DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

When to read New Spring

TheSlyOne

I just picked up a copy of New Spring last night and I was wondering when is a good time to read it. I know it's a prequel, but sometimes it's better to get to a certain point in a series before reading a prequel to it. I'm currently reading Lord of Chaos. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Will

If you're already all the way to LoC you can read at any point you want. Depends on whether you want to take a break from the main series or not. But by LoC you pretty much know the story of New Spring, and it's kind of enlightening.

If you are up to LOC you can read it. Whilst strictly there are no spoilers, things like the Aes Sedai tests for the Shawl, how Sisters interact and Amyrlin's can behave should mean waiting till at least after TSR in my opinion. And the whole 'You are the dragon reborn' bit in TGH with Moraine, Siuan and Verin would lose it's punch if you've already read New Spring.

I say you should read it after you read Fires of Heaven. And since you've read Fires of Heaven you know the one reason why you should read a story that focuses mainly on Moiraine after reading Fires of Heaven.

Archived