DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moiraine - Not just a Theory, but a certainty.

Ok, so I've been listening to the 4rth Age podcast and I am now listening to book eight. I have to say that I am very surprised that the issue of Moiraine is even a topic of controversy. It is VERY obvious what is going to happen.

Min is never wrong about what she sees. She comments that Moiraine is the only viewing she was wrong about. Logically this means she saw Moiraine doing something important in the future.

So this means Moiraine is not dead and she will be coming back. Min is never wrong. Now in what capacity or for what cause will Moiraine be returning is fully open to speculation. But for certain she will be returning. One thing about R.J. you can take to the bank (which is one huge reason why I love this series) is the consistency in his storyline. Bet on it fellas. If Min sees you jumping off the Empire State building and landing doing a hand stand on a Hot Dog vendor, its DEFINITELY going to happen. What is open for debate is the how. =0) 

Moiraine will return when Thom & Mat (and the 3rd) rescue her from Ghenjei Tower.

The viewing is very likely a marriage with Thom; Moiraine infers it when she was going through the Ways with the Two Rivers folk.

Have you finished all the books? Cause this is answered definatively in Knife of Dreams.

I think Jack was saying he doesn't understand why there is a debate as to whether she was coming back or not, and saying that its no debate she IS coming back. Hope that clarified?

I actually didn't know that was even discussed, I always took it for granted that Moiraine was coming back ever since Min mentioned her viewing of Moiraine.

I remember as soon as I finished that scene at the docks, I looked in the glossary of the next book and the answer is there. "Apparantly dead." That was all I needed.
I read the Glossary entries for the succeeding books prior to reading that scene, and concluded that she would likely make a reappearance.

I remember the first time I read that scene, one of the most epic bits so far. A Forsaken on the front line, nothing anyone could do to stop her, and then Moiraine does just that. Epic. And when I found that bit in the glossary saying she was "apparantly" dead my heart started beating again.

You cant beat Moiraine.

Min is never wrong. 

Just because you have never been wrong in the past doesn't stop you from being wrong in the future, it is a false assumption that people are prone to accept. A good example of this was shown by a man called Darren Brown, he managed to convince a women that he had devised a system for betting on horses by 'predicting' the winner of 6 previous races. But back on topic, although Min has always been correct so far, that could easily stop (Gasp!).

Chel Vanin was correct. I was just snickering at the debate I've been reading about in various places online and where I've heard about it on the podcast (where I am anyway). I do disagree with you though Mr. Dragon. Our dear R.J. went through a lot of effort to show that Min is simply never wrong. And when she knows what it means, she knows what it means. That doesn't mean to say she knows how things will happen. Its just the final outcome is set in stone no matter how unlikely the event or events that need take place or do take place.

I guess you can say the only things certain in this world are Death, Taxes and Min's viewings.  :)

Min never wrong?  Actually her viewings are never wrong.

There was one time where her telling lead to a wrong interpretation: Tinker with Sword viewing, Perrin interpreted that as it being female when Min actually meant a repeat of previous viewings. (Dragon Reborn Chapter 6)

At the moment, Min's viewings all seem to come true but we have no idea how Min's ability works so something momentus like the Dark One breaking free might affect them. All that I was trying to get at is that Rand shouldn't make too many plans based soley or majorly on Min's veiwings.

i didn't think much about whether she will come back at all, until thom really started to wave the letter around Mat.

Although a friend of mine whom I lend the books to was quite persistent in asking me whether or not Moiraine was really dead after I lent her the fires of heavens.  But then again, girls, never let things go, /sigh.

Besides Min's viewing there is also one Egwene's Dream that confirm Moiraine's return..

When she dreams of Thom Merrilin putting a hand in the fire to draw out the blue stone on Moiraine's forehead..

Maybe he loots her quarters in the White Tower
We need to write a mock version of the series with everything happening like this, and all the other randomness posted on here. It'd be great fun
Or how about a grand unifying theory, where we try to piece together as many crackpot theories as we can?

Archived