DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Towers of Midnight Speculation Thread (Spoilers for tGS)

JenniferL

My Apologies, I was trying to make a joke, and my skills at conveying that in print are obviously lacking.  What I ment was that the Towers of Midnight..  we know what they are, there is no need to speculate on that, they are not a reference to darkfriends or the Black and White tower or even a time of day. 

Now this next comment is speculation.  I think the towers held some significance in the war of the shadow I am not sure which side employed them but prehaps they were defensable locations significant to the power, I know they Crytal Throne itself is a Ter' Angrel (reference WoT RPG) and without Channelers to study the areas or whatever treasures might be held within secrets galore.  Prehps they are significant in a way similar to the statue on Tremalking. Monuments with a purpose.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Avi's glass columns thing will be awesome!

Perrin and Mat finally coming together with Rand. The pulling, tugging has returned and I suspect that they're going to all cross paths again in Towers of Midnight. The vision of Perrin with Galad makes this almost a certainty to me.

What is Verin's letter to Mat. Will we see him reclaim the Horn again?

The identity of Gaidal Cain.

Faile being revealed as a Darkfriend.

Demandred.

Logain whomping on Taim's ass.

I don't want to see Avi in the columns.  I wasn't sure I saw the point of her going in the first place.  I understand wanting to keep to some traditions when so much is going out the window, but it seems like a waste of her time & energy.

The only reason I can see for putting it in is if her particular ancestor views somehow give her clues on how to win TG.  Rand's journey through the columns is one of my least enjoyed scenes, at least on reread.

I'm itching to see Morgase's reveal.  I really hope someone tells her that she was under the compulsion of one of the Forsaken.  She was a strong, wise queen.  Remember the way she let Rand go in EotW?  I hated seeing her self recriminations for her behavior toward Rahvin.

The Whitecloaks meeting up Perrin. I assume there will be some sort of compromise between them.

Whatever happened to Pevara and the other Aes Sedai who went to bond the Asha'man.

I'd like to see an Elayne and Morgase reunion. Along with Gawyn, so he can get the rest of his crazy off.

I'd hope to see a bit of Rand meeting up with Tam again, Nynaeve and the like. Just to see how much he's changed.

Definitely the TOG and the rescue of Moiraine (if she is still alive). Should be epic.

I feel like we really missed some stuff with Perrin and Ghalad, after books and books of Perrin being hunted as a DF by Byar and Dain like rabid dogs I want to see there intereactions. As well as Morgases being revealed. So I hope we get a bit of a re-tread somehow to cover Perrin meeting up with the WC's.

I agree that Avi's trip through the columns is probably unnecessary, unless the women get a different experience than the men. We know the history of the Aiel, so I don't think we'd get anything new there.

I'm certain we'll see some of the interactions that didn't fit into this book. We know Mat makes it to Caemlyn and Perrin meets up with the Whitecloaks based on Rand's colors. We also know that Morgase has been revealed to at least Tam. I suspect the Whitecloaks will recognize her and not understand that she's hiding her self. No doubt, Galad would recognize her. Of course, it would be cool if Tam recognized her from his own travels, but kept her secret all this time.

I'm also sure that Mat's trip to the Tower will happen. Rand still needs Moiraine for the Last Battle, so we're going to need at least a few minutes of them reuniting before marching to the battlefield.

Other threads we might see addressed would be the Seanchan aftermath to the White Tower raid, Egwene & Gawyn fallout, Lan's army, and another look at Arad Doman. We'll also see the results of Rand's eye opening experience at the end of this book.

Faile being revealed as a Darkfriend.

And how do you expect THAT to happen?

I can see it now......

Perrin: "I love you so much."

Faile: "I love you so much as well."

Perrin: She smells of jealousy, snarf snarf.

*BOOM, FAILE TURNS INTO DEMANDRED*

DemandraFaile: "HAHA! you have been making sweet love to a man since the beginning!"

*Perrin throws up*

I thought the WO's went through the Rings which shows them possible futures etc? There's no point for her to go through the pillars I'd think at this point.

WO go twice.  The possible futures ter'angreal is what they go through when they're about to start training.  Avi went through that and was determined to hate Rand because she saw that she was going to love him.  

The glass columns revealing the truth about Aiel history is the test to see if they can really be a WO.

I find it a bit unfair that clan chiefs don't seem to get any training that might help them prepare emotionally/intellectually for the glass column reveal.  Ah well.

Rand's chapters in the glass columns are probably my favourite two in the series, but I can't really see the point of seeing Aviendha go through them. Rand's already covered the key points of the Aiel not knowing their history, the bore being drilled, the Maidens, the non-use of a sword, abandoning the Way of the Leaf and the Tinker split. Plus it was all set against 'The Aiel aren't anything like this, no one told me.'. Avi knows the broad history now.

Although it could be interesting if we just see her last couple of bits, and find her ancestor served Latra Posae and we get a female view point on the breaking and what went wrong with the Sealing.

I suspect Mat won't have to retrieve the Horn. It'll likely find its way to him. His past thoughts on the matter suggest he could care less if he saw the Horn again.

Mat goes and runs his errand with Thom and a third, he's reunited with Rand and the crew, only to have the White Tower folk show up with the Horn. Last we heard, it was locked away in the Tower somewhere, and if Suian doesn't just outright say, "Here it is," then we'll have them find it when they re-evaluate how the angreal, sa'angreal, and ter'angreal are stored.

Of course, it was suggested that either the Aelfinn and Eelfinn had an aversion to music, so maybe the Horn could come into play. More likely, Thom and his instruments will cover that aspect, but who knows.

Hey, that's it.  Mat takes the Horn into TOG and the Heroes come swooping in to help save Moraine.  :P

I wonder if the Heroes could get into the Tower even.

That's the thing, it'd make the tower rescue kinda cheap =( Though I suppose it's possible the Heroes of the Horn wouldn't be much help in the Tower of Genjei.

I thought Rand's trip through the columns was one of the best scenes in the series.  

The Whitecloaks will meet up with Perin and company, and child Byar will inform Galad that Perin is a dark friend, and Galad moves to arrest him.  tensions mount until Perin's maid says, Galad, what are you doing?  Please don't arrest your mom's boss, LOL!

One thing I want to see is if Mat can get Elayne to mobilize all the bell founders in Andor, etc to start making dragons!

Will Mat confide in Elayne about Moraine to get a sister to gateway them to TOG?

I feel like we really missed some stuff with Perrin and Ghalad, after books and books of Perrin being hunted as a DF by Byar and Dain like rabid dogs I want to see there intereactions. As well as Morgases being revealed. So I hope we get a bit of a re-tread somehow to cover Perrin meeting up with the WC's.

Well, Tam did say that this was a story for another time.  And I think that other time will be Fall of 2010 ;D

I thought Rand's trip through the columns was one of the best scenes in the series.

Mine to. "The Road To The Spear" and "The Dedicated" are my favorite scenes of the series, hands down.

As to the Avihenda in the columns thing, and why it would be important...

The Gathering Storm has some foreshadowing in it that I've not yet seen mentioned in any of the thread.

The Tinkers.

Egwene searched in the World of Dreams using need. She remarked again on how dangerous it was and... *poof*

A TINKER Caravan? WTF?

I also recall Rand thinking about the Tinkers, remarking how they might be changing because of the stability in Seanchan-controlled lands. For the first time, they were getting protection from the rulers of an area and finding themselves respected for doing odd jobs.

We haven't seen the Tinkers as a group play any serious part and then TWO references, one tied to a search-via-need in TAR?

Not. A. Coincidence.

Avihenda might just find "The Song" by viewing her ancestors in the columns.

The Whitecloaks will meet up with Perin and company, and child Byar will inform Galad that Perin is a dark friend, and Galad moves to arrest him.  tensions mount until Perin's maid says, Galad, what are you doing?  Please don't arrest your mom's boss, LOL!

Agreed, that will be an interesting scene though I wonder how Galad will arrest a Darkfriend surrounded by an Army?

Mat in TOG is given and I think a reunion with Rand is inevitable since Moiraine will beeline to him.  This should place the rescue in the first half of the book.

Rand will settle the Borderlander issue and make amends with Cadsuane early on.  I think he will revisit the Seanchan issue now that he's had his catharsis and once Mat is back to finish the book.

Egwene will send a delegation to Rand.

We will get confirmation from the DO or Moridin that Graendel is balefired.  We will also find out what MEsanna was doing during the attack/if she is still in White Tower.

Black Tower will break. :o

Demandred's location will be revealed, I almost want to think he is with the Borderlanders since no other Forsaken has shown up there.

Archived