DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Robin Hobb novel available

Werthead

Robin Hobb's new novel, The Dragon Keeper, Book 1 of the Rain Wilds Chronicles duology, is now available in the UK (or at least it was in my local bookshop today). This is one novel divided in half due to length, with Book 2 to follow next year. It is a follow-up to her earlier three trilogies set in the same world, with a specific focus on the events of The Liveship Traders series. As far as I can tell, most of the characters and storylines are new, however.

American fans have an eye-wateringly long wait though as the book is not due to be published in the USA until 26 January 2010. In this case, fans who do not want to wait may find an online trip to the Book Depository (with free worldwide shipping) of interest. I think it comes to about $19-20, although I have no idea if that is a good price for a hardcover coming from the other side of the world or not ;)

I couldn't get into the Liveship Traders.  If this focused on the Fitz and Fool reunion that was hinted at the end of The Tawny Man then I would be intrested.

You didn't like the Liveship Traders? What about Kennit? Amber? Kennit? Paragon? Kennit?  :o

now that's interesting.  long wait though.  may try that link of yours, though, as $20 is a pretty good deal these days.

soldier sun was depressing in the sad-sackedness of the protagonist.  it was pretty hard to get through, and i'm a big fan of hobb.

kennit was one of the things i abhorred most about the liveship books.  also althea, malta, brashen...  i basically read the story simultaneously appreciating its importance to the setting but hating just about every character with a white hot holy wrath.

I couldn't get into the Liveship Traders.  If this focused on the Fitz and Fool reunion that was hinted at the end of The Tawny Man then I would be intrested.

You didn't like the Liveship Traders? What about Kennit? Amber? Kennit? Paragon? Kennit?  :o

Amber was in the Fitz books also.  That person was known as Fool, Lord Golden, and Beloved.  And it was confirmed in Fool's Fate that he was truly a dude.

Archived