DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Berelains white clad warrior

Discomandavis

I was just thinking about this.

Remember min's viewing of Berelain that she will fall "head over heels" for a white clad warrior.

More thank likely that this is Galad, since he is now a white cloak and he has been known to be a heart throb, and he is royalty kind of. Basically everything Berelain desires.

I'm thinking that it might be Logain. On the basis that Taim wears black, and that Min's viewing of Logain has Mayene's colors. Of course, I could just be seeing a pattern where there is none. The most obvious answer would probably be that it is Galad. I'm still hoping that it is Logain.

Galad makes the most sense to me. Plus if the theories about Perrin's group meeting up with the WC then they would finally meet. I want to know if Galad will end up becoming King of Cairhein, this seems unlikely now that he is the Lord Captain Commander of the CoL but I still think it would be a good choice as King.

Yeah it's generally accepted that this is Galad. He lost Nyn to Lan, Egwene to Gawyn. Regardless of any other theories, put two and two together, they're both dark-haired, attractive... Faile's taken, Min's very very much taken, Avi's a redhead... Berelain's about the only one left.

She's also very deserved IMO.

Galad makes the most sense to me. Plus if the theories about Perrin's group meeting up with the WC then they would finally meet. I want to know if Galad will end up becoming King of Cairhein, this seems unlikely now that he is the Lord Captain Commander of the CoL but I still think it would be a good choice as King.

The children of noon united with the people of the rising sun. Fits nicely!

Remember min's viewing of Berelain that she will fall "head over heels" for a white clad warrior.

Actually it is a man in white.  Nothing in the Viewing tells that he is a warrior.

Though Egwene's Dream of Egwene being tied to a hawk supports that the man would be Galad.  (At least in my opinion.)

Logain wearing white just because Taim wears black; there seems a slight chance with that reason alone.  Logain would have changed clothing to white long ago if that was the only reason.

well personally i think they are a great match, both in terms of physique and ideaology.

galad always does what is right and will defend his cause to the last.

berelain would do whatever is needed to safeguard her land even using her body.

too bad, because everybody else thinks otherwise.
Then "everyone else" is wrong. There is nothing to indicate they will end up together, and one thing - Min's Viewing - that indicates otherwise, depending on interpretation.

Then "everyone else" is wrong. There is nothing to indicate they will end up together, and one thing - Min's Viewing - that indicates otherwise, depending on interpretation.

Whom do you believe is Berelain's "man in white" that Min saw in her viewing?

Any number of characters can fit the description, but the Viewing alone cannot rule any one of them out.

And one other prophecy (in my opinion) seems to indicate that they would be together at least during some period if not at the end. I mentioned that prophecy in my other post.

Though of course different interpretations can apply with that one also.

All this is reader interpretation anyway; and only the people who have access to the notes know the actual fulfillment.

Whom do you believe is Berelain's "man in white" that Min saw in her viewing?
I believe Galad fits best. I just don't believe they will end up together. Min did say she'd be snubbed up sooner or later, after all, and who says Galad won't be the man to do it?

Any number of characters can fit the description, but the Viewing alone cannot rule any one of them out.
Well, it can rule out anyone who isn't a man, and anyone who doesn't wear white. And if you interpret Min's comment about her being snubbed up sooner or later as being in part her own comment on the Viewing (unlikely, perhaps, but possible) then it could be the man in white she falls for will do the snubbing.

And one other prophecy (in my opinion) seems to indicate that they would be together at least during some period if not at the end. I mentioned that prophecy in my other post.
A prophecy about Egwene and either Berelain or Tuon, most likely. How does Berelain's "man in white" enter into it?

Though unlikely,  I heard a theory based on the fact that it is a custom in the two rivers to wear white clothing at a funeral. So it could be that Faile dies, and Perrin is wearing white at her funeral, thus being the man in white.  Even though I doubt this particular scenario, mainly because Faile is one of my favorite characters, I won't rule it out.  I always assumed that Perrin would end up with 2(marrying both Faile and Berelain) simultaneous wives based on all the viewings and dreams about him. with the falcon and the hawk.

Rand- 3 wives

Perrin- 2 wives

Mat- 1 wife.

That's how i always thought it would be.  ;D

Well, it can rule out anyone who isn't a man, and anyone who doesn't wear white. And if you interpret Min's comment about her being snubbed up sooner or later as being in part her own comment on the Viewing (unlikely, perhaps, but possible) then it could be the man in white she falls for will do the snubbing.

By 'them', I was referring to 'characters that fit the description'.  The context of the sentence tells that.

A prophecy about Egwene and either Berelain or Tuon, most likely. How does Berelain's "man in white" enter into it?

The Dream is metaphorical/symbolic.  The most reasonable metaphoric/symbolic sense of tying in the Dream's context would be marriage and/or becoming in-laws.  And marriage generally comes after love.

The Viewing means that Berelain would become in love with the man.

The two prophecies are connected by love.

The Dream is metaphorical/symbolic.
It still doesn't relate to Berelain's man in white.
And marriage generally comes after love.
Frewquently, it doesn't. Marriages can be political.

The Viewing means that Berelain would become in love with the man.
The Viewing isn't relevant, as they are not connected. Unless you mean Egwene will marry Tuon?

i think that the whole falcon/hawk means how thay fight over perrin
Not what we're talking about.

I have an interesting theory.  Now bear in mind I'm in the middle of book 10, and haven't read book 11 since it came out.  Right now Faile is trapped in the Shaido camp.  She meets a man named Roland, a brotherless who takes a liking to her.

Faile obviously can't end up with him, she's got Perrin.  What if he was taken Gai'Shain?  Then he'd be a man in white, and since Berelain is chasing the Shaido she's in position to meet him.  RJ seems to be setting him up as somewhat of an important character, so I thought it's a possibility.

It could still be Galad or even Logain, but given that Logain is bonded to two sisters and sleeping with one I tend to doubt the latter.

I have an interesting theory.  Now bear in mind I'm in the middle of book 10, and haven't read book 11 since it came out.  Right now Faile is trapped in the Shaido camp.  She meets a man named Roland, a brotherless who takes a liking to her.

Faile obviously can't end up with him, she's got Perrin.  What if he was taken Gai'Shain?  Then he'd be a man in white, and since Berelain is chasing the Shaido she's in position to meet him.  RJ seems to be setting him up as somewhat of an important character, so I thought it's a possibility.

I'm going to have to say RAFO on that.

Archived