DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

confused about the books

gamepad

OK I just finished the 11 books in the world of time and now have The New Spring,What are the other books that follow this story line as I see books about the great hunt,The Strike at Shayol Ghul(Can't find anything about this one)and books about the Eye of the world.Can anyone explain to me what these books are about

Thanks

The Strike at Shayol Ghul is a short story available online. There is a reference book nicknamed BWB (for Big White Book), but I've never read it and can't even remember the real title :|

EotW and TGH both have eh..."young adult" versions, which are broken into two smaller novels each. That version of EotW has an extra prologue from Egwene's point of view, which takes place when Rand, Mat, and Perrin are around 11 years old.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if that prologue is available as an ebook? I'd like to read it, but I haven't seen that version of EotW at any bookstore, and I don't really want to buy a whole other copy of EotW just for the prologue. It would be nice to be able to buy only the prologue.

Guest Egwene

The Wheel of Time books are as follows:

The Eye of the World

The Great Hunt

The Dragon Reborn

The Shadow Rising

The Fires of Heaven

Lord of Chaos

A Crown of Swords

The Path of Daggers

Winter's Heart

Crossroads of Twilight

Knife of Dreams

New Spring is a prequel to the series. RJ is writing the last book to conclude the story at present.

Book one and two in the special young adults edition are divided the into two books each. The titles are:

From the Two Rivers

To the Blight

The Hunt Begins

New Threads in the Pattern

Here is a link for some of the Strike at Shayol Ghul:

http://www.tor.com/shayol.html

A version of it is included in 'An Illustrated Guide to The Wheel of Time' (the one some people refer to as the BWB = the big white book)

Hope this clears up your questions.

Archived