DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Check out my Awesome Excel Skills! (WOT spreadsheet 4 MMO)

Reckless22

Would you support a WOT MMO as described in the attached xls?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a WOT MMO as described in the attached xls?

• Yes Strongly
    • Sure
    • Won't even play the MMO
    • Meh... Here are my thoughts ideas... (please post)
    • Terrible ideas!

Heya, so I posted this in the official WOT MMO section but did not get the amount of feedback i was hoping for. Mostly i think because it's buried on page 11 or something. Anyways, I wanted to do a poll in concert with my post so i could get an overall feel for the idea and see if it's worth putting more time into ;D

I do intend on being very pro-active about updating with suggestions and arguments for certain features. I really desire for this to reflect on some grounds a community-driven thing. If there is indeed the support for it. I'm doing my best to keep things readable and spell checked but invariably things will get though. drop me a message if you find anything and you want to help.

Thanks, i hope the discussion can be limited at least a little to the ideas presented and new ideas generated from the spreasheet it's self. (therefore the post doesn't get locked for being in the wrong area. ;D ) The excel sheet is attached.

Reading the press release it states both console/PC RPGs to go along with the movies release (I predict this will be like the Lord of the Rings games) and an MMO. Now the development of an MMO is much different then traditional single player RPGs. Persistent worlds, more competitive and more levels of narrative are what i feel are the biggest differences but they are arguable and strangely some recent MMOs have trended toward adding more "solo play" aka AoC. Thanks for the post though :).

Loved the Dark One VS Light territory capturing idea. Loved the "Episode Quest" idea with a realm-wide effort to do something. When would Darkfriends become attackable as the opposite faction though? And why does everyone have to start in Baerlon. Baerlon is a mining town, its not really that major. Maybe the Aiel should start in Cairhein where theres a large concentration of Aiel still (I think), and others start in Caemlyn or their own capital city. And by Westlander you do mean Randlander right? Not just the Western part of Randland? Also I do not think that Ogier should be playable. Other than that though great job, looks like you put alot of work into it.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason i was going with Baerlon is because it made the most sense to concentrate low level players into smaller areas. This fosters communication early on to help newbie's to the MMO world. also It is geographically centered on the map, remote enough to not have a lot of the bigger stories interupting them, and the desired goal was to have aiel, Orgier, and westlander playing together ASAP before they move on to respective regions for one reason or another. Level 1-10 shouldn't take longer then a couple hours for an expiernced player and will thus be in a consistant flux of people. keeping population lower because these levels are not as hard to get though. I will however re-write the background story for the Aiel (on page 2) to connect this idea with the Aiel in Cairhein. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived