DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Several Blademaster Ceremonies Soon

Sangreal

So I noticed that Dante, Sandre, Edana, Visar, and maybe Shawn will all need a Blademaster Ceremony in the near future. So I thought I would toss out the idea of having them all done together. Everyone is still finishing up reqs so I thought I would mention it now.

well, aside from the fact that Shawn still has three reqs to do before that time comes I think it's a neat idea.......but how would they be done together?  Do you have any ideas on that?  And on the other hand, it could be a sort of race to the finish line because if you've already done it but assist someone else with theirs it can be used as one of your optional reqs in the next group.

I'm a bit behind on some of my reqs, but even if I'm not caught up, I'd love to participate (and potentially have that count as a req).  Even if Visar fails, which I'm more than willing to do because that's more fun and he doesn't have to be a blademaster.

I think one could prove their sword/primary weapon skills in a somewhat safe manner.  I.e. the blademaster wannabe would first show off their skills solo and maybe some examples of their own drills, and then have to fight an actual blademaster (reviewed by the Council carefully) with either blunt steel or sharp steel with an Aes Sedai handy to either Heal or blunt the blades with the Power.  Or one could do sort of a prize playing with dozens of experienced and inexperienced fighters, and the ones playing for the prize (title of blademaster) would have to fight some multiple opponents, some duels, and have to do well enough to deserve the title.  Though the latter would probably take a LOT more time lol.

So if it's to be a competition between the four/five of us, perhaps only one or two of us would be allowed to receive the title Blademaster at that time.  That would make things interesting, I think, and give us motivation to participate frequently(people that lag behind in the rp would "drop out").

Just thought I'd throw those ideas out there for your consideration.

If it's a duel, Ed calls dibs on Sandre and Dante. *smirks* Yes, I'm kidding. Making up wouldn't be allowed on these forums, anyway. ;)

I'm up for it if ya'll are! I need to read the ceremony, but I think we can make it work for us. :)

As for req's, I only have 2 (which reminds me, Sandre and Ed need to come home sooner or later, dear one) left before my Blademaster, but I'm up for helping out if ya'll need some assistance getting there... :)