DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What force created Slayer?

Lord Monty

Well Fain's case is considered unique. I doubt that Ishy would waste his time personally distilling and reforming two souls into one body. Or maybe just cutting each soul in half somehow and adding them together. Speaking of which, do you think they were both darkfriends, or if Luc was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know Isam was a darkfriend because he was raised by the Dark One.

How much validity can we place in the "dark prophecy" written early in the series, the one that references Luc and Isam? Are we led to believe the encounter between Luc and Isam took place before Eye of the World?

Ive always linked their being joined to the True Power. The only people I can see being capable of anything like joining two people together would be either Ishamael, the Dark One, or Aginor. Im convinced it was the Dark One himself, that Luc and Isam went to Shayol Ghul and were altered, same as Fain.

• 2 weeks later...

didn't the dark prophesy say the Isam waited in the high passes for Luc? I dont think that anyone could make it to the high passes by themselves, without being a darkfriend because theres so much stuff up there that would kill them. So maybe Luc was summoned by the DO and Isam was to guide him there?

something dark because it was in the blight wasnt it??  ???    plus he's pretty evil and is controlled by the dark one (he was sent to kill the 2 black ajah before they could reveal anything (elayne and ny"summit" had captured them in the stone of tear  ;D    i think?

His/ Their PoV in WH says something like he had been granted many powers though not the power to channel or an immunity to poison. I can't think of anybody except the Great Lord (given that the Creator has sin-binned himself) who has the umm, power to grant many powers. Incidentally some of those powers include wandering in the flesh at will through TaR and dreams, changing form at will and ordering Fades and Trollocs around.

One can also infer that neither Isam/ Luc had the physical/ genetic capability to channel since that power was not granted. This has some bearing on the "Can Lan/ Galad Channel?" threads. What else?

Archived