DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Morgase is alive *gasp*

Chel Vanin

So what will be the worlds (Andors mostly) response to Morgase being alive. High seats don't like her, and now her daugther is queen. Awkward. Luckily, she has forsaken the throne, and given it to her daughter but until word gets out problems could arise.

Also, Gawyn will FINALLY realize that Rand didn't murder Morgase, and hopefully join with Gareth's army.

(Totally beside the point but I see a Siuan-Gareth, and Egwene-Gawyn double marriage coming)

Lastly, what will Morgase do now that she's no longer employed as queen?

Guest Majsju

I don't think she can live in Andor after all that has happened, but the family owns a few estates where she and Tallanvor can settle down. Or go and live in Cairhien once Elayne takes the throne there, to take care of business in Elayne's name.

This of course supposes that she survives TG...

I actually think she will play a role in Perrin's group. Like, she will know that she cannot return to Andor without destablizing Elaynes already shaky rule, so she will stay with Perrin while he goes to Rand aid in Murandy (from the darkfriend Aes Sedai i suspect are with the Borderlanders.)

It's probably going to be a mirror of history.

I don't exactly remember where this is from, but I think this is for Juan Carlos of Spain (who rules currently unless he died recently). Before Carlos, there was fascism under Francisco Franco (Dragon). But he used means to help fascism survive by having Juan Carlos succeed him, but to do that he had to exile his father. When he died, Juan Carlos became king and did not support fascism as Franco wanted and made the government democratic (I think).

His father later abdicated the throne to him. Or something like that.

I might have the wrong people and place though, but something like this happened somewhere, I just think it was with Juan Carlos.

So Morgase will come back and abdicate the throne. Either that or she accepts that she's not queen anymore and marries tallanvor and settles down.

I think Morgase is going to end up like the Prince did in Memory Sorrow and Thorn. She'll come back, relize that Elayne is doing alright, and then just "stay dead" so that her kids don't go "HOLY CRAP!!" Otherwise she'll come back and say "hi" and then rush off to an estate and live happily ever after with Tallenvor.

i think she will go back in disguise and only reveal herself to those she trusts like kids etc and then help Elayne rule from a distance.

this could lea to the progression of her being found out and the plot thickening if he wanted to do that. I would like to see her return just for the drama.

I think Morgase is going to end up like the Prince did in Memory Sorrow and Thorn. She'll come back' date=' relize that Elayne is doing alright, and then just "stay dead" so that her kids don't go "HOLY CRAP!!" Otherwise she'll come back and say "hi" and then rush off to an estate and live happily ever after with Tallenvor.[/quote']

Wow, good reference to Green Angel Tower. :)

She'll definitely come back and meet with her kids and they'll all cry and be happy. she won't try to take the throne back but I have no idea what she'll do and where she'll go...... other than wherever Tallanvor is.

kittydesmond

I cant call that, but I think she will build that talent..she got ahold of it...pretty intoxicating stuff. we shall see

i thought of this as well. they gave her the serpent ring long ago for more than political reasons. remember that nynaeve had a block that prevented her from channeling; morgase may as well. knowing her history she is green,green,green and has tallanvor at her side who may help break that block; he is also an obvious warder.

morgase could be a powerful aes sedai or elayne could set her on the sun throne to rule caireihen. both countries may be a bit much for elayne and morgase is more than a rag doll. she is with perrin and faile while he is garnering power as a "noble" in the world and he could be set on the sun throne. the two rivers can be governed by tam, abel or any other of the emond's field characters as it is now more apparent to elayne that they have no idea she is to be their queen. she can institute a regional governor if it is not to be perrin.

heck, send morgase and tallanvor to emond's field.

book 12 is proving to be better than the first; will anyone familiar with the tale be able to put it down until finishing it?

She doesn't have a block.... She is just so weak that she can only sense the power and perhaps touch it from time to time. I'd love to see her go down as a hero.... Her and her man..... There has to be some good people dying here pretty soon.... And quite frankly I think she could distinguish the family name by dying for her country...... So I say let them go down fighting....

Yeah Morgase wont end up an Aes Sedai, powerful or not, she simply cannot channel enough for even Egwene's weak strictures to accept. She will never sit the Sun Throne... she has no claim, Elaynes comes from her father, not from Morgase. The Cairhienin would never permit her to sit the throne.

I think we'll see her live happily ever after with her man. I just don't see the point in her 'being dead', coming back to life, and then dieing again. It just seems too much to me. She's got a role to play and I think she'll see it all the way through.

Sonas3.jpg

Lots of far fetched stuff going on here, what I see as happening (assuming she survives TG) is that she'll tell her kids she's still alive, and then go to a remote estate with Tally, or perhaps be Elayne's regent in Cair. There is no chance of anything in Andor as she has ALREADY abdicated the throne, so even if she shows up, it really shouldn't cause too much of a problem. Not to mention remember the condition of Andor when she left, not the best of times there, I doubt you'd find many people who would be willing to rebel to try to put her back on the throne (not that it appears she wants to be back on the throne.)

Zardi

Er...cynical about it in what way?

cynical in the fact that i apparently picked up these books before most of the rest of you could read - there was a slap in my face of role playing i didn't expect as i never did or will such as assuming names. i assumed this to be a "dungeons and dragons" minded site.

however, the podcasts were why i visited the site and the blogs by the author himself lent some authenticty to the whole circus. i see some other folks post on here that must feel the same way i do about it merely being a story and not a parallel world one is to gravitate towards. they must be like myself and in the 50-ish age bracket. i have read many, many sciffy novels and series and want to finish this one out.

cynical - at times this becomes a teenager chatbox with no sense, rhyme or reason.

however, i am a trooper and stick it out. :roll:

Guest Majsju

Mike, welcome to the nature of fansites. Well, the nature of extremely large fansites, as Dragonmount as far as I know is one of the largest there is (not counting LOTR and Harry Potter which got enormous boosts thanks to the movies). Dragonmount is atm counting 4000 members, which means there will be quite a mix of people. Some who wants to strictly discuss the books, banter with others about theories, get things they didn't understand explained etc. Others are drawn to the possibility of roleplaying within a world they know and love. And others yet for a more social reason, meeting people from all over the world, from all kinds of different backgrounds, but with one thing in common: we all read and if not love, at least highly appreciate WOT.

Archived