DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

KOD Question - Perrin/Failie

Ciete

*KOD Spoiler..read at your own risk*

When Perrin is planning the big rescue of Failie (I would have left her w/the Shaido myself), he coordinates several times with the wolves. I was all jacked up to see another wolf/Shaido confrontation just like Dumani's Wells.

However during the actual attack, all the wolves do is howl during the daylight w/the fog as an indicator for Failie to go to the fortress. I felt robbed.

Was this buildup/let down purposeful, or was it an oversight by RJ?  ???

Dunno, but wolfs does feel abit weak nowadays ^^ when we got Ashaman armies and all. It was pretty cool in the beginning, say the whitecloak encounter in the eye of the world forexample. But nowadays.. dunno. All they do is die pretty much >.<

They only helped out at Dumai Wells to free Rand.

Actually there was also the Trolloc attach near the beginning of Dragon Reborn.

Totally different situation. Wolves will always attack Trollocs. They only attacked at Dumai's Wells because Perrin told them Rand was a prisoner.

Perrin's guilt over using the wolves in battle at Dumai's Wells also probably played a role here.  Perrin just wanted to use the wolves to warn/signal his wife, and possibly to add to the confusion at the Shaido camp, not to get more wolves killed.  It's possible that the wolves would not even have agreed to help out if Perrin wanted them to fight the Shaido.

Actually there was also the Trolloc attack near the beginning of Dragon Reborn.

Totally different situation. Wolves will always attack Trollocs.

Before the Trolloc attack, I take wolves attacked only when the Trollocs were away from society.

And during the Trolloc situation in Shadow Rising, wolves seemed hesitant because of their small numbers in the area & because of Slayer.

Actually there was also the Trolloc attack near the beginning of Dragon Reborn.

Totally different situation. Wolves will always attack Trollocs.

Before the Trolloc attack, I take wolves attacked only when the Trollocs were away from society.

And during the Trolloc situation in Shadow Rising, wolves seemed hesitant because of their small numbers in the area & because of Slayer.

What small numbers in TSR?  There were no wolves in TR.  Wolves would never hesitate to attack trollocs.

Archived