DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BotRH ORG] July Theme - Tribute to Michael Jackson

Corki

Continuing the idea of giving each month a theme, for July, we shall be focusing on the musical genius that was Michael Jackson, who recently passed away. All our activities will be based on his music.

TUNE OR NO TUNE

As a result, for the following weeks, songs by Michael Jackson will be picked for "Tune or No Tune":

- Monday 29th June 2009

- Monday 6th July 2009

- Monday 13th July 2009

- Monday 20th July 2009

- Monday 27th July 2009

If you want to nominate a Michael Jackson song for "Tune or No Tune", please contact me by PM or email (shen_an_calhar@hotmail.co.uk). The only song I won't accept requests for is Smooth Criminal.

IT'S A KNOCKOUT

"It's A Knockout" for July will feature songs by Michael Jackson. I am toying with the idea whether it should be 16 songs or 8 songs. The contest will start during the week beginning 6th July, so watch this space!

GENERAL THREADS

There is currently a thread up about his sudden death, but I will get a general discussion thread up as well to discuss the man, his music and his life.

For those wondering why I am not accepting requests for Smooth Criminal for "Tune or No Tune", it is because the song was picked for a previous "Tune or No Tune" and I have a policy of not picking the same song.

• 2 weeks later...

Because I was away last week, there is a double play of Michael Jackson songs in "Tune or No Tune" this week. They are:

- Thriller (http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,45844.0.html)

- Blood on the Dance Floor (http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,45845.0.html)

The Michael Jackson "It's A Knockout" thread will go up tomorrow (Tuesday 14th July 2009), so watch this space!

The Michael Jackson themed "It's A Knockout" thread has been started, with Beat It taking on Rock With You in the first tie of the 1st Round for a place in the 2nd Round.

To vote, post here. Each day out of the 16 chosen songs, 2 will go head-to-head, with the song with the most votes making it through to the 2nd Round. The knockout contest will continue until we have an overall winner.

A little later than normal, the next installment of "Tune or No Tune" is up. This week, it features Michael Jackson's first number 1 in the US - Ben. The link below will take you to the thread:

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,46170.0.html

Also, "It's A Knockout" has moves to the seventh tie of the 1st Round. Don't forget to cast your vote as Billie Jean takes on Human Nature.

• 2 weeks later...

We are now at the Grand Final and 3rd/4th Play-off part of the "It's A Knockout" thread. The ties are as follows:

3rd/4th Play-off

1. Smooth Criminal vs. Black or White

Final

1. Beat It vs. Thriller

Archived