DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

At The KOD DarkFriend Social , Why is Mesaana "Wan, Subdued and ill-Appearing" ?

Thank you. Because I had been mixing up Mesaana and Moggy in my mind in relation to SH, id forgotten the extent of the rape on Messana.

Another thing that was presented as a mystery to us in that book, and also puzzled Aran'gar was the fact that a number of chairs had been made available that was commiserate to the number of original chosen, but, as Aran'gar (and all of us readers) knew, many of the FS had been toasted by that point. Moridin was aware of this too. Did he just make too many chairs available out of habit or a mental mistake?

Kadere...Astus...

Kadere, thanks - I had forgotten about the extent of SH's 'interactions' with Mesaana...he does not come off as an exceedingly pleasant fellow, does he?

Astus...thats an excellent thought...you are probably right...thought it seems a bit subtle for loony ishamael...he was always crazy...he left the subtelty to The Spider...

- Fish

To be honest, as Moridin he does seem to be more subtle in his threats and methods. Maybe it's because the madness is not so far advanced as it was when he was Ishamael.

With that said, he still has his moments of loopiness ;P

Or there could be a whole explanation that gets revealed but I do not believe it is likely.

I see where youre coming from, Astus...He DOES seem a bit more restrained and 'in the shadows' as Moridin...maybe hes more secure because of the Nae'blis tag?

I have to admit...in the original 3 books, i DID find ishy's whole 'Ginat Flaming Mouth With Eyes Of Fire' thing a bit over-the-top, lol - but then again, he WAS ishy then at his most unstable...not exactly a calm and rational kind of fellow at that point!

Fish

Oh, I TOTALLY agree with you that Mor is just as loony as ever!!! ... He does seem just a bit less over-the-top to me though in later books as Moridin...Speaking of the scene you mention: That was always kind of a weird choice of words to me me...'Playing both sides' in a 'game' where there are only two sides (The DO's and The Light) kind of implies that he is also messing around falesly on the side of the Light...and we know thats not true...maybe he should have said "When you're not playing by the rules" or something like that...

Listen to me...like im anyone to have given RJ writing advice HAHAHAHA!!

Fish

'Playing both sides' in a 'game' where there are only two sides (The DO's and The Light) kind of implies that he is also messing around falesly on the side of the Light...and we know thats not true...maybe he should have said "When you're not playing by the rules" or something like that...

My opinion is that what he meant was that he was manipulating everyone (or at least a lot of people on both sides) into the positions he wanted them to be in.

Well, Moridin seems confident that Rand is already moving as Moridin wishes, he thinks this to himself when playing Sha'rah in the same scene when he kills his servant without realising. So, either Moridin is manipulating Rand, or Rands actions look close enough to what Moridin wants him to do to make Moridin think hes manipulating Rand.

Re Moridins sanity? As Ishamael he seemed to think he was the Dark One, as Moridin he doesnt. Sure he isnt fully sane, but I'd say at the current time his sanity is more intact than Rands. Thats the impression I get from Moridins PoVs anyway; sure he has a time or two when hes done something with the True Power without realising, but that is NOTHING compared to Rands mental issues.

Hybird...Padraic...Optimus Prime...

Padraic...Good call on the True Power...you know, ive thought about that Moridin Scene in ACOS at Shadar Logoth for years...He insisted to Rand that he "wasn't going to help kill Sammael" ... but, i think he hung around so long just hoping to see that Rand WOULD off Sam.

Hybird, I think you nailed it with what Moridin meant.

OP, I'm afraid I agree with you...because its scary, lol, to think that the man who was once Ishamael is now saner than Rand - the man all the hope of The Light now rest upon lol!

Fish

Archived