DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Awesome Labor Day Stories

Krakalakachkn

So, this thread is dedicated to awesome labor day stories.  I thought there might be some interesting ones that would be cool to hear.  I'll go first.

I played a lot of Call of Duty 4 and got free chick fil a sandwiches because today was FREE CHICK FIL A SANDWICH DAY which is AWESOME!

Your turn

I made some money dogsitting (and doing free laundry, and watching free cable (House marathon on Saturday) while eating free chocolate pudding cups), had a nice date during which I saw a TERRIBLE mime troupe (turns out not all mimes are the cool ones with white faces who don't talk: in fact, some of them are truly terrible actors and singers who dress up in shitty costumes and try to deliver politically and socially relevant commentary while dressed like animals (see sfmt.org... this could originate only in San Francisco  ::))), got a pedicure and chatted with my best friend, and went to an apparently cancelled drop-in rehersal for a show I'm planning to be in later this month (wasting $8.50 taking MOUSTACHE to get there (love ya Hax *g*)). Now I'm going to do some work work before going back to the office tomorrow. Bah.

... Yes, I know it's all very exciting, aren't you glad you read about it?

Its spelled labour. You fail at spelling.

Me, I moved my brother into school, went to a housewarming party for a couple of friends who just moved in, and am currently at another friend's place being unsocial and waiting for people to leave so I can sleep. I'm tired.

I worked, which entailed me going to a couple of meetings that I didn't want to be in and then doing paper work for the rest of the day... overall sucky work day.  Went to the my dad in the hospital, came home, work on school suff wrote this post.... pondering about going to sleep so I'm not dead in class tomorrow...

I played Lost Oddysey all day... which is a Xbox game I picked up that is basically FF7 with 10 times the cut scenes.... seriously.  I fight a random battle, move to a new area and get 15 minutes of scenes.  I have started to skip them all and like the game much better. 

• Community Administrator

I played Lost Oddysey all day... which is a Xbox game I picked up that is basically FF7 with 10 times the cut scenes.... seriously.  I fight a random battle, move to a new area and get 15 minutes of scenes.  I have started to skip them all and like the game much better. 

You obviously haven't played FF7. (Or if you have, then lost oddysey doesn't have that many cutscenes compared to MGS4 :P)

But it sounds closer to Xenosaga, only the opposite. Gameplay sucked in xeno, cutscenes/story was fuckin awesome! ;)

FF7 had cutscenes but I don't remember this many dude.  Maybe because I was much younger and patient.  Plus the cut scenes were epic.  In this one the lead remembers a dream... and you Fing READ what he remembers.  or..... you have a cut scene with something meaningless.  Drives me bonkers. 

And I didn't like MGS4 either.  I played 1 hour and returned it. 

• Community Administrator

FF7 had cutscenes but I don't remember this many dude.  Maybe because I was much younger and patient.  Plus the cut scenes were epic.  In this one the lead remembers a dream... and you Fing READ what he remembers.  or..... you have a cut scene with something meaningless.  Drives me bonkers. 

And I didn't like MGS4 either.  I played 1 hour and returned it. 

Didn't like it? 1 hour? You probably played the game for 20 minutes! (you know, 20 min instalation, 30 minunte introduction...)

Gah you suck! and its called A.D.D! ;)

Archived