DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Find the Foreshadowing!

Padraic_Seebrr

Maybe this doesn't deserve its own thread, but there is a lot of foreshadowing in the WoT. (As if you didn't know, Ha!) This thread is about finding the foreshadowing and ...well posting it in here :P. Now nothing obvious, like Min's viewings, but little things.

Ex: Breane, Lamgwin's girlfriend/wife, is in The Great Hunt. Thom says "I recognize those three, boy. Breane Taborwin alone would give you an education such as every man should have at least once in his life, if he can live through it." This the part where Rand is in the party at Barthanes looking for the Horn, and those three women start hitting on him so he goes and talks to Thom.

If we're going for long term then insert all of Min's as yet unfulfilled viewings from book one. Edit: That said I am MUCH MUCH more a fan of, for ex. Luckers' point with regards to Tuon being casually mentioned and then showing up than blatant "LOOK THIS IS PROPHECY OO SIGNIFICANT LOOK LOOK ITS DEEP AND MEANINGFUL!!!!" Which alas The Wheel of Time is full of; I especially hate Min for this, but all the various dreams and spoken prophecies are just as bad really.

I mentioned a foreshadowing a few days ago in another thread:

In PoD, Cadsuane is embroiding a male hand holding the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai (one of the seals). She says that it's unclear whether the hand is holding it together or crushing it, but that she knows what her intentions are with it.

I think it's a foreshadowing that Rand will crush the final seal himself (and that Cadsuane has an important role in making that clear to him).

Im sure really early in the series Rand has a dream about being at Tar Valon. He dreams that he is there to go to the White Tower, and that people around him bow and curtsy; at first he wonders why, but then in the dream he feels that they should be bowing to him. And as he walks towards the Tower people smile at him, yet when he thinks of turning down side streets they start to frown and look upset. I think this is a good piece of foreshadowing, although it relates to nothing other than Rand being the Dragon Reborn, but peoples reactions in that dream show, in a metaphoric way, how much of the world see Rand.

That's in the eye of the world, and its because when he enters the Tower he finds a Myrdraal waiting for him. The dream was meant to mean that everyones his enemy.

I think Ishamael had a lot to do with that.

Eh, Ishy didn't really influence Rand's dreams so much as he popped in and became Rand's dream. Not sure if he could influence Rand's dreams without being directly involved.

Always thought that was Ishamael doing, similar to the dreams where the Ishamael plants the distrust about Aes Sedai making false dragons. Always felt like he didnt want Rand to succeed in reaching the WT in the beginning of the eye of the world. Dunno why though, since it turned out alot better for the good side to go to shienar :) Or at least Ishamael didnt want him to trust any Aes Sedai.

Archived