DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Help locating a map.

Charlz Guybon

I have a question, there used to be an enormous white map of the Westlands online with the location of armies and major characters noted on it. The armies were represented by different colored horsemen. It was saved on my hard drive but it died and I can't find it online anymore. Does anyone know where this map can be found or has the map and can host it on photobucket or imageshack?

I actually think I got it from right here on Dragonmount. Before I registered, I used to do a lot of reading in the 1+ year-old threads. It might have come from there.

The second possibility is that it came from a database of WoT maps I once found. It had every map from the books, including the BWB. I unfortunately do not recall the name.

I actually think I got it from right here on Dragonmount. Before I registered, I used to do a lot of reading in the 1+ year-old threads. It might have come from there.

The second possibility is that it came from a database of WoT maps I once found. It had every map from the books, including the BWB. I unfortunately do not recall the name.

I guess I'm missing out on all the goodies that are buried in all those threads... guess I'll have to read them all haha. My poor husband, I'm sticking him with the kids this weekend Mwahahahahaha! That's what he gets for being gone for two weeks.

where did the maker of the map get all the army sizes???

200k in each boderland!!! in EoTW for the Battle of Tarwin's Gap i always imagined that only about 10-15 000 shienarans went to fight,and them saying that they had brought every spare man, and that the trolloc army was at least 10 times the size of theirs...so that would make it at least over 1 million trollocs!?.

And to people who say that they need an army that big to defend aginst the blight i would agree, but in EoTW it also says that Lan's uncle took 5 000 men with him to Shayol Ghul, and those were men that Malkier could ill afford to lose.

I find army sizes in this book confusion ???

The Shienaran army in EotW was just the troops that Agelmar had at his disposal, probably only 10-20k men?

And if Malkier needed, say, 100k men to gaurd the blight, and they just held out, and then 5000 men die, the shadow can overwhelm malkier. maybe thats how it worked?

I too wish to know who made this wonderful map. And where he got the army sizes. It is an inspiration.  :D

It says in the book when Agelmar leaves Fal Dara with his men that he will meet up with other armies heading north, from Fal Moran and all the other fortresses in the country, great or small, to face the trollocs in Tarwin's Gap. So it is clear that this is huge part of the shienran army heading to the blight, with only a handful left to defend were they to fail.

I just find we dont get put enough into perspective when it comes to the borderlands.

Archived