DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Glee - Fox - Wed 9 pm est

Emperor

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jane Lynch is probably one of my favorite actresses of all time, now! :D  I first saw her in Another Cinderella Story, and I think the movie would've sucked without her in it.  Now, I get to see her every Wednesday night! *dances around*

Go Sue! :P

I don't know.  I like Sue, but I quickly got tired of her being co-chair of the glee club...as in the first scene of this episode.  She was hysterical, but I just didn't find it believable that everyone would turn against Mr. Schuester like that.  I also really can't stand Schuester's wife.  I want him to just dump her already.

My biggest problem though, is how they are constantly putting Rachel and Finn to the forefront of the performances.  I really want to hear Kurt, Puck, asian dancing kid, and Tina do some lead singing. 

Still my only complaint is the music seems to recorded.. and some of the voices just don't seem to match.  Like is that boy in the wheelchair really have that kind of voice?

According to imdb he is a member of the boy band NLT, whatever that means.

They sound decent on itunes, but they're just your standard boy band fare

There were definitely some plums in yesterdays episode:

"My Weave!"

"I need something to shake my money maker to"

"Football is war. And no one singular man can win, even if they strap nukes on him"

"Rachel was a hot Jew and the good Lord wanted me to get in her pants."

"You sunk my battleship Rob, you sunk it hard."

Sue's quote of the night

"I'll need to see that set list for sectionals after all. I want it on my desk warm from the laminator at 5pm and if it is one minute late I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat.  I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat and then on some dark cold night I will steal away into your home and punch you in the face."

I can't be caged in, Sue. That's why I got my tiger tattoo.

I don't think any one decision makes your life. Unless you invent some sort of zombie virus or something.

I, for one, think intimacy has no place in a marriage. Walked in on my parents once and it was like seeing two walruses wrestling.

It was a message from God: Rachel was a hot Jew and the good lord wanted me to get into her pants.

Football is war and no one single man can win that war, not even if they strap nukes on him.

Being in Australia I'm I think, two episodes behind? Anyway, all I can say is

Gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I am a huge fan of this show, largely because I'm such a gleek myself, and anything that mixes hilarity with awesome music is going to win with me. And Sue Sylvester. Could she be any more awesome? Her lines leave me in stitches for ages. I love that woman, in Two and a Half Men as the crazy shrink and also in the movie Role Models - no doubt she gets great lines but she pulls them off brilliantly.

Yay Glee! Even Voldemort is a Gleek:

glee001_by_secretsmile90.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... again... the songs are too fake.  The guy in the wheelchair and the voice just do not match.  This is my biggest complaint.  I would rather not have the songs airbrushed.  The Wicked song was the best this week as it seemed more realistic.

I agree with your "airbrushed" comment. The songs are so obviously pre-recorded and fixed up and smoothed out that it is distracting. Even good singers don't sound like that in person.

And that is the dude's voice, Emp. He doesn't actually use a wheelchair, but that actor does sing his part. Apparently the disabled community is irritated that they chose a non-disabled person to play the part.

What?! Back the train up! I thought it was great. Of COURSE the music is all pre-recorded and perfect! It's a sitcom. And I sort of think that the fact that it is so rehearsed, makes it even more funny and over the top.

I thought the Endless Love duet was cute. I like the wheelchair number. I think the problem with wheelchair kid's voice is that it isn't that great.

Quotes:

"Other Asian?"

"I could totally sing this song with Finn, but screw him if he thinks he's getting the Diana Ross part from me."

"I never noticed how nice Rachel's butt is. Oh, crap! I think Quinn knows I'm staring at it."

"I don't know why I think his stupidity is charming. I mean, he's cheating off a girl who thinks the square root of 4 is rainbows."

"Yeah, they gave her 30 minutes. Her father set the timer on the microwave."

FICKLE!  >:(

Quotes:

"I never noticed how nice Rachel's butt is. Oh, crap! I think Quinn knows I'm staring at it."

"I don't know why I think his stupidity is charming. I mean, he's cheating off a girl who thinks the square root of 4 is rainbows."

Those were by far the funniest parts, and very funny they were.

I'm still enjoying the show, I caught up on the last two episodes today, and while they weren't as funny as some of the first episodes, I'm still very much entertained by the show and can't wait to see upcoming episodes.

My complaint is that I think they're focusing too much on Quinn's pregnancy.  They've definitely made it the biggest aspect of the show right now.  I still can't get over how insecure Mr. Schuester is either, I mean I figured he would have realized "hair flair" is worthless and it's all about talent.  I do like where they're going with Sue, but I wish they would give her more lines.  She's been noticeably absent in the past few episodes.

I think the reason they are making such a big deal out of it, is because they are going to make an even bigger deal out of it when Finn finds out the baby isn't his, and when Schuester hopefully wakes up and opens his eyes to see his wife is an evil lying liar who LIES!

Also, I just purchased the season one soundtrack of Glee and it is awesome! :D

Archived