DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do aes sedai get from bonding a warder?

Liam_1993

apart from getting a bodyguard  :P  :D  because warders get quicker healing, more strenght and other great things but what does the aes sedai get?   ???

I think we will have to wait until the notes are released, if they ever are.  I have read and reread the series, and that's something we have not read about as of yet.  Of course, even after 10 or more rereads, i still find stuff i missed.

well i would guess that the extra stamina that warders get is also returned to help the Aes Sedai function in extreme situations and as an extra sensory perception so they can function as an effective team ( where to cast a weave for attack, as a way of timing an attack and knowing the warder is coming in for a heal right after, of concentrating on a prime target while the warder protects the AS's flanks )

also the AS extends a protection to the warder to help resist the shadow / protects the warders dreams , so the return effect could be a better physical resistance / endurance to the AS?

In case anyone wants RJ's own words on the matter:

Q23- Is the gift the Aes Sedai get from the bonding the ability to take or drain energy from their warder for their own use?

That is one of the gifts. She can draw as much strength as she needs. As a matter of fact, she could take it all. In other words, she could kill him.

http://www.wotmania.net/faqtopic.asp?ID=58

Archived