!!  First day of Fall, I could understand, but Summer?!  Low.  LOW!

Good night!

Hm, this brings up a question:

Why is summer so...revered, so idealized?

I've never understood, or felt, the magic of summer.  Does it really exist?  Or is it all just in the heads of those who experience it?

Just wondering, because I've read so many books, heard so many people, treating summer like it's magical, glorious, more amazing than not.  Oh, and they do that in this magazine I used to get, too.

What makes it more than just a HOT, BLINDING, REALLY HUMID OR REALLY DRY stretch of the year?

I guess it depends on where you live.

Summer for me, meant no more school!  And swimming!  And getting sunburned!  Ice cream!  Running through sprinklers!  Hotdog/Hamburger barbecues!  It's the real season of FUN!  Fall, it's getting cold, so that's not so fun.  Winter, sure, there's snowball fights, but your fun is really limited to snow or indoors.  Spring is a time for work.  Summer is the time for FUN!!!

I've never really had fun summers, at least not since I was little...  But when I was little, every hour not spent at school was spent playing outdoors, so summer only had the happy addition of swimming when we could afford a Family Pass to the pool.

Fall is my favorite season, when it gets brisk, but not COLD, and the leaves are still turning, and I miss real fall.  Fall for me hasn't happened at all since I've moved to this town, 10 degrees hotter than where I grew up.  Now, Fall is just an extension of summer, and then an abrupt change to winter. Blech.

But, I can see why summer would be fun...  I guess.  I always treated it as a lazy 3 months of relaxation and that's all.

I mean, I understand, kind of, the magic because I've read books in which it's perfectly described, such as "My Seventeenth Summer," which is an excellent read, or "Summerland," also good, but I've just never seen it for myself.

Now I feel like I've missed out. :-\

I aint had a good summer in, probably five years lol. ITs always too hot. And since I worked all winter in the well below zeroes, summer even seems hotter now. Just too hot.

Fall is the best, even though it is fall for like a month here. Its already snowed around here. And summer is the time for work lol. I dunno why, it just is lol.

Good riddance to ye, ye burning hot time of the year.

I like summer here, it's not too hot and not much humidity. Plus it's nice enough to get out and play in the parks and have barbecues!

I hate autumn here, it's cold and frigging windy with leaves flying everywhere and it rains buckets. You can't go out your front door without gusts practically taking you off your feet. :P

i wish we had a little bit betterr summers here. Sometimes we have really good ones. These last few weeks have been lovely here, so I can't complain at the end of this summer.

I like Autumn (we doen't have Fall  :P) manly because of the colours, it can be a nice time of the year, as long as it just doesn't rain permanently!

Where I live now, the sun really beats down on you.  In the summer, it's awful sometimes.  I like doing stuff and being active in the summer, but I get overheated really easily in the heat and sun, so summer's not my best friend.  When I was little, in soccer, I'd get so overheated, and after the game was over I'd lay my head on the grass, hoping for just a little bit of coolness.  More often than not, though, the grass was just as warm as my forehead.

Summer here's not THAT bad; when I was growing up somewhere else, summer was really humid; it still is there.  Breathing is like taking a drink.  And they have heat waves sometimes..  I also like to reminisce about the fishflies.  I've heard them called mayflies.....  They get really really bad around July, up in Dubuque.  They're EVERYwhere.  I got used to going to the swimming pool and seeing piles of dead fish-flies in the corners of the pool.  Not because the people neglected to clean it, but because there were simply too many for the pool to stay clean. :D

I'm kind of glad summer's over, though, as this summer meant work for me too.  I worked most of the summer, at a miserable place of employment too.  All I got to see of the summer was the same old path I walked to work every day.  Sunny, super hot, and boring.  And summer makes it hard for me to sleep, too. ;)

I miss when I was little and got to go swimming, which was the biggest event of the summer for us. :D

Archived