DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Anyone else think "The Three" knew something?

WWWwombat

Soz, when you said ‘anybody else’ I thought you may have come up with something, but cool. :)

Thinking about it, I remember reading somewhere that part of the motive was that without anaiya? (I think that’s her name) to add weight to Egwene being a dreamer, her viewings were more likely to be disregarded.

Probably not part of the motive, but there it is.

Indeed. My belief is that Aran'gar did actually say something that alerted Anaiya, and was thus forced to kill her. Later she killed Kairen just to avoid the possibility of a repeat. And I agree with Maj that the fact that they were left out in the open was designed to cause a panic (we see what a subtle gravedigger Aran'gar is when she kills Meri and Selame). Oh, it's possible Anaiya was a surprise and she didn't have time to bury the woman, but Kairen was definately premeditated, and left on purpose to cause chaos.

Ok so I just did a little more thinking and I have a crazy idea to float by you guys.  Semirhage tortures Cabriana for everything she knows but we never find out why.  We only assume it is so that Aran'gar can have an in in Salidar.  We assume that Aran'gar killed Anaiya and Kairen because she was afraid of being exposed, but I remember at one point Aran'gar telling Delana that she knew things about Cabriana that Cabriana had forgotten herself.  If her knowledge is so deep, then maybe she wasn't in danger of being exposed.  Maybe Cabriana was tortured and killed to give another Forsaken an in in the Tower.  A Forsaken with blonde hair and blue eyes.  Mesaana.  I would be utterly convinced except for one big flaw.  Cabriana was a Blue sister and Elaida abolished the Blue Ajah.  That would make a Blue sister a poor alias for a Forsaken trying to remain in the Tower.  Still, I think there's something more going on with Cabriana and her friends than we know.  I think it would be just like RJ to hide something there.

I always thought Kairen was killed because of her ability with cuendillar.  Doesn't it say that only Egwene has a higher affinity for making cuendillar?  I always assumed that Aran'gar was killing off the skilled makers that he/she knew she could kill without a fight.  With Egwene being as powerful as she is, Aran'gar wasn't sure she could be taken without alerting the rest of the Aes Sedai.  If Kairen remained alive and Tar Valon was completely blockaded in the South Harbor, then Mesaana will have a more difficult time with her plots.  This is why I always thought that Mesaana and Aran'gar have some plans going on behind the scenes that RJ wouldn't let us on to just yet.

Ok so I just did a little more thinking and I have a crazy idea to float by you guys.  Semirhage tortures Cabriana for everything she knows but we never find out why.  We only assume it is so that Aran'gar can have an in in Salidar.  We assume that Aran'gar killed Anaiya and Kairen because she was afraid of being exposed, but I remember at one point Aran'gar telling Delana that she knew things about Cabriana that Cabriana had forgotten herself.  If her knowledge is so deep, then maybe she wasn't in danger of being exposed.  Maybe Cabriana was tortured and killed to give another Forsaken an in in the Tower.  A Forsaken with blonde hair and blue eyes.  Mesaana.  I would be utterly convinced except for one big flaw.  Cabriana was a Blue sister and Elaida abolished the Blue Ajah.  That would make a Blue sister a poor alias for a Forsaken trying to remain in the Tower.  Still, I think there's something more going on with Cabriana and her friends than we know.  I think it would be just like RJ to hide something there.

Mesaana was already in the tower when Semirhage had her little, uhm, "chat" with Cabriana.

Also, while Aran'gar was convinced she knew everything about Cabriana, there is still the chance she might have let her tongue slip, and said C when she should have said A.

I always assumed that they were killed because of their relationship with Cabriana, and I definitely agree that Anaiya said something to warrant her murder in Aran'gar's eyes. For some reason that never crossed my mind before ha. It's funny how subtle things like that just pass you by reading this series because you're so caught up in the big picture you miss the little details like that.

Archived