DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Alliances -- (2009 Empy Award Winner, Best RP Thread)

Muirenn

Raslyn's eyes almost bulged before she caught herself and regained her composure. Oh Light! Zarinen really did mean to allow the Reds to bond the Asha'man and now allow them to be bonded. And if that weren't enough to make any decent person sick up, it would seem that Mother had agreed! Right then Raslyn would have dearly loved the floor to open up and swallow her. She just knew that she would get a lot of complaints from the Reds for this and although Zarinen was Head of the Ajah, it seemed that she, Raslyn, was the one that would have to dictate the terms - unfortunately these things had a way of getting out.

Suppressing a sigh and a very real urge to sick up, Raslyn spoke calmly. She'd be damned if she let those youngsters dictate events!

"Very well. We will allow those who wish to be bonded to your Asha'man. But!..." she held up a warning finger "ONLY those that accept will be bonded. We will not tolerate forced bonds. Understood?"

Raslyn

Keeper of the Chronicles

Wishing she were anywhere else but here....

Covai nodded. "Thats fine with us. And the same applies for Asha'man. As we've said, this is to be fair both ways." Covai wondered if the word fair was accurate, given the situation. Light, considering the tone the conversation a few minutes ago, he figured there had to have been a Ta'veren nearby or the creator stepping in to get things back on track this quickly.

Covai's eyes darted between the women in the room. He knew these had to be some of the more powerful women in the tower. He didn't know, and to be honest he didn't care whether they had been called to protect the Amrylin from them, or were there because she trusted them before others. He had spotted a few looks between them while Arath had been talking, and it seemed there were one or two who were a step above the others. "Looks like not all Aes Sedai are created equal..." Covai eyes lingered for a moment one of the more well endowed Aes Sedai. What in the light was the woman doing wearing a Domani outfit?

Bringing his mind back to the matter at hand, Covai and Arath shared a look. They both knew they were almost finished with what Jarron had sent them to do, but there was still something else the council had talked about after they had left for Tar Valon. Covai guessed he had opened his big mouth enough so far, so he might as well keep at it.

"There is one more thing. Not a demand, but a condition such as your disallow of forced bonds." Covai held up a hand pacifictically "Which we agree with by the way. Its another point about who bonds, and who doesn't."

"Whilst we agree only those who agree to being bonded shall be, the issue of rank between the towers is another matter. Just as we don't expect the Amrylin to be bonded by an Asha'man due to her status, don't expect to bond an Attack or Storm Leader without being prepared for an Aes Sedai of equal status being bonded as well. The council has already discussed this matter, and you will find unless we bond like for like, they will refused a bonding"

Covai's eyes almost casually went to the Red wearing the Domani outfit. "Sound fair?"

"Very fair ..." Zarinen bit off the rest of what she had almost said. Drat the boy! He'd caught her out with the oldest trick in the book. Luckily her usual smile remained in place, but she had a hard time not flaying him with her eyes. Well, nothing for it but to brazen the matter out.

"Of course I am not a Sitter, but I would be amenable to being Bonded by a ... Storm Leader, you called them?" She was pretty sure that was this one's rank, and he looked like one who would take careful handling. She could not let her Reds do something she was not prepared to do herself.

But they had specified Aes Sedai of certain rank, and she knew just who deserved to be the other volunteer. "I presume you mean for some of the Sitters to be Bonded? We only have three, but ... I'm sure Jagen, for one, will agree to that." Her smile was just a tad malicious as she turned to face the woman who had dared try to defy her. "Won't you, my dear?"

Zarinen Rafaliva

Highest of the Red Ajah

Jagen nearly made a choking sound, but she held it in. Her hand had a knuckle-white grip on her Taraboner cut silk dress, and she made no effort to hide her slight glare for the Highest. The Light burn that wretched woman for turning on her like this! Betraying one of her own! Jagen hadn't seriously met her words, but they had been spoken, and she found herself fighting to hold her next words back. Unfortunately, it was impossible. She had said she'd be the first to volunteer herself...

She had to think quick. She did not specify to bond or be bonded right?

"I offered to volunteer myself first," she said through clenched teeth, "and so I do..." She forced herself to straighten her hands out. "But certainly that doesn't mean, Highest, I have to be on... well, the wrong side of such a bond, yes?" The youngest of the four Reds meant to fight this every step of the way. "I'm a Sitter! This, it is not proper."

Zarinen's smile was sweet as ever, but the look in her eye was anything but. "A Sitter does whatever is required of her, surely? And these gentleman have been very accommodating. The least we can do is accept their kind offer."

She turned away from the Sitter, hoping the Asha'man had not caught Jagen's reference to her as Highest, or if they did, that they did not comprehend the significance of it. Folding her hands serenely in her lap, she regarded the two men blandly.

Zarinen Rafaliva

Highest of the Red Ajah

• 2 weeks later...

"Alright, we get the idea." Covai interrupted. Placing his hands on the ends of his chair. "May as well keep the procedings moving before we get bogged down in talks again." Covai didn't even need to look to Arath to see which of them would be bonding, they had already talked about it. As much as Arath hated to admit there was something worse than paperwork, the man drew the line at having an extra voice inside his head.

Standing up, Covai took a step towards the Red he had singled out before. Bowing low, almost as if asking for a dance, Covai spoke what just just a few days ago he would have considered to be his death sentence. "Greetings Aes Sedai. I am Covai Seriba, Tsrovan'M'hael of the Black Tower, and loyal follower of the Jarron Al'Tanin, the Dragon Reborn." Seizing the source as he stood, Covai somehow managed to edge out a little humor from the stillness of the void. "Care to bond?"

Despite the forced banter between the two moments ago, Covai was almost pleased to see it wasn't the one called Jagen who stepped forward. It was the one who's eyes he had caught before. He almost wanted to grin, but stopped himself. Aes Sedai were far better players of Dae'Daers'Mai than he was. So he still couldn't be sure he had read the situation right. Still, at worst at least he had a good looking one. Whether that was for better or for worse, time would tell.

"Greetings Asha'man. I am Zarinen Rafaliva of the Red Ajah." Covai could have sworn he saw a hint of something flash through her eyes, but it was gone before he could read it. "I will agree to being bonded with you, as an Aes Sedai of the White Tower."

Preparing the the weave as he closed the distance between them, Covai stopped infront of her to adress the the rest of the room. "If anybody has anything further to add, speak now. Else stand and bear witness to a new age." A look over his shoulder showed him nobody moved to stop him. Covai let out a breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding. "So it is then."

Reaching out, Covai took Zarinen's cheek in the palm of his hand and reaching around her waist with his other, pulled her close. He could smell the perfume she wore, and even the smell of her hair as he pressed against her. Sliding his hand from her cheek to her chin, Covai tilted her head back gently, ignoring the muffled indignation from the women near her. Burn them Covai mused. If I'm going to do this, I might as well enjoy it.Releasing the weave of spirit as their lips connected, Covai spun the other four elements around it, he guide the weave around them, and then through both of their bodies.

The sudden ball of emotions in his head was enough for him to release his grip, both on her and on Saidin. Shaking his head a little to clear it, Covai remember the last time he had bonded, albiet briefly. No attempts at shaking his head, or filling it with booze would change things. He was now connected to, and with this woman. Might was well get used to it.

Pushing the knot he felt to the side, Covai brought a slightly cheeky grin to his face. "So, was it was good for you was it was me?"

OOC: Well, thats the first bonding done. One Elgee responds (and let me know if you want me to edit anything by the way), we'll head out into the antechamber and let the pairings off begin.

Zarinen eyed that man who stepped forward, the arrogance and cockiness in every line of his body almost completely hiding the hint of nervousness she spied underneath. Well, his nervousness probably didn't come close to the butterflies the size of Draghkars that seemed to be bouncing around in her belly.

"Care to bond?"

Swallowing the gulp trying to form in her chest, Zarinen stepped forward. Light, let this end better than the last time ... Nothing of the fervent prayer in her heart showed on her face. The agony she always felt when she thought of him seared through her, but she lifted her chin.

"Greetings Asha'man. I am Zarinen Rafaliva of the Red Ajah." She barely stopped herself from saying Highest of the Red Ajah. Best to get to know him better before that little matter slipped out. "I will agree to being bonded with you, as an Aes Sedai of the White Tower."

She blinked when he cupped her cheek with the palm of his hand, but she knew physical contact was needed for this Weave, so decided to ignore the over-familiarity of it. When he placed his arm around her waist and pulled her close against him, though, her eyes widened and her mouth opened to give him a piece of her mind. Her protests were swallowed by his lips covering hers, and shortly thereafter all coherent thought fled.

Slowly her senses returned, in time, perhaps unfortunately, for her to catch the smirk on his face. And worst of all, the words he uttered. The man knew exactly what she had felt, Light blind him! She could feel the amusement rippling through his head! This was not how the Bonding Weave worked!

Face flaming, her round armed slap caught him flush on that much too pretty cheek before she could stop herself.

Zarinen Rafaliva

Highest of the Red Ajah

Really needing a smoke now

The slap wasn't completely unexpected, but it still managed to make Covai's head spin. Stifling a laugh, Covai rubbed the red mark on his cheek. He had deserved it, it was true. A question from the sidelines distracted him momentarily though.

Larindhra watched Zarinen and this Covai with horror. Suddenly that horror shifted, as her own words came back to her. "Highest, it will be as you command. Should the Black Tower accept our ... offer, I will bond as many Asha'man as are willing."

Oh Light ... Sitting up, she turned towards Covai and asked in a faint voice. "Exactly how many of your ... Asha'man are willing to Bond, my good man?" She watched as the man stood there rubbing his cheek as if he was stroking a beard. "Oh, I'd say about tweleve dozen or so."

Larindhra slid to the floor in a boneless faint.

Covai raised an eyebrow in suprised as one of the Reds dropped to the floor. He had never seen somebody....crumpled like that was they fell. Realising he had make a mistake, Covai shook his head to clear it. "Sorry, I meant twelve is a dozen, or about that numbers." For the first time in the room he actually felt a little sheepish. Trying to shift the blame, he pointed at Zarinen. "Hey, after a hit like that your numbers would be a bit hazy too!"

Laughter from Arath and a few strange looks seemed to lessen the tension again. Dropping his head almost sadly at how quickly things seemed to have gone from diplomatic mission to almost drunken logic, Covai guestured towards the door to the antechamber.

"Well, Zarinen and I have set the mark. Shall I introduce you ladies to the men I've brought with me?"

OOC: Thats it for this thread people. For those of you who are now bonding, jump into the other thread http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,47624.0.html which has everybody in the other room. Pair off and snag yourself a partner! :D

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

OOC Announcement:

Due to Jaydena leaving DM and Covai going inactive, it will henceforth be RPed that instead of Covai bonding Zarinen and Arath bonding Jaydena, Arath Bonded Zarinen and neither Covai nor Jaydena bonded anyone.