DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Good and Evil, (Begun in the Nature of the Creator and His Intentions thread).

Bob T Dwarf

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Fain is evil. Just a different evil, one opposed to the Shadow. The Soviets were also evil, but they were an evil on our side, one opposed to Germany. My enemy's enemy is my friend.

Mr Ares, this isn't good what you're saying. The Soviet people suffered both from Nazis and Stalin, so calling them evil - that's simply wrong ang quite insulting.

No, Fain is evil. Just a different evil, one opposed to the Shadow. The Soviets were also evil, but they were an evil on our side, one opposed to Germany. My enemy's enemy is my friend.

Mr Ares, this isn't good what you're saying. The Soviet people suffered both from Nazis and Stalin, so calling them evil - that's simply wrong ang quite insulting.

When he said "Soviets" I think he meant more the Extremists and not the Russian people as a whole. That's like saying you can't say the Nazis were evil. Not the German people as a whole. ;D

Not that I would claim to speak for Mr Ares. I was just awake and bored and figured that Mr Ares is probably not racist against Russians.

When he said "Soviets" I think he meant more the Extremists and not the Russian people as a whole. That's like saying you can't say the Nazis were evil. Not the German people as a whole. ;D

Not that I would claim to speak for Mr Ares. I was just awake and bored and figured that Mr Ares is probably not racist against Russians.

I know. You can't say "Nazis" about all German people. The same time all people of ex-USSR are Soviet people.

Surely Mr Ares is far from being racist, just not careful in wording. And this wording disturbed me as a Russian.

The Soviet people were no more evil than the next man, but the Soviet regime, the government, the leadership most assuredly was. I should have been clearer.

• 1 month later...

The society of age of legends advanced to great heights in moral perfection and just governance, as the creator's plans attempted to order humanity like a giant beehive or matrix of the perfect world. But the human is unique in its duality, containing both instincts for selfishness and selflessness. Where nature normally finds a predator/parasite to disrupt and take advantage of the order created by a social species (like the varroa mite), humans contain the potential for both builder and predator. The human mind can't tolerate the lack of moral or intellectual choice and so it will create order out of chaos, or bore into the forbidden knowledge which conveys power over others and disrupts harmony. And so falls Atlantis and the first matrix. Let me seal it in cuendillar for ya ;)

Archived