DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

An Invite to a Cleansing Rite

Sangreal

The Warders side is going to have a cleansing by fire rite for those that have past baggage to be put off. While it may seem a little barbaric in the description it may appeal to some Aes Sedai or perhaps with permission some Accepted. If not wanting to be seen dancing like a savage there will be body paint to disguise yourself :) Here is the description of the event.

A Cleansing by Fire. The two dancing trainees would be learning to practice for a cleansing ritual to help those dealing with issues from their past to over come them. Along the beach of the river two large Bonfires would be set up and several smaller around it. When nightfall comes the participants would show up and be painted up in woad (woad wasnt just blue by the way) and wearing only a few scraps of clothing. There would be drums (The ones larger than a person) playing as as they watched various blade dances and dances that seemed aimed at swinging flaming or non flaming weapons as close to one another as they can without actually touching. It wont just be sparring however. It would in fact be a dance. There would also be peyote burning in the fires. The woad would give them courage, the peyote the vision to overcome whatever they are there for. Picture people jumping between the bonfires and risking their flesh to the flame while they overcome their fears and I think it may complete the mental picture for you. RP opportunities may open up with unexpected couplings or visions of friends, families, or enemies long gone. Its also a chance for your character to grow and put aside some of their baggage.

I will be putting up the thread in Tar Valon in the next couple of days if you are interested.

Sangreal

I'm very interested; unfortunately Lavinya is not in the position she needs to be emotionally to take part as yet, and I don't want to skip ahead to that point and miss out on all the angsty fun. It's a great idea though, I hope you do it again sometime :)