DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Winston!!

Eve

Best drink in the Band!?! You liars! :P

Don't listen to them, they are just a bunch of lazy cavalry who get bored very easily. :wink:

By the way, Corki will probably explain a bunch of stuff to you, but if you have any questions just ask me and I'll be sure to point you in the opposite direction, sound good?

Ok! here I am with some further information for you!

*official spiel*

Welcome Winston! An email explaining important information about the Band is currently sitting in your inbox! Take a read!

Basically, the Band of the Red Hand is the Travel and Music ORG at DM! By signing up for the Band, you have joined the successful Raw Recruit Scheme. By signing up for the off board site, you will be able to experience the whole process to the maximum! The new Executive Officer, F Horn of Valere, or I, will assign you to one of the three Regiments (Archers, Cavalry, Infantry) for a week, where you will be given various tasks to perform, hoping that you will get a picture of what time in each Regiment is like. After a week with each Regiment, you will be asked to pick your final choice of a Regiment.

While being a Raw Recruit, there is nothing stopping you from earning points like any other Band member. Points lead to promotion within the Band. Below is a list of possible ways to earn points:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newsletter, The Hornsounder

- monthly roll call in the Band's private boards at DM

- any DM project we may have (currently a Battle Project, so speak to Horn if interested)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

If you complete your time as a Raw Recruit within 3 to 4 weeks, you will get a special award which you can add to your siggy as well!

While being a Raw Recruit, you get 4 free strikes. This enables you to break Band Law 4 times without being punished my the Redarms, the Band's own police force. If they see any Law breaking, they will either drag you up for a trial or give you a fun spot fine to do (usually 100 lines of something witty). Channeling is a major no-no in the Band. As is spilling Battle Brew, our beloved drink! Once you have used up your 4 strikes, or join the Band's ranks officially, you will face the full force of Band law like any other Bander does!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently! Expect one soon! We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

We also have many games - at DM, which can be found in the stickies, and on the off board site as well! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your division, and can fight anyone in the Band! It is currently being revised, but the ideas will all be the same!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands Winston a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

*/official spiel*

Guest Cadsuane

Yay for official spiels! They are my favorite part of the day... :wink:

Welcome Winston! Glad to see you've made the good decision to join the best org at DM! We're a fun bunch, with drinking, brawling, and general entertaining banter! The Archers are the best of the lot, of course!

Try one of our frozen shots, the slushy, summertime alternative to the flaming shot! :D

*hands Winston a frozen shot*

I'll answer some of your questions from the other thread.

I am really unfamiliar with the org.

Am I supposed to join a Regiment or will I be invited? If so, where do I join?

Firstly, as a new member of the ORG, you are a Raw Recruit. This means you spend a week with each Regiment in the Band to experience life there. The Executive Officer tells you where to go once you have enlisted as a Raw Recruit at the off board site (I have approved your account). Once your time with all 3 Regiments is up (after 3 weeks), you will be asked which one you want to join, and then you become a full member of this Regiment.

Is there a private forum for the band for me to post my reviews and participate in tavern brawls and get a drink to quenchmy thirst?

You have signed up for the off board site, so now you can start posting reviews. You can earn points as a Raw Recruit like any other Bander. Tavern brawls happen here at DM as well, so keep an open eye! ;)

Oh, as for the Band Law, how is it exactly enforced and where does it apply? Does it apply to this forum?

Band Law is enforced by 6 Redarms (2 from each Regiment), chosen by the Captain-Generals of the 3 Regiments. Any of them can give you a spot fine, or drag you up before the court. However, as a Raw Recruit, you get 4 strikes, allowing you to break the Law 4 times. Current Redarms are:

- North Star (aka Northie)

- Ozhammer

- Katiora

- Eve

- Masema (aka True Source)

- Daetirion

I hope that helps! :D

Why would you want to light perfectly good bandy on fire... that would defeat the purpose.. it doesn't need anything else.. It's perfect like it is... *winks at Winston* take it from a insider, they light it on fire to burn off the toxic stuff... ;)

I am guessing you have activated the account using the numbers and letters that the email gives you??

Let me know about this, and then I will suggest your next course of action.

Uh actually it is not like that. When I click on the hyperlink to bring me to the webpage to activate my account, it instead brings me to the webpage to log in which is unlike the webpage I was brought to when I registered for teh forum. Am I supposed to key in the activation code at the password or username section? Or is the link spoilt?

I have already registered again but I still get the same response when I click on the activation link.

Can you help me please Marshal-General?(I hope I didn't get your title wrong) :(

Thanks.:D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is a dream that we will all wake up from someday ... but not today. :wink:

You got my rank correct! And you spelt it correctly, which is a bonus, as most Banders can't!

Click on the link in the email. It will bring you to a sign in page. Sign in with the username and password you registered with. You will then come to a page which asks you to type in the activation key (if you follow the link in the email, the key is already added in, otherwise you have to type/paste it in). Click on "activate account". Then wait for an admin to approve your account. Once that has happened, you can post away. You will also receive an email saying your account has been approved. I hope this helps.

Archived