DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Three Women and a Funeral. . . .

bluecole

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but i didn't find it on the FAQ or in a search. . . .

In Min's vision, she sees (paraphrased) 3 women standing over a funeral beir, or something like that.  She know's it's Rand, but there's enough questions to think he'll survive TG.

My question is, what is Bad Guy A kills rand, releases his blood on the rocks, etc. etc. enough time passes by they bury/whatever rand.  Then Good Guy B tracks down Bad Guy A, and balefires him with Callandor, or another super angreal.

Bad Guy A's actions are undone; everyone remmbers Rand being dead & buried, but he lives.  It also dovetails with RJ's use of religious symbols, and could also account for the sun rising twice.

Flame away; I'm just curious.  What do you five say?

Thanks,

B.

Hmm...interesting theory. I'd think the balefire would have to be fairly soon after Rand's death for it to work reasonably, otherwise it would have to be incredibly strong, and would probably be strong enough to rip apart the Pattern. In which case, it wouldn't really matter if Rand came back, because everything would be destroyed. Even if it happened quickly after, like the way Rand brought Mat back, it would have to be done by a very, very strong channeller.

I agree, but i favour the Tel'aran'rhiod theory; rand dies, is bound to TAR, gets removed from TAR, (like Birgitte) and is therefore reborn, the sun rises twice, and the funeral is perhaps metaphorical. (although i've always suspected that when they say "his blood on the rocks of shayol ghul", i've thought, 'what if he didn't die, and he just bled onto the rocks....' Probably not, but it makes sense.

• Community Administrator

There was probably a span of an hour or two when Mat, Aviendha and Asmodean were killed before Rand balefired Rhavin.  Rand is one of the strongest (if not the strongest) male channelers alive.  I think it would take someone much more powerful than him to make balefire that erases an entire day or two.

I'm a firm believer that the voice Rand hears in EotW is the Creator and I like the idea that the Creator will take part in the Last Battle just to put Rand's soul back inside another (or his own) body the way the DO does with the Forsaken.  (I don't think I've found anyone who agrees with that theory.)

~Mashaira

• 2 weeks later...

Archived