DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Theory on the true nature of the Dark One and the Nae'Blis

Dagon Thyne

I have always wondered why Shai'tan would need someone to rule the would in his place.  I mean, why would the most powerful being in the universe want to share power?  I came to the conclusion.  The Dark One doesn't need the Nae'Blis to rule for him, but to be him.

I believe, that Shai'tan is actual the essence, the spirit, if you will, of pure evil.  He does not have a physical body of his own.  So he must take someone else's.  I believe the Nae'Blis is going to have their soul destroyed so that the Dark One can take their body. 

Well Shaidar Haran is his Avatar. Maybe the Dark One just doesn't want to mess with the mundane aspects of actually ruling a conquered world. I mean, what would there be to do anyway? You pretty much destroyed everything, why not have Aginor whip up some more intelligent versions of trollocs, split the Forsaken into kingdoms, and have them fight to the death for all eternity? Omg, that would be awesome.

I don't think so.  The DO simply needs someone to break him out of prison completely so he can reduce the world to chaotic shambles.  He creates the position of Nae'blis to lure people to him with the promise of ultimate power over all the rest.  The kind of people he attracts to himself as followers would all strive for this ultimate position ... gives them a motive to follow him.  He has no intention of sharing power.  He simply lets the Forsaken believe he does.

I don't think so.  The DO simply needs someone to break him out of prison completely so he can reduce the world to chaotic shambles.  He creates the position of Nae'blis to lure people to him with the promise of ultimate power over all the rest.  The kind of people he attracts to himself as followers would all strive for this ultimate position ... gives them a motive to follow him.  He has no intention of sharing power.  He simply lets the Forsaken believe he does.

Wow, that would be a real dick move. It's like "Dark One breaks out of prison "WOO! FINALLY OUT!" Moridin & Forsaken "YEAH! WE WON! Wheres our reward?!" Dark One "Oh yeah...about that. I lied." *Kills*. Zomg, maybe the Dark One breaks out, does that, and Moridin escapes and decides to help Rand seal him up! It would be the dream team. Ishamael and Rand. And possibly Demandred.

Well Shaidar Haran is his Avatar. Maybe the Dark One just doesn't want to mess with the mundane aspects of actually ruling a conquered world. I mean, what would there be to do anyway? You pretty much destroyed everything, why not have Aginor whip up some more intelligent versions of trollocs, split the Forsaken into kingdoms, and have them fight to the death for all eternity? Omg, that would be awesome.

Shaidar Haran is a Myrdraal that Shai'tan uses to touch the world while still in his prison.  I don't think a Myrdraal's body would be able to support the full power of the his being though. 

Wow, that would be a real dick move. It's like "Dark One breaks out of prison "WOO! FINALLY OUT!" Moridin & Forsaken "YEAH! WE WON! Wheres our reward?!" Dark One "Oh yeah...about that. I lied." *Kills*. Zomg, maybe the Dark One breaks out, does that, and Moridin escapes and decides to help Rand seal him up! It would be the dream team. Ishamael and Rand. And possibly Demandred.

Too bad his prison breaks after he's free this time.  Remember, Rand is the final chosen one.  No more resealing.

Shaidar Haran is a Myrdraal that Shai'tan uses to touch the world while still in his prison.  I don't think a Myrdraal's body would be able to support the full power of the his being though. 

Ah, but Shaidar Haran is no ordinary Myrdraal. He was custom-made by the Dark One himself. The Dark One has a very small portion of his power in Shaidar Haran. Also, why should body size be a restraint on power? Bigger isn't always better, as I'm sure Sammael would be quick to tell you :P. (Get it? He's short. Haha.)

Too bad his prison breaks after he's free this time.  Remember, Rand is the final chosen one.  No more resealing.

Well when the Dark One's prison was sealed, the Dark One didn't have himself completely out yet anyway. He had what was compared to a hand or so out of his prison. So, when all the seals break the Dark One is still not going to be completely free. So there would be plenty of time for a Ishy, Rand, Demandred alliance. Though it is highly unlikely :P.

the naeblis is the dark one's vice regent on earth. nothing more.

by the way the dream team would be ishy, lews therin and lanfear. How awesome would that be?

Better, Mat, Lan, and Olver. Three of the most BA characters ever, fighting to the death in a climactic last stand at the end of TG.

i have better one. how bout lan, mat, gawyn, galad and all the warders in the tower put in a gladiator ring. the rule is very simple. last man standing wins. everyone else dies :p

I will give a few reasons why i have this theory.

1-The Dark One has been broken out so many times its not funny but he never actually left the prison.  Remember when the bore was complete, he didnt try to escape.  He merely lashed out with the True Power.  Seems to me like he was waiting for someone powerful enough to act as his body.  

2-He can tap the True Source directly.   The True Power is pulled directly from the true eource into his being and corupted there.  Normal people can only use the power once its been broken into Saidar and Saidin, or if they are linked to the Dark One and can use The True Power.

3-He brought Ishmael back as Moridin even though he tried to kill Rand when he was still needed.  

In the end, I still think my theory is correct.  And for whoever it was that said he just wants to let someone break him out completely, He is already being released.  Once the seals are gone he's free.  He doesn't need someone to open his prison. There is already a giant hole.

I will give a few reasons why i have this theory.

1-The Dark One has been broken out so many times its not funny but he never actually left the prison.  Remember when the bore was complete, he didnt try to escape.  He merely lashed out with the True Power.  Seems to me like he was waiting for someone powerful enough to act as his body.  

2-He can tap the True Source directly.   The True Power is pulled directly from the true eource into his being and corupted there.  Normal people can only use the power once its been broken into Saidar and Saidin, or if they are linked to the Dark One and can use The True Power.

3-He brought Ishmael back as Moridin even though he tried to kill Rand when he was still needed.  

In the end, I still think my theory is correct.  And for whoever it was that said he just wants to let someone break him out completely, He is already being released.  Once the seals are gone he's free.  He doesn't need someone to open his prison. There is already a giant hole.

1. The Dark One has never been completely broken out. You mistake the size of the Bore. The Bore is just that - a hole. If the Dark One's prison is a house, the Bore is a small window, like a porthole. Why would he need someone to be his body if he could just tear apart his prison and use his own body. (Assuming he has one)

2. The True Power (True Source = One Power, wish people would quit making that mistake :( ) stems directly from the Dark One. It isn't the One Power corrupted, it is the Dark One's power.

3. He brought Ishy back to life because he is conserving his resources. He has to do that, there are only so many competent people in the world. And what makes Ishy powerful enough to be used by the Dark One as a vessel anyway? He's not that tough.

The Bore is not like a missing roof or wall on the Dark One's prison. The Bore is a small window, which the Dark One can reach out of. He is not, nor has he ever been, completely free. If all the seals are broken, then the Bore will become a small window without the blinds shut. That being said, the Bore does get bigger over time, because the Dark One strains against it.

does not make sense dagon thyne. the do will want nothing more to break open his prison. u think he will decline an offer of freedom?

even if the seals were shattered the prison will only remain partially open just like in war of power just before lews therin sealed it. the only point here is to seal the prison and make it whole just before lanfear broke open

the problem is that lews therin method of sealing is weak and in effectual. and to reseal the bore in it's original form one must first break open the seals and clear the debris so to speak.

the dark one wants to break that prison completely so that he can then rule the world unhindered. dragon or no dragon

Archived