DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

White Tower Mafia *Starting*

Guest dragonsworn1991

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah ... our dear Eskom decided to have a powerfailure today as I was posting, and I only now saw that my post hadn't gone through  >:(

anyway ...

*Gets a bit tired of the deathly quiet in the Great Hall, and decides to stop playing silly buggers with the sound system Ter'Angreal. Giggles a bit when Verbal's words suddenly ring out at screechingly high volume. Giggles are quickly replaced with a worried frown, though. The fear in the Tower was almost palpable, and she was unsure how to go about fixing the problems they faced.*

I wander the tower to show that I have no fear or mistrust in those I have come to love. I know that the tower is in an uproar around me, but I can't bring myself to believe that this is not a safe place for a sister to walk. I glide along remembering happier times when you would see people smiling and consulting one another. How could this place of peace and love change so much. How could we all have allowed this tragedy happen. Things must be put to rights and the tower must be whole again. I can't believe that my faith in the tower that I have held for so long can be shattered so quickly.

Thank you DS for the second PM.

*thinks to herself that it will be a tough time ahead, and that she will have to use all the wits and skill available to her*

I can't believe we're having to do this; it shouldn't be this way.

But I know I will not shirk, will not falter, and I will see that my Ajah survives and emerges from this triumphant!

----------

I'm a bit concerned about lynches, too.  I mean, even just getting 13 people to agree on one single player to lynch will be tough.  Luckily, that will be the most we ever need for a lynch, but this is going to be a hard first day. :-\

Where do we even start?  How do you pick one person out of 23 others?  I think that while the RP is good for the points, and such, we also need to make sure that we're doing more than just that.  We need to talk to each other, because that's the only way we're going to be able to pick someone, short of drawing straws. :P

Some of us have done this, have started discussing, but not everyone has.

• Club Leader

I agree, Meesh. The way I see this, and I could be wrong, we have to wait for all 24 people to respond to their PMs and get talking amongst their Ajahs. It's only been one (real time) day. Not everyone knows the game has started. Nobody should venture a suggestion on who to lynch until they know who is on their team, and I suspect not everyone knows that, yet.

I'm hoping that our conversations will start generating some points, though. We could all use some of those neat toys! *grinz*

How do we pick someone? That's a really good question. We could start talking about how we would pick someone, I guess. Anyone have anything on that?

You have a good point, Lily.  I'm probably just impatient.... (no, REALLY? :P)

And, we might have to cling to regular mafia for the lynching.... Since there's no real true mafia, we can't say, "Oh, that person is acting really suspicious" and be RIGHT, but that may be what we have to do as a last resort to lynch someone.

If we're lucky, we may be able to pick someone who isn't very active at all, or doesn't show up in a reasonable amount of time.

Other than that, I've got nothing. :-\

• Club Leader

I didn't get in line to get any patience. I ended up in the compassion line twice by mistake.  ;) So, I hear ya on the one, Meesh.

If we go with someone less active, that takes you and me off the list. I like it! Of course, that's not really fair to those who have jobs and lives and stuff. *sigh*

If I had to vote right now, I'd pick someone I don't know at all, I guess. Does that help?

Lily, I really like that line. :D  That's amazing!

But, what you said about voting for someone you don't know, makes sense.  I'd like to avoid that kind of stuff on the grounds of the game possibly affecting relations outside of the game, but if we keep it from getting political, it shouldn't matter.

If that wasn't very clear, I'll try saying it a bit differently just to be sure: I'm just afraid that one person will vote for Player X because they're not particularly fond of Player X, and then others will start jumping on Player X too.  Player X could now feasibly be offended, if it was obvious that the people didn't like Player X, or if Player X is sensitive.

I don't see that actually happening, but I'm wary of it, and I'd like to find alternative routes to a lynch until we're used to the game a bit more, and until we have more to go on.

Does that make sense?

I'm glad that made sense, and I'm glad I'm not the only one keeping that in mind! :)

Well, luckily we don't have to figure it out JUST yet....

I'm sure some people who haven't checked in are going to be awfully surprised at how many posts they have to read. :)

*kicks at her skirts impatiently, waiting for the rest of the sisters to arrive*

I'm fairly sure experience won't help, myself.  Unless that experience includes games this radically different.

Because this game IS different.  Very much so.

They might be able to formulate an educated guess on how we should go about lynching someone, but I can't see the experienced players being much help unless they're actually in your Ajah.

I think that this game will prove the difference between EXPERIENCED players and GOOD players, myself.  The difference between good and great. ;D

I don't have much to add in the form of guilty ones or whatever, since we don't even know what we're supposed to be looking for yet. But I would advise to not jump to conclusions because people are not able to post every 3 minutes of the day. Some do have jobs, school and other commitments that they can't just put on hold for the duration of this game, so please keep that in mind while contemplating lynches.

Well, just to clarify, Myst and Lud, I never suggested actually going and lynching an inactive player at this point.  Lily certainly didn't either.  I simply brought it up as a possible option, if enough time has passed and there is someone who is having trouble keeping up with the thread.

It was kind of an idea for the last resort. :)

But you are right about there being limited other options.

This really is the biggest question we're facing:

How do we pick who we want to lynch, and get a majority vote?

I'm really interested in hearing everyone's opinions and ideas on this subject.

We need SOMETHING....

Archived