DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Slothman!

Welcome Slothman! You know me so i'll skip that part!

Everyone, this is Sid! Sid, welcome to the band, prepare to be offered drinks, from all three regiments, and have all the band members fight to recruit you to their regiments! Corki will drop by to give you the official Spiel! Good luck!

thanks bud, lol i was a dj and music reporter for my university radio station a few years back, thought this org may be an appropriate one to join :P

i look forward to the drinks :) make mine a cointreau or a grand marnier :D god i love a good triple sec

LOL! well, i suppose we can do those too, but here you're going to get the band's drinks first.

*Passes a Battle Brew, the whole Band's official drink*

*Passes Guinfantry too*

I can only give you these two... you'll have to wait For the Archers, and cavalry members for their drinks...

Hey Slothy, I'm Goldy, Sei'Cair, Cheeky, and many other things. I'm the jokester jester type guy, well, orrrr, more jokey and jesty than others...lol

Yeah, well like Lele here, I'm an archer, and...yeah

*hands Sloth a Flaming Bandy*

Thats my own special concoction.

oh, one more thing, don't be to slothful...lol.

Get used to the Brew!!! It's all the Band really drinks! We love Brew more than anything else!

And now time for what is my favourite post!

*official spiel*

Welcome Slothman! An email explaining important information about the Band is currently sitting in your inbox! Take a read!

Basically, the Band of the Red Hand is the Travel and Music ORG at DM! By signing up for the Band, you have joined the successful Raw Recruit Scheme. By signing up for the off board site, you will be able to experience the whole process to the maximum! The new Executive Officer, F Horn of Valere, or I, will assign you to one of the three Regiments (Archers, Cavalry, Infantry) for a week, where you will be given various tasks to perform, hoping that you will get a picture of what time in each Regiment is like. After a week with each Regiment, you will be asked to pick your final choice of a Regiment.

While being a Raw Recruit, there is nothing stopping you from earning points like any other Band member. Points lead to promotion within the Band. Below is a list of possible ways to earn points:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newsletter, The Hornsounder

- monthly roll call in the Band's private boards at DM

- any DM project we may have (currently a Battle Project, so speak to Horn if interested)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

If you complete your time as a Raw Recruit within 3 to 4 weeks, you will get a special award (called the Raw Recruit Stripe) which you can add to your siggy as well!

While being a Raw Recruit, you get 4 free strikes. This enables you to break Band Law 4 times without being punished my the Redarms, the Band's own police force. If they see any Law breaking, they will either drag you up for a trial or give you a fun spot fine to do (usually 100 lines of something witty). Channeling is a major no-no in the Band. As is spilling Battle Brew, our beloved drink! Once you have used up your 4 strikes, or join the Band's ranks officially, you will face the full force of Band law like any other Bander does!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently! Expect one soon! We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

We also have many games - at DM, which can be found in the stickies, and on the off board site as well! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your division, and can fight anyone in the Band! It is currently being revised, but the ideas will all be the same!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands Slothman a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

Haha yup...

So anyways... Slothman, it looks like you are already well acquainted with one of our infantrymen, I look forward to seeing you as a raw recruit and then forcing you to join us...against your will if need be! :P :lol:

Guest Cadsuane

Only four! And there were four Archers first! 8)

Sid! Welcome! Have another few flaming shots to sterlize yourself after that Infant brew... eeeeeew..

:lol:

Archived