DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can the Shaido come to Rand?

Mashiara Sedai

• Community Administrator

I had a thought about the Shaido.  With Couladin dead (and Suladric), Sevanna spoke as Clan Chief until we learn in KoD that the Wise Ones have sent someone else (I can't remember what his name is) to Rhuidean.  At the end of KoD, the Shaido Wise Ones say they will return to the Waste and never come out... but...

If they send someone through the glass columns ter'angreal and he comes out a Clan Chief, he will see that Rand is the real Car'a'carn.  If he commands them, as Chief, to go to Rand, will the Wise Ones agree?

Can Rand really unite the Aiel?

Just a thought.

~Mashiara

Just because Bendhuin (I think that's the name of who they sent) will go through the columns does not mean that he will know Rand is the Car'a'carn.  Look at it this way-- there were Wise Ones in the Shaido who did not accept Rand, yet every one of them had been through those glass columns.  The columns don't show anything indicating Rand or the Car'a'carn, just the history of the Aiel.  Even though what Rand related to the Aiel at Alcair Dal obviously comes from the history you see in the columns would not necessarily be enough to convince a non-believer.  I think the Shaido and those taken by the Bleakness will always make up reasons to deny him (he was coached by a Wise One or a Chief with the right things to say, he's a wetlander, etc) because they are afraid of facing the truth.

Even if the new clan chief does accept Rand as Car'a'carn, I don't think it likely they will cross the Dragonwall ever again after returning to the Waste.  They have suffered major blow after major blow recently, from getting scattered all over by Sammael to the battle at Malden and the collaring of nearly all the Wise Ones who could channel there by the Seanchan.  Perhaps they will be the 'remnant of a remnant'. 

They will not be able to stand aside during the Last Battle; even though Trollocs call the Waste the Dying Ground, they have been there in raids recently and it is likely they will flood there as well during the Last Battle.  Maybe the Shaido will redeem themselves in protecting the Waste from the Shadow for whatever Aiel do survive TG.

Yes, it was Bendhuin.  I think he (and the other Shaido that manage to get there) would find the terangreal (and Rhuidean's other terangreal) missing.  I take all of Rhuidean's terangreal were loaded onto carts in the beginning of Fires of Heaven (Moiraine wanted them transported them to the White Tower).

I take the terangreal were afterward placed in a warehouse in Cairhien (because of Moiraine's disappearance).

The books estimate 300 to 400 of channeling Shaido Wise Ones.  One character speculated that 15 or 20 of them escaped the forkroot tea; and she saw 9 channeling.  Those 9 I take were killed in the battle.

Last recorded count of collared ones was 200.

The range for collared ones would be either 280 to 285 (if 300 could channel) or 380 to 385 (if 400 could channel), assuming 15 to 20 escaped the tea.

I would guess that the surviving Shaido from Malden would be captured by the Seanchan when they try to escape.

there was a decent amount of shaido that survived to live it seemed like it, they bagged up Galina and if i remember correct 2 grps of shaido spears were moving in ,it won't be hard for em to catch up to the fleeing grp , and the chief/wise one  ter'angreal were all left because they were the aiel's 

Moraine took most of the ter'angreal and angreal, etc. But left the ones that are fundamental to Aiel life such as the wise ones test and the chiefs test.

The Shaido will never follow rand, he after all condemned that clan to death at the hands of the others. After all teh sahidow where defeated multiple times by rand (and those the Shaidow consider Rand's henchmen: perrin, other clans, mat, etc.)

I think this can be summed up pretty easy,  Therva said the Shaido will never leave the three fold land again, who would argue with her?  They have lost 10's of thousands of spears, over half their(channling) wise ones. Shadio while not the smartest apples to fall of the tree, you have to beleive they have learned a lesson. 

I take all of Rhuidean's terangreal were loaded onto carts in the beginning of Fires of Heaven (Moiraine wanted them transported them to the White Tower).

A correction:

The items too big to load on the carts were left.

Moraine took most of the ter'angreal and angreal, etc. But left the ones that are fundamental to Aiel life such as the wise ones test and the chiefs test.

The Aiel started their journey at the beginning of the breaking with 10's of thousands of wagons.  The Jenn still had thousands of wagons when they settled in "their place of safety."

Moraine took all she could but she had maybe 12 wagons to use, and one or two of those were just carrying the seals.  Most of the angreal, ter'angreal, and sa'angreal that the Aiel had are still there.  Even discounting what Moraine took Rhudien still has twice as many objects of the power then the Great Holding in Tear, the Kin's stash, and the White Tower has combined.

I don't think the Shaido will come to Rand.  The WOs think the clan chiefs and other Wise Ones were manipulated by the two AS. 

Archived