DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

shadow spawn

Rinkai

Fades, definitely. The fact that the Dark One created a greater Fade for part of his own essence made them even higher above the other Shadowspawn for me. To me they seem like a hint towards the Dark Ones "true image" so to speak. Especially when I pair up a) True Power users eventually losing their eyes, and b) Myrdraal, a defect in a True Power experiment, having no eyes. Ishamael had no eyes but could most likely see by the same methods Myrdraal do, maybe its an aspect of the True Powers nature that it causes those exposed to it to evolve, for lack of a better word. Sight no longer require eyes. Maybe.

Would Fain qualify as shadow spawn? If so, he is my man! There is nothing better then a badass dude with an awesome weapon suffering from multiple personality disorder. He will make all other spawn pee their pants, make them do what he wants and rape their mother for spite! You can't get any lower then that.

there all a bit pissweak really.

how many fades take down serious targets? none that i can recall...all that happens is they are runmoured to be scary. all filler, no killer ;D

the dogs dont get used near enough.

trollocs might as well be traffic cones.

the grey men are probo the best....pure pawns in the game.

is black ajah shadowspawn?...or does shadowspawn technically mean born of the shadow?..as in darkfriends are NOT sahdowspawn?

there all a bit pissweak really.

how many fades take down serious targets? none that i can recall...all that happens is they are runmoured to be scary. all filler, no killer ;D

the dogs dont get used near enough.

trollocs might as well be traffic cones.

the grey men are probo the best....pure pawns in the game.

is black ajah shadowspawn?...or does shadowspawn technically mean born of the shadow?..as in darkfriends are NOT sahdowspawn?

Haha, traffic cones :D Yeah, it's always amusing to see Rand's encounter with Narg on the rereads....

But yeah, I mostly agree. While people have pointed out some things that make Fade's pretty damn cool, they are still pretty expendable. Even your low end Aes Sedai can take one out, and it's gotten to the point where it seems like anyone with a little more fighter prowess then "random solider #3" can best a Fade in combat.

However, you missed gholums, which would have to be my pick. Lets see....

-He bitch smacked Mat easily....one of the very best fighters we've seen the whole series.

-The Forsaken themselves are so scared of them that they only made....what was it, 6 of them? 12? I can't remember the exact number.

-Just imagine setting one of them loose in the White Tower. Barring a Warder getting lucky(do we even know what amount of physical damage it would even take to stop a gholum?), it could probably slaughter every Aes Sedai in the place while they stood there looking puzzled....

Wurms are also an interesting possiblity. I am rereading tEotW right now, and I am just a page or two away from that part. While they are still vunerable to the one power, it sounds like even with that they are a bitch to take down....

Would Fain qualify as shadow spawn?

So far only Gray Men are the only people listed as shadowspawn.  Though Gray Men might be more accurately considered as former people than as people.

They are those who gave their souls to the Dark One and become almost unnoticeable.

what your favorite type of shadow spawn and why?

Maybe trollocs & myrddraal since they are easy to deal with.

None of the Shadowspawn seem particularly bright...

Trollocs--dumb as a box of bricks

Fades--probably about average human intelligence

Draghkar--definitely not bright at all, and also it seems like the soul-sucker creature has been done enough to be a cliche since so many fantasy series have them

Gholam--probably about average human intelligence.  What I'm wondering is if there's any kind of "solvent" that would just melt their asses if they had it dumped on them.  Otherwise, they just seem too easily invincible without enough Ter'Angreal around like Mat's

Worms--some stupid shadowspawn that apparently de-evolved from something that was a much better and more powerful creation of Aginor's back in the day, but the ancestor didn't survive and the Worms don't develop to the level Aginor had them at

Gray Men (if Shadowspawn)--well, they are simple yet effective.  although most people seem to think you'd have to be particularly stupid to become one.

So far, seems like the Darkhounds are the most intelligent of the Shadowspawn, and chances are they get that because they are the dark counterparts of the wolves they came from, wolves being particularly intelligent in this world.

I think, even though they have no point other than servants of the Forsaken at Darkfriend Socials (so far), those creepy people that are doll-like with black eyes that can read your mind are probably the coolest shadowspawn.  Chances are they are like Gray Men and were once human, but they give me the chills more when they show up in the story.

there are implications that the creepy servants are from the age of legends. Graendal once said that ishy must have found a stasis box full of them. And while i cant remember her exact words, im positive that she meant the creepy doll-things.

Gholam--probably about average human intelligence.  What I'm wondering is if there's any kind of "solvent" that would just melt their asses if they had it dumped on them.  Otherwise, they just seem too easily invincible without enough Ter'Angreal around like Mat's

Maybe its meant to feel like that. Maybe Fain will deal with it.

Maybe its meant to feel like that. Maybe Fain will deal with it.

That would be cool.  it would be interesting to see what the SL dagger could do to a gholam, since they are pretty unique Shadowspawn.

good ending, "rand and mat and perrin, after all they went through, got there buts kicked by a giant worm before they even faced the DO. The end."

I wouldn't be able to help it...I'd laugh out loud if that happened.  That sounds a bit close to "F*** You Lews Therin, you might have won this time, but I'm taking you down with me! Love, The DO"

I am actually wondering what other shadowspawn we havent seen yet, cause we have only seen shadowspawn up till the mountains, so there is likely new kinds beyond them

The most likely new kinds would probably be former people (like Gray Men) since new creatures have not yet been made by any channeler.

All other kinds seem to be from the Age of Legends.

Archived