DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slap Happy

mmeeshal

So, I love the term "Slap Happy." For those of you who don't know what it means, here's the definition of it:

Slap Happy

-term used to describe one's mood when sleep deprived or tired. Signs of being 'slap happy' include inane rambling, strange remarks, odd random behavior (such as giving oneself a wedgie), uncontrollable laughter at one's own jokes.  Also, uncontrollable laughter PERIOD.

Anyway, I wanted to point out this fun and relevant term for everyone here at the good ol' BT.

I remember once, when I was in seventh grade, I stayed up late researching Santa Cruz, CA, for a project.  My mom finally kicked me off the computer because it was SO late, and I had school.  I was so tired that I sat down on the floor next to her while she did something online (I don't even remember what).  I don't recall exactly what was said, but I somehow began to laugh.  Uncontrollably.  And I could NOT stop.  I think I sat there laughing over nothing for at least half an hour straight.  I had a sore gut, tears rolling down my face, and my mom was looking at me like I was crazy.

That was not the first, nor the last, time I had a similar experience.  I have been slap happy many times during my life, leading to some embarrassing moments at school.  Embarrassing, I say, but I didn't care, and I don't really remember them now. :D

Anyway, just wanted you all to know the proper term for that hilarious behavior/mood. :D ;D

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh, I don't feel so bad now, I thought at those times I was going mad. Well I probably am anyway. But it's nice to know it's not all the time and sometimes these things happens for a reason.

Thank you for such inspiration...

*starts to giggle*

AHAHAHahahahahahahahahahaha, that was FUNNY. :D

That was cute. :D

Anyway.

I think, looking at more Urban Dictionary entrances for "Slap Happy" that the term originated thusly:

Slap happy is when you're laughing so uncontrollably and so hysterically that if someone slapped you, it wouldn't even phase you--it might even make you laugh harder.  This state of mind is most commonly found in the sleep-deprived.

So, if I start giggling, just slap me.  If I keep going, you know what my problem is. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Archived