DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Birgitte and Gaidal

wite wo1f

I was reading Winter's Heart again and noticed that when Min Viewed Birgitte Min saw her with a man much younger than her. I seem to recall that when Birgitte was still in the world of dreams she mentioned she was always younger than Gaidal. I was therefore thinking that, despite Birgitte's worries to the contray, she would meet up with Gaidal again. I figured that I would mention this here and see what you think of it. My apologies if this has been mentioned before or if I am way off base here.

Like you mention, this was discussed before; but in threads of other topics.

The viewings to me also indicate a meeting of Birgitte & Gaidal.

About age; in the sense of coming out of Telaranrhiod, Birgitte is younger.  In sense of physical age, Birgitte is older.

I am guessing that Gaidal reborn was born before Birgitte was ripped out.

I did actually search for it but must have missed it, figured it had been mentioned before but I guess no harm in posting it again.

Also I was actually aware of the physical age of both of them, and you are right about Gaidal being reborn. If I recall correctly it was the meeting before Birgitte was ripped out that she mentioned Gaidal being spun out. I believe that she said she would be spun out sometime after him, and that it had always happened that way.

That is what leads me to believe that Birgitte would meet up with him sometime in her current life, but I was wondering if anyone could refute this.

That is what leads me to believe that Birgitte would meet up with him sometime in her current life.

That's the accepted wisdom, and that she will live further lives as a Hero with a younger Gaidal.

Birgitte is concerned, because as a rule Gaidal is older than her, yet she was ripped untimely from the other world... she was not ready to be 'born' yet Moghedien forced it. She is older than she should be, and Gaidal is not yet born (i dont for one believe that Olver is Gaidal, I think he's just a mini-Mat protege).

I think that B will EITHER die and be born again AFTER Gaidal as normal, or else has some purpose to fulfill that we havent seen. Protecting Elayne and her children most likely.

I had never thought of Gaidal being Olver and I do not think that very likely either. However, I am fairly sure that Gaidal has already been born. If I recall correctly Birgitte said specifically Gaidal was spun out by the wheel and I am fairly sure that this amounts to him being born.

I think that Gaidal is most likely a character that we have not yet seen, and perhaps we won't except in the epilogue.

Birgitte is concerned, because as a rule Gaidal is older than her, yet she was ripped untimely from the other world... she was not ready to be 'born' yet Moghedien forced it. She is older than she should be, and Gaidal is not yet born (i dont for one believe that Olver is Gaidal, I think he's just a mini-Mat protege).

I think that B will EITHER die and be born again AFTER Gaidal as normal, or else has some purpose to fulfill that we havent seen. Protecting Elayne and her children most likely.

there was no such rule.  min has seen gaidal being younger in her viewings.  now there are people who would try to convince you that it is only due to her being ripped out of tar, but there is nothing that suggests that rule.

I don't see how the difference in ages is going to work out but there is evidence that Olver could be Gaidal. Birgitte is fond of him and he is ugly. If it's not Olver then I don't think it's anyone we've met.

We know it is not Olver, confirmed by RJ.  If he is reborn, he is in dipers and he will not be factor in any of the current plots.

Thor: "there was no such rule.  min has seen gaidal being younger in her viewings.  now there are people who would try to convince you that it is only due to her being ripped out of tar, but there is nothing that suggests that rule."

There is actually something that suggests this rule, but it is not confirmed. I don't have the book with me right now but Birgitte says that Gaidal was spun out and she could be expected to also be spun out within some time. This seemed to indicate that she was always before spun out after Gaidal though it does not come right out and say it.

I am having trouble with quoting people so I just did it like this.

min has seen gaidal being younger in her viewings.
Her Viewings that are visions of the future. When Birgitte always remmemebers Gaidal being born first.

min's viewings are not limitted to the future only.  she has seen lan as the last of malkier, don't tell me that is future.

min's viewings are not limitted to the future only.
Q78- Do Min's viewings always predict the future, or do some tell about the past, mainly the 7 towers around Lan in The Eye of the World?

Um, her viewings are always concerning the future.

This Robert Jordan chump knows nothing about the series.

Archived