DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You don't have to remake EVERY classic horror movie...

Emperor

But Poltergeist is next.  Joy.  Are we missing any others?

ShockTillYouDrop.com has learned that MGM's planned remake of Tobe Hooper's classic '80s haunted house movie Poltergeist has received a release date of November 24, 2010, Thanksgiving weekend. With director Vadim Perelman (House of Sand and Fog) attached since last September, the production has been in development a long time with a script surfacing last year, but so far, no cast has been announced and no information about where or when they might start filming.

• Community Administrator

Yea, Hellraiser, Pet Cemetary, Phatasm, Puppet Master (both the alien, and the killer dolls version), Killer Clowns from Outter Space, Gremlins, The Leperchaun, and I'm forgetting a few. Course, they could always remake The Prophecy. That could be good.

The Creature From The Black Lagoon is apparently set for a 2011 release.

And IMDB had a page created for a new version of Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes. However, since every Joe with access to internet can post stuff on IMDB, I am refusing to believe that one is true.

Yea, Hellraiser, Pet Cemetary, Phatasm, Puppet Master (both the alien, and the killer dolls version), Killer Clowns from Outter Space, Gremlins, The Leperchaun, and I'm forgetting a few. Course, they could always remake The Prophecy. That could be good.

Hellraiser...would love to see this re-made with more in depth looks at the cenobytes.

Pet Cemetary...god I hope not..why mess with a good thing.

Phantasm...another one I wouldn't mind seeing contemparized, but only if done well.

Puppet Master (killer dolls)...I would love to see re-done, but will probably never happen.

Killer Clowns...Please NO...this is one of those rare movies that I just can't see done any better than the original.

Gremlins...I think the original should stand on it's own.

Leprechaun...why bother.

Prophecy...has potential.

Oh man Killer Clowns would be funny to see a remake done of. Maybe old Rob can take up that one next eh......

• Community Administrator

I dunno man, the orginal Prophecy movie started out as a detective/thriller WTF is going on! type of movie. The sequels sound closer to that though.. But mostly cause.. I don't know wtf was with the sequels...

Prophecy...

It is called Legion...

Not a direct remake but so close you won't know the difference...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/legion/

Archived