DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Advancement Time (Attn: Noy)

Covai hung upside down from the branch of the tree as he waited for Noy to arrive for his last class as a Soldier. Well, if he passed this class it would be his last as a Soldier. Scanning the surrounding woods as he waited, Covai wondered if the man was lost. Covai shrugged. He had been hunting in these woods since he was Dedicated, and knew most of them like that back of his hand. Not that many people spend all that much time looking at the back of their hands though... Covai thought as he felt one of the wards go off to the left of him.

Turning his head to the side, Covai watched as the Soldier made his way to the pile of rocks Covai had left on the ground as a maker. Calling out and waving to the man ...after emptying his waterskin on top of him ... to get his attention, Covai told him to climb up the tree. Seeing Noy's hesitation, Covai shook his head and called out again. "There's some low branches near the base you can use to pull yourself up with, after that stick to the thicker branches to support your weight, and stick near the trunk of the tree where they're stronger." Covai himself was about three metres up, but had chosen a point where three tree's branches met. The trees branches had intertwined over the years and were actually quite solid, assuming you didnt try jumping up and down.

Pulling himself up again as Noy finally arrived, Covai sat himself against a fork in the branches that was solid enough to support him and leaned back. He motioned to another sturdy enough fork for the Soldier to do the same. "Been a while since you've climbed trees?" Covai asked. There had been a few times the soldier had slipped and caught himself, but Covai just liked to give folks a hard time.

"Now tell me Noy, why is it I should allow you to be promoted to Dedicated? What makes you think you have earned that right? Why do you deserve it?" Covai seized the source and made a small blade of fire above his hand. "Oh, and I think i should tell you, I REALLY dont like arrogant people, or suck ups for that matter. So think carefully before you answer"

• 3 weeks later...

ooc: sorry about the delay... well, I'm trying to get into Noy more again, so here's to posting *raises glass* oh, and for timeline sake, he's not gay yet

IC: Noy hurried towards his last class as a Soldier, meeting with the new Storm Leader, Covai. Noy hurried through the woods, wondering why anyone would make a meeting here, and scrambled over a pile of rocks. He then found the Storm Leader, who called out to him, although not before dumping water on his head. Noy heard the man call out to him and tell him to climb the tree. Noy seemed hesitant, and Covai said: "There's some low branches near the base you can use to pull yourself up with, after that stick to the thicker branches to support your weight, and stick near the trunk of the tree where they're stronger."

Noy awkwardly climed up to Covai and followed the man's gesture to a branch he could find a woody seat in. "Been a while since you've climbed trees?" Noy waited until he found his balence and answered: "Yes, I used to climb trees all of the time as a child, but it has been a long time since I last did." He seemed satisfied by his answer and moved on with the conversation.

"Now tell me Noy, why is it I should allow you to be promoted to Dedicated? What makes you think you have earned that right? Why do you deserve it?" Covai seized the source and made a small blade of fire above his hand. "Oh, and I think i should tell you, I REALLY dont like arrogant people, or suck ups for that matter. So think carefully before you answer" Noy looked at the blade warrily and thought of his answer hard. No sucking up, and no arrogance... so that just left honesty. Why did Noy really think that he was worthy of becoming a Dedicated? Noy took a breath before answering. "Well... I that I think I deserve the Sword Pin because I've given myself to this Tower. I've worked hard every day and deprived myself of sleep to learn how to weild Saidin and a Sword.

"I've given myself heart and soul to the Black Tower, and worked my tail off to get where I am now, from a raw recruit to here, petitioning for my Sword. I think that I deserve to be Raised because every breath, and every day that I live is given to further the Black Tower and to prevent the Shadow from winning in the Black Tower." Noy observed Covai, hoping that he had said the right answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Covai nodded. "Thats good to hear. But remember, at the Dedicated level you need to start to think for yourself. Im not saying you should question every order your given, but its a time to start to think about why you were given the order. That way if you can understand why your sent to do something and something goes wrong, you're in a better situation to try and correct things, rather than take a wild guess."

"But enough about the talking. Now its time to see what exactly you can do with Saidin." Covai leaned back, twisting his body around and dropped himself to a branch below, before monkeygripping his way down the smaller branch to the trunk of the tree. Looking back at the soldier, Covai was glad to see Noy was already making his way down the other side as well.

Dropping himself to the ground, Covai seized the source wove a shield of air around the space of the trees, forming a mini arena. Turning to his mente, Covai spoke. "Now, I want you to attack me. Start with the basics and dont tire yourself too soon, there'll be time for the fancy stuff later. Try some basic combo's and mix it up a little as you go. I wont attack back at the start, but I will if I feel you're starting to get complacent... or if get bored." Covai shrugged. It was true after all.

Spreading his feet and readying his defences, Covai prepared for Vaerraent's attack.

~Covai Seriba

Storm Leader of the Black Tower

Dreamwalker

OOC: Have a little fun, and dont forget to have Covai launch an attack or two of his own to keep you on your toes.