DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Glee - Fox - Wed 9 pm est

Emperor

Fox has ordered a full season of the critically-acclaimed comedy "Glee," it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company.

"The response we've received to 'Glee' has been remarkable," said Reilly. "It's already got the makings of a cultural phenomenon. I've seen all 13 episodes, and Ryan Murphy, his team and the talented 'Glee' cast have knocked our socks off with their incredible work. We're happy to pick up this gem of a show, and can't wait to see what they'll do with the rest of the season."

"It's fantastic to be the first show picked up and that this underdog series, like its characters, will get the chance to keep singing," said series co-creator/executive producer Ryan Murphy. "There are so many more stories to tell. We're grateful for the incredible passion shown by everyone involved the unbelievable fans, the cast, crew, our partners at the network and studio and even music artists and labels."

In the next episode of "Glee," airing Wednesday, Sept. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Kurt (Chris Colfer) takes center stage when he tries out for the football team in order to impress his dad. Sandy (guest star Stephen Tobolowsky) and Sue (Jane Lynch) join forces to carry out their plans for disbanding the Glee Club. Meanwhile, Quinn (Dianna Agron) and Finn's (Cory Monteith) relationship is tested when they receive some life-changing news.

"Glee," the genre-defying musical comedy series, follows an optimistic teacher who against all odds and a malicious cheerleading coach attempts to save McKinley High's Glee Club from obscurity while helping a group of aspiring underdogs realize their true star potential. The critically acclaimed series stars Dianna Agron, Chris Colfer, Jessalyn Gilsig, Jane Lynch, Jayma Mays, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Matthew Morrison, Amber Riley and Mark Salling. Guest stars this season include Victor Garber, Josh Groban, Kristin Chenoweth and Eve.

During its preview and throughout the summer, more than 25 million people sampled the first episode of "Glee." The Sept. 9 premiere of "Glee" was Fox's highest-rated fall scripted new series premiere in three years among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens. In fact, during its first week this season, over 15 million viewers watched "Glee's" fall premiere episode. Additionally, the show has attracted over 300,000 obsessed fans on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, and after only three episodes, six of the songs featured on "Glee" have already made it into iTunes' Top 100 Downloads.

"Glee" is produced by Ryan Murphy Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan are co-creators of the series. Murphy, Falchuk and Dante Di Loreto serve as executive producers, while Ian Brennan serves as co-executive producer.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a link to a fun review of Glee:

http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/2009/09/gleeful.html

I follow this blog for fashion and it's Project Runway reviews.  They also cover Mad Men, but I haven't read those yet because I haven't had time to catch Mad Men online yet.

And a warning, like fourfour with the ANTM reviews, sometimes their language is a little colorful, so if that is an issue with where you read blogs, just be aware.

"Dishonesty is food to the marriage. It will die without it."

"I'll often yell at homeless people: 'Hey, how is that homelessness working out for you? Try not being homeless for once.'"

Thought this was another strong episode.  The only problem is I hate that Beyonce song and I went to sleep with it in my head.... and the routine.

Emp...the routing being stuck in your head at bedtime with the football guys doing it would creep anyone out.  I kept cringing when they did it on the field.  Empathy...which someone else on this board mentioned...sucks sometimes.

I REALLY didn't expect the twist of what's his face being the baby daddy...and was pleasantly surprised by that dramatic turn of events.  It gives the show a bit of a deeper layer than I think it had.  Especially considering he wanted to distance himself from the dead-beat-dad scenario that his father had put he and his mother through.  Almost makes you feel sorry for him in spite of the fact that he stabbed his best friend in the back.

Loved Kurt's coming out to his father.  'Are you sure...OK...Just had to check.' ;D

Wish they had been a little more Steel Magnolias (Laughter through tears) about it though. 

All in all...big YEAH from me!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Too much Kristin Chenoweth and not enough funny.  Don't get me wrong, Chenoweth was awesome in West Wing and that pie show (I think it is funny the name escapes me) but I don't watch Glee for guest appearances.  I want the dark humor and Kurt auditioning for the role of kicker.  I also want a quote for my Facebook but none popped out at me this week.

Yes, Kevin McHale used to be in a boy band called NLT. He really sings that way, and he has also been in two episodes of True Blood, and an episode of the Office.

Every main character in the show that sings, is singing with their real voice, as far as I know. Fin and the other chick were on the View the other night, and they were talking about it.

I always thought the desire to procreate showed deep personal weakness.

You're dealing with children. They need to be terrified. It's like mother's milk to them.

Dear journal. Feeling listless again today. It began at dawn when I tried to make a smoothie out of beef bones, breaking my juicer.[…] Without a championship I’ll lose my endorsements. And without those endorsements, I won’t be able to buy my hovercraft. […] Every time I try to destroy that club it only comes back stronger like some sexually ambiguous whore movie villain. […] bi-curious machinations of a cabal of doughy, misshapen teens.”

OK...they got deep enough with the whole Quinn situation last night that I found myself wondering how far the show will go to show an emotional side in the long run.  Only time will tell.

Loved the episode, but no my favorite so far by a long shot.  Sue Sylvester is still a scene stealing genius, and I hope they never change that.

Sue: I can't stand the sight of kids getting emotional, unless it's from physical exhaustion.

Will: I can't do a song with three people.

Sue: Not with that attitude.

Finn: I came up with the best baby name of all-time: Drizzle.

Sue: I empower my Cheerios to be champions. Do they go to college? I don't know. I don't care. Should they learn Spanish? Sure, if they wanna become dishwashers and gardeners.

Sue: I like minorities so much, I'm thinking of moving to California to become one.

Sue: I don't trust a man with curly hair. I can't help but picture little birds laying sulfurous eggs in there, and it disgusts me.

I still have a problem with this show. It's just too blunt--don't get me wrong, the idea of what they are doing is clever--coverage of the minorities and so forth in that blunt unforgiving way has it's own degree of brilliance in terms of social commentary... but it just sets me on edge on this completely primal, visceral level. I find myself grinding my teeth even as I approve.

Archived