DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

question about new character

rahiendazar

if you wanted her to be a cook at the black tower, then you are in the wrong Division. You would want to submit that to the Black Tower, and yes, it's very possible.

If you have any questions, just come over to the BT oocs, and you can always feel free to ask other people and me.

I'm fairly certain what he's asking is if she can be a cook in the bt that talks to wolves and while I'm not in authority to make the call I would say from my own attempt at a cross-div hybrid that it probably won't be allowed. I could be wrong though. best of luck to you.

If your proposed character can talk to the wolves then you would be considered a member of the Wolfkin Division.

if you want to be a cook in the BT, then you would be a member of the Freelanders division, but would not be able to talk to the wolves.

Owen

Well talking this over with Owen there are a couple of takes on this. If you want your character to talk to wolves you would need to join the wolfkin and go through training. Now the wolfkin and the BT have an alliance so once trained I dont see a problem with your character becoming a cook for the BT if you so desire. I take it this is a non channeling character correct?

she would run from any possibility of talking to wolves, she would not want training, she would be terifid of it, much like Perrin was for awhile. she would certainally never use it, and not be able to do much if she needed to. The division she would belong to would be bt, not wolfkin. if this is not allowed, then ok, but i think it is just as likely that there would be those not related to any group, and that would avoid contact if possible. that is what i wanted for her. it would be somethign for her to run from, not be trained for. and no, she can not channel.

• 3 months later...

well the thing of it is that while you're right that there would be some who might be afraid of it, the wolves would recognize them and send a Tracker to help them through the changes. Anyone going through such things would need help/guidance/training or they would end up going mad like the man Perrin met. Thus, you could do what Andular said and train with us and then work for them or you could just work for them and not speak to wolves.