DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wandering around... (OTA, Linten esp.)

(OOC: Hey Linten, if you wish you could inquire about Seyneru's background..)

Seyneru trod out of the house he lived in, his boots scraping on the snow.  This was one of the rare free days that he had ever since he had moved into the Black Tower.  Life was busy, what with the amount of Saidin training that he was going through.  The life of a Soldier revolved pretty much around learning how to use and control Saidin, and the struggle to do so was very tiring at times.  It was thus that whatever free time a Soldier got was earned and treasured.

Seyneru thus meandered around aimlessly, nodding to fellow Soldiers whom he recognized, his black coat swirling around in the snow, causing some minor air currents.  He felt not the cold, as he had learnt how to mentally distance himself from the elements, and the heat or the chill.  However, because this thing was new, he had some severe lapses in concentration, causing the chill to rush in at odd moments.

With a smile to himself, Seyneru wandered around near the edges of the wall, where construction was ongoing.  Wandering out of the perimeter, he ventured near the edges of the forest.  It had been long since he had been growing his own vegetables and his own meal.  He had been here for a month or so already, yet he felt a pang of heartache for his family that had died, and his sister and cousins that were now training to be Aes Sedai in the White Tower.  His grandmother had left, unable to cope with the rising tensions in the Black Tower, and the prejudice against woman who could channel, even though they did not know about her abilities.

Seyneru leaned against a nearby tree, sighing mournfully, looking towards the north, where his sister and cousins were.  He had not seen them in a long time.  Hopefully he would soon.

Seyneru Yoshan

Crafter of the Five

White mist puffed in rhythm to the movement of his chest as Linten slowly made his way along the trail obliterated by the snow. It was from memory that he made the passage. How many times had the trip along this path ended in a mix of exhilaration and frustration? His

pet. His pet had been an awakening in to just how strong a mind could be and yet how very fragile. A small shadow of a smile creased his face at the thoughts that flooded back in. His time had been cut short. Brent sending him, no banishing him off in that useless corner

of the world. Sure there might have been opportunities if those shadows Brent had included were not so intent on their workings. But that was all in the past as was Brent.

He paused for a moment, eyes staring off into the distance without seeing. Brent was in the past as well now. That was a large and complicated mess; one that Linten was not sure where to begin. Even though he did not exactly have any control over Brent he did at least

have a strong working knowledge of the man. Knew his likes, his dislikes, how he thought and the patterns he usually followed in his deduction. So much work and energy; so much time invested and for what? For that fool Covia to destroy it all in a single blow? How the

Wheel could create such a knotted ball of yarn for him was infuriating. Now he had a whole knew regime to try to understand. It meant once more going back into the shadows to watch, learn, understand, and begin again. Who was loyal to whom? How did that visit

to the man himself change things? There had been oaths apparently, oaths he had missed out on, opportunities to observe and glean further info lost. What of the group that was missing? Some say they had gone to the White tower; what purpose were they about?

Questions; Linten had been beleaguered with questions since his return. Before then even. He had received the call to return to the Farm as a welcome reprieve from the near isolation Brent had punished him to. But now everything he had worked for was on its ear. He was

once more back at square one with no map, in the dark and only a thin winding path to find amongst the many faceted edges of death that lay around him. In the thought filled silence Linten heard the crunch on snow trodden under foot ahead and swung his gaze toward the sound,

Saidin roaring in the distance just out of sight. Forced focus kept him from instinctively grasping it out right and beginning the weaves he felt comfortable in the use. She was not here; there was no need to over react. His eyes instinctively scanned around him anyway. Drawing in a calming breath Linten straightened his black coat and continued in the direction of the other footsteps.

It was not long before he encountered the barren collar of a trainee leaning back on a tree. The man seemed to be lost in contemplation with his eyes toward the north. The sigh framing his posture in a picture of sorrow and weight, not uncommon among those dedicating them

selves to the Black Tower. Linten studied the man for a period of time, questions and possibilities swirling in a kaleidoscope of patterns and options. His old circles had been broken, few remaining or willing to admit to the existence of the purposes he had organized

them to before. “Tis a long and hollow release for someone so early to the Towers ties.” Pulling the corners of his mouth up, Linten let a relaxed and easy smile light his face making him look approachable and friendly. Better to tempt with honey then with vinegar.

Stepping up toward the man Linten’s eyes glanced eastwardly toward where he assumed his pet must be and then back to the north in the direction the other fellow had been looking. “It is a troubling transition for most. Some accept it and show no outward appearance but

let it eat at them internally. Twisting their purpose and darkening their thoughts. Others accept it with open arms and find friendship with others that hold a similar background. Through that somewhat common backing they find the strength and commonality to cope and

strive in this new life. Still others look back and realize there was nothing back there and grasp hold of the new life and purpose the Dragon’s edict has granted them. For each that comes, no two are the same. Thus no two react the same.” Absentmindedly rubbing at his chin

he cut a quick glance to the fellow. “Mine was confusion until a giant of a man, one of them boarderlanders, decided to use my head as a practice dummy for his sword skills.” He chuckled briefly, “needless to say I got a wake up, but we also became good friends and through

that I learned a lot about myself and my purpose.” A shame that in the end a friendship that had been so close became such a chasm and brought a need for death from both. Linten stifled the thought quickly before it could show on his face or inflect in his voice.

“But I forget myself. I am Linten,” he extended a hand to the fellow. “I have seen much in this place and beyond. But more importantly, I hate to see people lost or depressed,” a vivid picture of his pet returned to his mind and though he relished the sweetness of it’s return he let it fall from focus. “Tell me friend, from where is it you have found yourself now here and how could life’s weight be so much as to have you sagged against a tree?”

Linten

"My name is Seyneru."  Seyneru said quietly.  He turned around and faced Linten Asha'man.  Surveying Linten, he noted the sword and the pin on his collar before bowing.  "I was born in Andor, but I have Saldaean blood in my veins, from my grandmother."  He smiled, wistfully remembering the days of his youth in Caemlyn, where he had lived for half of his life.  "My sister and cousins are now in the Tower, full Aes Sedai, and I have not seen them for nearly two decades now."

"Despite the fact that they are Aes Sedai, and would probably still me on sight, they are still my relatives, and I am sure that they would still think of me as of their blood."  Seyneru looked at Linten directly in the face.  "I would welcome them into the Black Tower still.  My grandmother was a channeler as well, and she voluntarily brought me here.  In fact, she suggested it, so that I could better prepare myself for the coming storm.  She is gone now, wandering the lands, with no roots to bind her."

Studying Linten's face, he asked,  "Linten Asha'man, what are your feelings about Aes Sedai, and about the fact that someone you know has Aes Sedai for relatives and a channeler for a grandmother?  I understand if you do not want to talk about it."

The snow swirled about them, and clouds gathered towards the west as another of those flash freeze blizzards was building up in the clouds.  And it was moving their way.  "Perhaps we should move back to the Farm." he suggested.

Seyneru Yoshan

Crafter of the Five

It took work, oh how it took work, but Linten was able to keep that easy natured composure he had dawned for this new comer intact. He was new to the Farm, very new if he was bold enough to ask those questions out right. At one time Linten had a small well organize group he held influence over in the Black Tower. Large enough that he had gotten a little too cocky it seemed. No one could truly prove any of the allegations that had floated around with his name attached, once those witches had been added to the Black Towers residency. Well there was a couple, but Isha was dead and the light only knew where they had tucked Rion and Jocelyn. They had kept their mouth shut back then, thus anything the rest might have thought on was left as pure speculation. Even the old disposed of M’Hael didn’t have enough to truly do anything more then send Linten to that exile how ever he had worded it. Then again, he had succeeded in leaving Linten out of touch and now, with out the backing of his small internal army he was once more at the mercy of those that controlled the Black Tower. For now …. For now.

Linten motioned for Seyneru to begin the journey back toward the yards. Even with the weather as cold as it had been getting around here, Linten was still more at home in this forest then in the yard. The forest offered him the warmth and pleasure of his memories; both his pet and his bond, even a few others.  His smile twitched a slight higher at the memories that flooded back in, so many he had visited with, yet so many others had been here that he had not. It was a frustration that was out of his control and only the Wheel’s weaving would prove if that wrong would be corrected and the screening of the witches once more placed in his hands. “You pose an interesting question Seyneru, one that is very hard to answer for any without the closeness of family blood to help guide them.”

The snow swirled across the path in front of them as the wind began to climb, ice crystals already beginning to form in the air around them as the bone biting cold tried to freeze the very moisture in the air. Even without the trick of not letting the cold touch him Linten was sure he would not have been cold. Not with the sudden knowledge of another that had ties to the White Tower and some of its occupants; and then there was the wandering grandmother. A female channeler wandering alone. “Many of the men that have come here have done so to escape persecution from the one’s that wear the Red shawl. Those have very strong feelings, even when they agree that the need for the Aes Sedai in the final battle is unquestionable. The Dragon has said it and we his men must accept his word. Even those who might otherwise chaff at the bit.” His voice had remained calm and conversational and he was proud of the control.

Stepping around one of the buildings in the yard afforded the two men with a reprieve from the growing wind and a chance for Linten to lower his voice back to a normal volume after having to raise it to talk over the wind. “Then there is those that welcome them with open arms and open hearts regardless of the color that fringes their shawls. What really matters is the Dragon has made his proclamation about the Aes Sedai and we all obey it. Those that don’t will be dealt with according to his desires. But for the most part men tend to keep their ties if they have them a little closer to their hearts and a little further from their lips until they know to whom they are speaking. There are circles and shadows at work even here as there is in all the world. We are no safer then the rest as the Dragon’s chosen men. You would be wise to remember that. But anytime you wish to talk know that I am always available to you. I will not hold what you have to say in prejudice over you, rest assured in that thought. So,” He took a moment to pause in the cover the building was offering them. “You are of mixed blood? There are many of us here not to worry. What counts is that you are able to learn and that you apply yourself. Your sisters, do you know what color they have chosen? Interesting that one building could hold so many differences is it not? Each color a different focus, desire, and strength of purpose yet all the same. Fascinating really, and your grandmother, wandering? I thought the Aes Sedai did not allow wilders to just wander the world. Just like the men, well I suppose not just like the men. They don’t insist on gentling them like they do the men. But I’m sure you understand that yes?”

Linten

Seyneru noted that Linten's face neither changed, and admired the control in his voice as he spoke about woman who channeled.  Aes Sedai especially.  In Linten's place, Seyneru would not have been so sure that he would have been able to keep any emotion from his voice in the first place.  But Linten seemed all right to talk to, and Seyneru trusted Linten to not tell anyone without Seyneru's approval.

"Hmm.  The Ajahs my sister and cousins chose?  I suppose that it would be quite easy to tell.  They have very distinct personalities.  My cousin Wilemi is studious, intelligent and she loves to read.  She wouldn't mind coming over to study how a man channels Saidin.  She specializes in research on the One Power, so I heard last, a few months back, just before I came here.  However, I am not so sure as to her Ajah, but I think that she has been hinting so far that she is either Brown, White or Green."

"So far, as I recall, my other cousin Nenen was definately a fighter.  She wrote to me and said that she had chosen the Green Ajah.  Nesyer however, is another matter.  She is like me, tall, pale and dark at the same time.  She even mirrors me in other ways.  Compassionate and determined, she is excellent at using the One Power to heal.  She is a Yellow Sister, and is proud to be one."

He listened further and answered questions when and where he could.

"As for my grandmother, I am not really sure about that, but it appears, and she has hinted that as long as she keeps a low profile, and that she does not claim the appearance of an Aes Sedai, the White Tower will leave her alone as long as she does not meddle in Tower affairs.  Some of the sisters in the White Tower would be verging on obstinate in that their views are always correct, however, and it my grandmother has been sighing over that folly for over a hundred years now."

"Tower history however,"  Seyneru frowned.  "It appears that the Seven Ajahs were created because the White Tower was formed by seven main groups dedicated to helping the world and the coalition of Aes Sedai power.  And although Sisters can channel,"  Seyneru went on, his voice growing passionate.  "They are like us, except that we have this different talent that sets us apart.  We are all different, we have different abilities.  It is just that the White Tower emphasizes this because of the different Ajahs."

Seyneru Yoshan

Crafter of the Five

Compassionate

• 3 weeks later...

Linten nodded in response to Seyneru's answers, his hand lightly rubbing his chin in thought. So many possibilities swirled in his head. A different time or different place he might have been bolder, more focused to a goal. But in light of the present circumstances surrounding the Black Tower and his own circle of knowledge Linten found caution a more amiable companion. At least it would offer the least likelihood of a negative meeting with the new controlling entity and the traitors tree. This new comer offered a lot of possibilities .... most would have to wait for future events, but they were interesting tidbits none the less and he filed them away for contemplation further.

His eyes cut once more to his companion. “A diverse field of choices they have separated into. I would be interested in meeting this cousin of yours. Trading information on the One Power and it's intricacies is a fascination of mine. I do hope she has chosen Brown. From what I understand they would be the one's with the most knowledge in that field.” Glancing back out Linten noted how the yard seemed to disappear into the flailing curtain of blowing snow. A good cover against the prying eyes of the newly formed coalition. “Once you have reached a set level and become able to properly protect yourself. Perhaps you can convince your mentor to let you travel, if you knew where your grandmother was, you could visit her. If need be I could work the gateway for you. Even offer to be your traveling companion if it is required by those in power. I always like to see families reunited when it is possible. But that would all rely on your skills and your ability to find her.” He left the thought hang there for  spell as he looked back around the corner.

“Well,” his voice rose once more as he directed it back over his shoulder, “the weather does not look like it is going to get any better. We can continue our conversation out here or indoors. There are the barracks or the Inn as far as indoors go.” He left off an offer to his own quarters. That would certainly rouse too much suspicion as would being found out here with the man if the weather did not let up. It was unfortunate really. The present weather offered him a perfect opportunity to talk without much in the way of prying eyes or straining ears. Yet, a lot could still be accomplished under the nose of those that might take a keen interest in his dealings. The smile was a shadow crossing his face before it was gone and control sat easily back in it's place. Yes, much could still be accomplished. Turning back to face the man Linten added one more question while he awaited the man's answer to where they should converse. “You must tell me of your mentor and how your training is coming?”

(OOC:  What IS Linten's goal?)

Even now the cold was mounting, and Seyneru knew better than to chance the risk of frostbite, even with the special mental trick that they had been taught.  Weaving a barrier of Air around both him and Linten, he focused his mind and sent forth his power, only a part of it.  However, it was enough to keep away the snow, lessening the chill somewhat, though it did not lessen the cold.  "I suppose we could always continue our discussion here."  he said, considering the sky.  "I love being out and about in the open."

"As for visiting my grandmother, it would be nicer if she could come here to stay, if Covai and the Storm Leaders would agree to it."  he said, tentatively.  "But I won't push for it."

"So far, I have not had a specific mentor to help me train my strength and my power."  he said, in response to Linten's last question.  "I have been trained by a spontaneous amount of random dedicated and asha'man who I never see again except in passing.  However, despite this, my strength seems to be increasing.  What I have learnt, I have attained through dribbles of information and careful experimentation."

"The Power, I have never felt anything much like it."  Seyneru said, a note of wonder and amazement in his voice.  "The sense of life and joy embedded in it, yet there is that taint, a layer of oil and muck on top of it, make me want to vomit.  If only there was SOME way to remove it completely, that would solve the problem, of us going mad, and of Aes Sedai trying to gentle us, though I doubt they could try with so many of us here."

Seyneru Yoshan

Crafter of the Five

(OOC: That you may find out in time. He likes to collect things ;) )

The light enveloped the man as he embraced and channeled the air shield around them both to reduce the ferocity of the weathers bite. Linten read the weaves as the man wove them and eased the clench his one hand had become. Seyneru could not have seen the hand blocked by his body with its knuckles white from the tension. It was the one external hint to show how tense Linten had become for that few moments. From the moment the man had embraced Saidin, Linten had began the mental exercise of a few nasty but effective weaves. It was fortunate Linten was a little more relaxed here in the yard then he had been while away. If not the man would have found himself shielded and a whisper of death hovering over awaiting Linten’s permission to touch.

It was nothing that could have been laid at Seyneru’s feet as a reasonable cause. The man was only following the dictates of the yard and his training. Here Saidin was embraced as the emotion struck. It was nothing and certainly not meant as a threatening move. Then again with the recent change in who held control here and how that had been executed he really couldn’t be blamed. Working his fingers to ease the tension from his hand still kept out of sight of Seyneru’s view Linten glanced once more around and then turned back to the man. Another tidbit the man’s reaction had provided along with the conversation was that Seyneru had definitely not heard any of the rumors about Linten good or bad. Perhaps his little group had been more effective in squashing those then he thought. But it was most likely just timing. Leaving the thought and the dance to explain those things for later he brought a warm smile to his face, “well, at least I know you have some ability in your weavings. That is a good start. When I was new to the Farm I was fortunate to have the same mentor right to my raising as Asha’man.” Though he doubted Isha would have voiced it quite the same. But dead men offer no information to the living beyond speculation.

“The power is a wonderful thing once you get around the taint; well try to learn to accept it I guess would be a more correct term. However as much as I would love to believe your version of the world with a clean and pure Saidin, I do not see the Red any time soon stopping the hunt of men. We can hope, but only when I see it will I believe. Who knows, perhaps that cousin of yours that may have chosen the Brown. Perhaps in her studies she will find a way to bring pureness to Saidin once more.” He slapped Seyneru on the shoulder with a big grin. How long would he have before the questions started. For now the leadership was occupied with … another annoyance. A group had left with no information on where they were going. Anything Linten could not put a reason to, created a cautious worry. Too many plans and idea’s had been swept away and destroyed in the Wheels latest weavings, how many more would be added? How long did he have before someone from that group decided to delve deeper into those rumors?

The thoughts and concerns never touched Linten’s face; he offered no indication of the conflict within. He had blood on his hands for more then one reason, whether the rest understood the Dragon’s requirements was no concern of his.  “Training with different mentors could be a blessing in a way. You get the benefit of many different views and tactics. Glean all that you can in these sessions. The Great Battle is coming and all of us will be needed with our offerings if the light is to continue. But, if you are ever short of mentors to train you, come and chat with me. I would be happy to help a fellow Black coat. Not all training need be with the One Power or the arm.” He favored the man with a brief knowing wink. “But you will begin to learn that when you are ready. My advice for what it is worth,” he shrugged and then offered a small chuckle. “As for Grandmother, if anyone in power might allow it to be it would be Covai. Regardless of whether he vocalizes it to the contrary or not. That is the man that holds the strings; the others should not be underestimated, but they all defer to him. It is a subject you can broach when you feel confident. But I would not rush. Words spoken in an ear can not be retrieved once said. Remember my offer; any time you want to leave to visit I will help you. I would extend that to your sisters and cousin as well. But even I will not travel to the White Tower.” Not yet, no, certainly not yet. Patience is everything and the time for haste has not arrived. In time my pet, in time. You know I am out here, you will always know. The thought warmed him in the cold bitter air but he kept that heat inside. A game played on the sleeve and not in the hidden recesses of one’s mind would only spoiled as others pieced the puzzle together. “How about your bunk mates? …. Have you gotten to know them very well?”

(OOC:  He might be able to do that to me for a time ... until Seyneru realizes what his motives are.)

The power that Seyneru held in him infused his senses.  He brimmed with it, almost overflowing with it.  But he could also see and hear things more clearly.  It might be just a trick of the shifting lights that the snow caused as it streamed down around them from the shield that he had created, but it seemed that Linten tensed when he had embraced Saidin and woven the weave.  Had the man thought that Seyneru, a mere soldier, was going to attack Linten?  Seyneru blinked once, and that was it, and dismissed it into the recesses of his brain.

He listened to Linten with one ear, whilst he moved and adjusted himself such that he was leaning against a tree as the power flowed out from him.  Holding the weave was a slight strain.  He had been here for nearly two months, and now he was quite adept at weaving the power he held in his hand.  He was gaining strength fast.  Even now, he felt a slight difference between the amount of power he could have held last week and what he was currently holding.

Then Linten's last line caught his ear  “How about your bunk mates? …. Have you gotten to know them very well?”

Seyneru considered this last bit.  "Well, they are all right, I suppose.  There was one irritating jerk however, who was a lord and assumed that he could lord it over us all by giving us orders.  I shielded him and held it for a few minutes while he futily tried to break it, until I released him."  He snorted as he recalled that time and place.  "He pretty much left me alone after that."

"Oh, and by the way,"  Seyneru asked, recalling a particular offer that Linten had made earlier on.  "Could you help train me one of these days?"

Seyneru Yoshan

Crafter of the Five

Linten studied Seyneru for a moment as he talked about shielding; Saidin still filling him with the light of the One Power. It seemed even a bay shark had teeth. Best to remember that, least one was eager to be bit. Instead of answering first off Linten mentally reached out and seized Saidin. The rush of ice and fire flooded into him, the taint leeching into his bones like and acidic oil. He denied it full entry; held it instead to a restricted level. There was no need to draw his full ability for the small weave he was planing. It was useless now to try and keep their little meeting here unobserved. If the thickened air was not enough to catch the eye. Every man in the area would be able to sense Seyneru holding the power to maintain his weave. If secrecy was not to be held then comfort might as well be the reward for the payment.

Weaving thread thin flows of fire, air, and water. Linten warmed the area inside the shield Seyneru held. Warmed it to just below the melting point of the snow they stood on and then tied off the weave before releasing Saidin. It would be less then comfortable to melt the snow into muck and then have it freeze to his feet when the time came to leave. “Shielding,” Linten glance at the man and then leaned back against the wall of the building. “Not a very complex weave, but more then I would have thought taught at your level. It seems the yard is progressing faster then when I left. Interesting.” Linten looked thoughtfully out into the swirling curtain of snow as if he could see the training grounds clearly and the lessons he had taken there. Why did Isha have to end up on the wrong side? They had been almost like father and son before ..... He let the thought shrivel and die incomplete. The past was not to be dwelled upon.

“As for your request,” he turned to look at Seyneru. “As I have offered so I meant. If I can help you with your training I will. Is there a particular piece of your training that you are working on? Or do you have a thought on some other element of Saidin that you would like my assistance in? It has been a while since I have mentored a student. Polished lessons I may not be able to offer. But I will train you in what you seek if it can be learned.”

(OOC: Seyneru is around 25 years old at this time.  How old is Linten?)

"Well,"  Seyneru tilted his head, considering what Linten had just said.  "I seem to have some strong affinity in Earth and Fire.  I would be nice to have some training in those areas.  Most of the time, I have been stuck with dedicated who know nothing about my channeling abilities, and this has impeded me in the learning of the One Power.  Usually, they set me to do things that I already know and now can do with some ease."

His voice turned slightly bitter as he remembered.  "Pick up the stone with Air, Seyneru.  Put the stone there, Seyneru.  Now weave Earth and Fire just so, Seyneru."  He mocked the dedicated bitterly.  "I,"  he said, resuming his normal tone, "know just how to do that.  I was tempted to drop the stone on his head, but I didn't.  The Light knows what I would have done if I could do much more."  Seyneru sighed, which seemed uncharacteristic for such a grown man.

Looking at Linten, Seyneru thought for a moment.  "Is it by any chance, possible to manipulate metal?  I discovered a weave by chance.  Using Earth and Fire just so, I have been able to attract metal towards me.  Of course, I didn't use all my strength because I wasn't too sure what would happen.  Do you know of such a phenomenon?"

Seyneru Yoshan

Crafter of the Five

Linten could not help but chuckle at the cynical remark from the other man. He remembered some of the lessons he had watched others at. They had seemed so simple and menial, but looking back from his position now. Nothing was menial when it involved practicing with the One Power. Isha had always kept him at a challenged level; other then the abandonment. But it was the simple menial tasks that he learned the greatest degree of control from. He used it often back then to complete those small tasks and that had improved his dexterity with Saidin. It also reinforced those simple basic weaves to the fibers of his mind. It had been through some of them that he had survived certain altercations. Some times it was not some grand battle plan that won the fight; some times it was simple doing something your foe did not expect to give you the time you needed to end the situation.

But lectures where for teachers and he was not one of Linten’s pupils. The man had potential, but he still did not have a solid feeling of where the man’s true allegiance would lie. The prospect of new weaves and idea’s were of a great interest. “Attract metal? Interesting, normally I try to avoid attracting metal to me if you know what I mean,” he offered Seyneru a knowing smile. But it could have its benefits in the right situations. More over, if one could reverse it, push or ward off metal that would be a huge benefit in many situations. “Come, please, you must show me this little weave of yours.” Reaching down, Linten pulled free a dagger from his boot and tossed it a few feet from them into the accumulating snow.

I can not say I have an affinity with Earth and Fire, but I can hold my own and where my affinity does stand I can make a great deal of difference in my weaving of Earth and Fire. Mentally he added Seyneru to the list of people to check on in the dream. It was surprising what a person could begin to comprehend about another when you looked into their dreams. People were more apt to be who they really are inside their dreams. Precautionary nature thrust and invisible hand into the rushing river of Saidin and seized it firmly as he motioned to Seyneru to begin.

“Attract metal? Interesting, normally I try to avoid attracting metal to me if you know what I mean,” he offered Seyneru a knowing smile. But it could have its benefits in the right situations. More over, if one could reverse it, push or ward off metal that would be a huge benefit in many situations. “Come, please, you must show me this little weave of yours.”

Seyneru felt Linten seize hold of Saidin as the feeling of power welled up in the place, and when Linten took out his dagger, Seyneru closed his eyes, and dredged up the weave from his long term memory.  He remembered that day when he experimented.  What was that weave?  Oh yes, it was rather complicated.  He had been lucky.  A misstep might have caused a phenomeno explosion that could have killed him and destroyed the building.

Gathering all the power he could muster, he opened his eyes and tied off the shield weave and looked around.  The dagger was now several feet away.  Weaving the weave just so, Earth in several strands together, then flows of Earth and Fire together up and towards the sky, instead of towards him, like previously.  Taking up a small part of his power, he mentally tugged the strands of power over towards the dagger.

The dagger shifted.  His confidence increasing, he raised his arms and put forth more of his power.  The dagger trembled, then lifted slowly into the air, as a soft humming sound became apparent over the noise of the swirling snow and high pitched winds.  It was not unlike that of the sound of a door opening, vibrating on its hinges.  The difference was that the sound was continuous, pulsating and beating.

Seyneru smiled to himself.  He had done something that apparently had never been done before.

Seyneru Yoshan

Crafter of the Five

• 2 months later...

It was a natural reaction when one was unsure of the company he was in. Or that was what Linten told himself each time the cautious action took place. As Seyneru filled himself with Saidin and wove a shield around them, Linten’s own reaction was to partially weave a shield to slam between the source and the man. It was not that he believed him a threat. But Linten was finding it hard to trust anyone he had not already known and had spent enough time with since his return to ensure where he stood. Too much had changed and the sudden attack and dispatch of Brent cut to close to home. Who was to say that the next time a member of the council showed up it wasn’t to kill Linten. He still had not found a way to safely approach and make a tie to the council. Too many eyes seemed to watch him with wary which he would have approved of not that long ago if it didn’t have that impression of calculation to it.

Relaxing slightly Linten watched the dagger tremble and lift into the air, the weave was fascinating. It made no logical sense why that combination would affect metal in the way he claimed but it was there before him. Pondering the results while Seyneru beamed at his accomplishment Linten came to another conclusion. There was a few benefits to this weave the man was working, but would it have the dexterity he needed. Some of the weaves they used would be very beneficial if only they could find the finite increments needed for the purposes he dreamed up. “Tell me Seyneru, can it work on the small as well as the large? What about reversing it, can you weave it to repel a metal object in motion?” Without waiting on an answer Linten reached into his pocket and pulled out a collection of small metal jacks. It was a child’s game he enjoyed from time to time to help center focus. Tossing the jacks into the snow in a wide circle Linten turned back to Seyneru and collected his dagger with traditional flows of air. “Now, see if you can collect each of the jacks in one motion. Draw them up toward you and then push them away with force.” Linten quickly wove an addition shield of thickened air strengthened with a heavy wrap of spirit. He was taking no chances with this little experiment. But if it worked? The possibilities were wondrous. Linten watched intently to try and record the weave to mind.

• 7 months later...

(OOC: Sorry for the long wait and the sucky post.  I had Asha'man syndrome :()

Seyneru frowned as he saw Linten spread out the jacks in the snow around them.  "Well, I'm not entirely sure about that, Linten Asha'man.  I am a bit tentative when it comes to experimenting with weaves of the One Power.  What I am doing now might have some additional side effects that none of us would know yet, until perhaps it was too late.  But I could try."  he finished off, looking at the jacks jubiously.  Saidin churned in him, a storm waiting to boil over and consume everything in its path, a roaring river, trying to sweep his mind away, an avalanche trying to bury him, and an inferno that tried to burn all that he ever was out of existance.

Strengthening his grip on Saidin, he wove the same strand of Earth and Fire again, this time hovering on top of a part of the circle.  The jacks vibrated and jumped upwards, clinging to the insubstantial weave, bobbing up and down where they were.  Seyneru then looked at the circle, and swept his arms around in a circle, turning his body as he did so, moving smoothly around Linten, whilst leaving tracks in the snow.  The weave followed his movement around the circle and swept up the jacks easily.

He then started to swing the ends of the weave around and around, spinning it faster and faster.  The jacks whistled through the air over their shields as they swept overhead again and again.  Finally, when Seyneru judged when they had gained enough momentum and speed, he simply let the weave dissappate, and the jacks, with no force to keep them in place in the circle, literally flew out of the clearing and into the forest.

Seyneru smiled, a little shamefaced.  "Sorry, Asha'man, that's how I would do it, but I think you might need to replace the jacks later, if I can't find them."