DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What the hell????!!?

Liam_1993

??? just read chapter 6 'Threads woven of shadow' in the 'lord of chaos' (6th) book and am really confuesd.  It says

"Semirhage let the iron bound door close behind  her. One of the GLOWBULBS, salvaged from the Great lord alone new where flickering fitfully..." 

Is this a lightbulb that we know of today? How could the dark one salvage one?

A glow bulb is the 2nd Age version of a light bulb, yes. I don't think that the second age is OUR world. I think it's the age AFTER our world, but that's neither here nor there.

Yes, a glowbulb is, essentially a light bulb.

No, the Dark One did not salvage it. A Forsaken using the phrase "The Great Lord alone knew where," is akin to us saying "Heaven only knows where it came from" or "God only knows why it's here." It's an idiom.

-Rifty

Bayle Domon, the collector of the ancient that he is, had two light sticks, prior to the start of the great hunt, that operated simply by being held.

He also has an angreal for men, which he must have bought from a man who could channel and didn't know it. While reminiscing over it, he says the man he got it from told him that if you held it long enough it would get warm, but neither Domon nor anyone he has shown it to has felt this. Just an interesting side note. I wonder if this angreal ever gets 'discovered' and put into use.

Archived