DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

shaidar haran

metallicafan08

Was re-reading COS recently and theres a POV of SH towards the end of the book,can't remember what it is exactly he's doin or who he's with but he starts to feel drawn back to shayol ghul as he has been away for a while.  Now I always thought that he was kinda like the DO personified in a way but the thought that he has when he feels drawn back to shayol ghul is that he is unhappy about that fact and thinks that he needs to do something to change it.  This got me to thinkin' it seems as though SH is not completely happy at the fact that he is essentially the DO's bitch, he wants to escape the hold that the DO and shayol ghul have on him and make his own evil way in the world, it might not seem that way to others who see the POV but it's something to think about, is SH even 100% loyal to the great lord????

At first I agreed with you. I think it was confusingly worded. I think we agreed  here that it was the DO saying he will extend his reach therefore SH can travel farther away from shayol ghul.

Personally I think it would be  more interesting if he really was thinking of defecting.

I just think it meant the connection was an inconvenience as in it had things it needed to do, and jumping to Shayol Ghul for long enough for the aching to cease between everything would slow him down.

This discussion has me thinking now! How often have we seen Moridin away from his cozy little room with the wierd fireplace? Isnt that near Shayol Ghul?

We have seen all the current Forsaken encounter Shaidar except Moridin and Semirhage.

This discussion has me thinking now! How often have we seen Moridin away from his cozy little room with the wierd fireplace? Isnt that near Shayol Ghul?

We have seen all the current Forsaken encounter Shaidar except Moridin and Semirhage.

Moridin and Shaidar Haran are not the same person.  Do not go down this road.

I wasnt thinking theyre the same person but that theyre connected somehow. I would wager they at least have a way of communicating; maybe this is because Shaidar is "a shadowy form" of the Dark One, and Moridin is connected to the Dark One himself as Nae'blis and Chosen. Maybe the plan is for only one of them to be away from Shayol Ghul at any given time, a measure of caution to keep the True Power on the table.

I really hope we get them together at some point. I have said in other threads how great it would be if Moridin and Shaidar turned up to rescue Semirhage. I dont believe for a second that Shaidar is not Shaidar; it makes me wish there were more individual Shadowspawn other than the gholam and Narg, rest his soul.

I wasnt thinking theyre the same person but that theyre connected somehow. I would wager they at least have a way of communicating; maybe this is because Shaidar is "a shadowy form" of the Dark One, and Moridin is connected to the Dark One himself as Nae'blis and Chosen. Maybe the plan is for only one of them to be away from Shayol Ghul at any given time, a measure of caution to keep the True Power on the table.

I really hope we get them together at some point. I have said in other threads how great it would be if Moridin and Shaidar turned up to rescue Semirhage. I dont believe for a second that Shaidar is not Shaidar; it makes me wish there were more individual Shadowspawn other than the gholam and Narg, rest his soul.

@Optimus;

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,36692.0.html

Page 3 to 13 are nice, *I* think... so if you're interested, check it out. It gets a little ugly after those pages.

@Hybrid;

I still remember what you said a year ago. ;P.

Only 60 days or so now. Can't wait!  ;D

@Optimus;

Page 3 to 13 are nice, *I* think... so if you're interested, check it out. It gets a little ugly after those pages.

@Hybrid;

I still remember what you said a year ago. ;P.

Only 60 days or so now. Can't wait!  ;D

You? No!

@Optimus;

I just read a few pages of it. The amount of evidence you pulled from the books was very impressive. You kicked ass in that thread Mik.

Not sure I agree that theyre the same though, while I do see it as a very compelling casting on Moridins relationship to the Dark One I dont think it goes quite as far as the Dark One placing part of himself in Moridin.

I think its a very well written and thought out theory you have there though, and the way you back it up is brilliant. Carry on  ;)

@Optimus

if you're interested, check it out.

I wouldn't bother. No good can come of it.

I just read a few pages of it. The amount of evidence you pulled from the books was very impressive. You kicked ass in that thread Mik.

Not sure I agree that theyre the same though, while I do see it as a very compelling casting on Moridins relationship to the Dark One I dont think it goes quite as far as the Dark One placing part of himself in Moridin.

I think its a very well written and thought out theory you have there though, and the way you back it up is brilliant. Carry on  ;)

No, don't, please don't. Long winded crackpot theories are no less crackpot for it.

Archived