DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Looking for Information before starting a New Asha'man

Aiolus

Before I get started, let me go ahead and state that I have read over the Black Tower website hosted by Wordpress.  Now with that out of the way, let me ask a few questions that will hopefully help me with writing up a bio for a character.

• Where on the time line of the books is the DRPSW currently?  I know that this is a Portal Stone World, so events don't line up exactly, but the major events do line up for the most part.
  • If I decide to make an Asha'man who is able to learn to channel, but does not have the spark inborn, how should I go about having him found and such?  Does the BT in this PSW send out individuals to find people who have the potential to learn?  Would it be best to say that I came of my own will?  What would be the most plausible way considering what activities the BT div has undertaken in the past, is currently undertaking, or will soon begin to undertake?
  • Finally, what age requirements exist for new Asha'man characters?  Is there an upper and lower cap on ages (whether a soft cap that is suggested though not set in stone, or a hard cap that is enforced)?

Any information and answers that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

Firstly, Welcome!  ;D

As to where we are at Main Timeline wise, we are somewhere around the bowl of the winds and before the cleansing (coming soon)

Either way is plausible. We do send out frequent recruiting parties and we do have a contingency in Tear, not to mention those that find their way to the farm.

I don't think that we have a hard and fast rule as far as age is concerned but I would say 16 - 50'ish?

Hope this helps and once again...welcome! ;D

Hey there.

As far as timeline, we are past the Bowl of Winds, currently in the very late and harsh winter. 

The manner of coming to the farm is entirely up to you.  If you want to be recruited out of your home, thats fine.  If you come in response to the amnesty, thats fine too.  Either way is perfectly acceptable. 

If you do come in response to the amnesty, you have to go to Tear, since that is where most people believe the Farm is located.  It's really in Andor, so upon arrival in Tear you get Travelled northward.  Recruiting parties take you straight to Andor.

The only time we have an age requirement is for sparkers.  Generally speaking, men manifest the ability between 18-26.  16-17 isn't unheard of, but we discourage it.  If you want a sparker, don't make him any older than 27.  Anyone who's been channeling on their own for a year or more is likely to be affected by the taint.

For learners, the same lower limits apply, but there is no upper limit. 

Edit:  Way to beat me to it Tai ...