DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What about Shara?

fhp

I looked for something about this in the forums but I couldn't find it so here it goes. What about the land of Shara? RJ doesn't seem like the kind of guy to make a land with no purpose but with only one book left it can't be fully explored. What kind of role, if any, do you think it will have?

It would be hard to bring Shara in at this late stage. They may have a slight cameo, but my suspicion is that they will remain out of the game. If they just rocked up involved it would seem kind of... weak, plot wise. Very deus ex machina. I mean the Aiel Instant Army was a bit hard to swallow, and he spent nearly two books setting that up.

dosen't Rand have to unite all the Lands to win the Last battle? would that not include Shara if it includes shenchan. Where they actually breed aes sedai I think he may need them, they would be a powerful ally in the Last battle

it just seems to me like they have to be involved in it somehow because if the darkness wins then the whole world suffers. The shara have just as much of an interest in winning the last battle as everybody else.

As I recall he's said outright that we won't see Shara or Seanchan, and that the only part that'll be particularly important to the plot is the main region of the story. Besides, even the Forsaken have thought of Seanchan and Shara as insignificant to the gran scheme of things in their POVs. The only reason Semirhage attached herself to Tuon was because the Seanchan were coming to the main land.

Guest Majsju

The part about Rand needing to unite all lands is part of his answers from the Finns.

"The north and the east must be as one. The west and the south must be as one. The two must be as one."

This refers only to the main continent. The Seanchan are holding most of the west and the south. Rand holds the east, and with the Borderlanders out looking for him, he might soon have the north. His treaty with Tuon unites all of it.

Shara and the Seanchan mainlands are not a part of that.

Tarmon Gaiden will decide the fate of the whole world evil bubbles must be hitting theese other lands also they have their own prophecies they will know whats coming. they won't do nothing or what will be their excuse for not coming to aid I say they will play a part even though it will be focused on the main land they will have to be allied

Eh...not necessarily. I can see how most of the DO's forces would be concentrated in the main continent where Rand is. He is the Dragon Reborn, afterall, and he's the only one with a hope of defeating the DO. Shara may not have seen any trouble at all from trollocs, Forsaken, or any others. After the Dark has gotten rid of Rand, taking Shara or Seanchan would be easy. Why waste effort on them now?

and also at the last breakin the damage spread from shayol ghul,growin less evident the further away from the mountain it was..so shara would not be effected as much as randland..leadin to the forsakens concentration here,and also the dragon reborn,obviously.

and oh yeah,shara was (supposedly anyway) hurt ny graendal,capturin its monarch

What we do know about Shara points to how messed up things are there. They deny that Trollocs attacked them during the Trolloc Wars, even thought the Aiel say they did, and they deny Hawkwing attacked them, the Sea Folk say he did. They keep a very tight rein on what gets out of their tradeholds, including rumor. And now we see, in LoC, that rumors and news about the land are leaking out and there is even at least one guy, in KoD, who left Shara with silk worms.

With Grendal taking the "monarchs" the women who rule trying to keep the country out of chaos without revealing that they are the ones who rule. But it sounds like they aren't doing a good job.

Is it possible that shara is run by the Finns?

I read somewhere that they dont allow themselves to be seen, and visitors (accidental or otherwise) are never seen again.

Is it possible it's a holding ground for unborn heroes of legend? I think their spirits live in the dream world, but maybe they need some kind of living capsule to stay alive.

What do the Seanchan know of Shara?

Shara isnt involve in any prophecy other than the all encompassing "North and East, South and West" thingy, right?

Shara is not run by the finns, it is run by the Ayyad. As far as we know, the finns are not walking around in this world, but have a domain of their own, which follows different rules and so on.

And why should the souls of the Heroes need capsules? A soul is a non-corporeal thing, after all. And why should these be in Shara? It is only Asia, after all.

Well getting the shara i think there are two possibilities to them joining.

Either the Shara will start being over run with shadowspawn and flee to the mainland, there for uniting them, bringing the east to the south kind of thing.

Or that one guy with all the stories, (dont remember name) the one that went to shara and came back, could be a spie for them deciding if they want to join with the mainland??? Or he could be royalty.

The reason for him telling the stories is to see how people react to them. See if the people of the mainland will attack the sharians?????

I think you're refering to Jain Charin (aka Jain Farstrider) and if the prevailing theory is correct, he is Noal, the old guy hanging out with Mat's group. I this is true, then he is currently heading to the Tower of Ghenjei with Mat and Thom to rescue Moiraine...

At least that's one theory...

Archived