DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

First to Go?

trakand_01

So... i'm back!

TG is approaching rapidly. We've started to see the 'harbingers'. Who, of the main characters do you think will be the first to be killed? I think it would be remarkably optimistic to believe that all our hero's / heroines will survive. I think there will be some incredible 'Rolan' moments to come (dies suddenly and unexpectedly).

Who do you think will be first?

Min's viewings suggest that herself, Elayne and Aviendha will see Rand die (3 women in a boat?) but granted the 3 women arent necessarily them...

I'm sure a lot of people will 'hope' for Faile but personally I like her. I think Bashere will be a good bet. On a personal level I also think Egwene (making way for Tarna) and Gawyn will go... Galad i think will survive.

Thoughts?

There have been a number of threads about this.

Tenobia & Bashere dieing would be probable because of Min's Viewing of Broken Crown.  Both of them abdicating would also fulfill the Viewing; though slight chance of Tenobia abdicating.

Egwene & Gawyn, their deaths will need to be after Egwene bonds Gawyn. (Egwene's Dream, Lord of Chaos Chapter 15)

Also, there are other prophecies for each to fulfill (some involving both).

Galad; if he is the one Berelain would become in love with, he would probably survive.

About Rand, there is a chance that he may be resurrected; some prophecies indicate this.

From Robert Jordan's plans of outriggers, we know Mat & Tuon will survive.

I don't see Egwene biting the dust. I believe she'll become a force to be reckoned with by the novel's end. I can see Cadsuane and Sorilea dying by the end of the trilogy. That their time would be up and all that but of course, after they help out Rand and the Asha'man with the laugher and tears and so on.

Bashere seems to be another likely candidate. I personally believe that we'll see Rhuarc pass on in a sad moment.

Tough to decide "who", much less "who's first", but...I'm thinking it may be Morgase / Tallanvor.  I've actually liked her character, and can't see her as a 2nd class citizen nor a subject to anyone, even her daughter. 

I also think Noel / Jain Charin (Farstrider) may not make it out of the realm of the Ael/Eel. 

Jordan was/is so damn greedy about killing off his characters that I am really not expecting too big of a blood bath :P

I mean, he kills off Forsaken and they come back, and the one big "death" in the series is Moiraine, who won't even stay dead.

I don't really expect any of the big characters to die, except maybe Rand(and even there the visions/prophecies about his death are so ambigious as to point to just about anything other then his actual death!). Egwene, Elayne, Perrin, Mat, and Nyn are all safe, I think. Faile is also safe, I think....Jordan just doesn't have the mean streak in him to take Faile from Perrin, too ;)

Some big-ish secondary characters that I could see dying; Thom, Cadsuane, Lan, Birgette, Morgase, Gawyn and so on. Out of all of those types of characters, I think Loial is safe, though....don't see Jordan killing him off.

And as others have said, the current leaders of nations are all probably likely to get it so as to make way for new rulers.

Seeing as Cadsuane is one of my favorite characters I gotta say that she is almost certain to die, I think. In fact, thinking about it, I wouldn't rule out the idea that now that Rand has gotten so close to her that her death by his side might actually be a part of her teaching him to feel again.

Faile is also safe, I think....Jordan just doesn't have the mean streak in him to take Faile from Perrin, too ;)

Well he did take Faile from Perrin before, the question is does he have the mean streak to do it again, and permanently?  ;)

(for the record I hope not, cause I like both of them)

he will kill them all, the sealing of shayol ghul will cause a nuclear reaction as atoms get squeeze between the seal and the edge of the bore causing a nuclear blast killing everyone in the blight and causing a nuclear holocaust world wide (btw this is severe sarcasm and I hope no one took me seriously in this post)

he will kill them all, the sealing of shayol ghul will cause a nuclear reaction as atoms get squeeze between the seal and the edge of the bore causing a nuclear blast killing everyone in the blight and causing a nuclear holocaust world wide (btw this is severe sarcasm and I hope no one took me seriously in this post)

BLASPHEMY! THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS ATOMS IN RANDLAND!

So... i'm back!
I don't believe you. It sounds rather far-fetched.

As for the first to die, a few possibilities: Egwene, Gawyn, Noal, Lan, Cadsuane. In fact, they all might be dead by the end.

Archived