DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So ya.

ChronoCrosS

Yeah, it's a good book. The first and second book in that series is really good, but the third one I could only make it like half way through and I couldn't read any more. It just got too boring. It has good information in it, but it's boring as hell (well I thought anyways).

Yeah, it's a good book. The first and second book in that series is really good, but the third one I could only make it like half way through and I couldn't read any more. It just got too boring. It has good information in it, but it's boring as hell (well I thought anyways).

There is some Grade-A good shit at the end of that novel.

The fourth book, however, is not very exciting. Some of the best characters (Dany, Jon, Bran) have only indirect roles. Fortunately, when GRRM finally gets around to publishing A Dance With Dragons, they will get plenty of time to shine. :)

There is some Grade-A good shit at the end of that novel.

The fourth book, however, is not very exciting. Some of the best characters (Dany, Jon, Bran) have only indirect roles. Fortunately, when GRRM finally gets around to publishing A Dance With Dragons, they will get plenty of time to shine. :)

Edit: I meant the fourth book. My bad.. I was thinking there was only 3 out so far for some reason. Yea, the third one is good, the fourth not so much.

Ender's Game is a terrific book.

Essentially, in the pre-book past (the book is set in the mid-21st century), earth space outposts were invaded by an alien insectoid race known as the Buggers.  Their attacking fleet was beaten back, somehow.  Now, the best and brightest children from across the globe are volunteered into the military and trained as the next wave of commanders to fight the buggers.  The training is conducted on a space station called Battle School.  The book is brilliant, and the Ender's Shadow sequels (unlike the original sequels) are fun reads as well

Ender's Game is a terrific book.

Essentially, in the pre-book past (the book is set in the mid-21st century), earth space outposts were invaded by an alien insectoid race known as the Buggers.  Their attacking fleet was beaten back, somehow.  Now, the best and brightest children from across the globe are volunteered into the military and trained as the next wave of commanders to fight the buggers.  The training is conducted on a space station called Battle School.  The book is brilliant, and the Ender's Shadow sequels (unlike the original sequels) are fun reads as well

If I read Ender's game, will this force me to read the entire series?

Also, I always thought of Terrific as a bad word, since I think it looks like terrible >.<

Archived