DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Resealing the Bore

Durinax

How do you think this will be done?

Personnally I think Fain will be involved in it along with Lews Therin

Afterall Fains 'evil' is opposite of the DO's evil and with that evil fighting the other maybe the seals will be stronger

Im doubting that idea, surely if he drew too much he would die before he finished sealing the Bore? And surely the bodyswap must happen when Rand is alive, otherwise his connection to Moridin will be severed and thus no bodyswap. I also doubt very strongly that Rand and Alivia alone could match what 100+ men couldnt do joined together, unless he uses the Choeden Kal, which would pretty much rule out the possibility of him drawing too much Saidin and killing himself.

How will the Bore be resealed?

I am not certain of if it would be resealed; or even on if resealing it is planned.

Though if it is, probably cuendillar again; but they being the actual barrier instead of focus points.

I am sure fain will be involved in the Last Battle somehow, but i doubt it will be the resealing. Interesting idea though.

I personally think he will use the Choden Kal, and will do a better job of sealing the bore than in the AoL. Rand will have a Lews Therin moment and since Lews Therin did it the first time he could probably do it together. Also the choden kal is probably stronger than 100 men, since men can't link.

I don't think the seal will be a simple "patch" as they did in the AoL. I remember the philosopher guy (Herid Fel?) saying the prison must be complete again, as if it was never bored, before the 1st age comes again. This could be done in one of he later ages but I think Rand will come close to a perfect seal.

RAW put forth a theory once that Rand will need to enter the DO's prison, and that his ta'veren-ness will help the Pattern heal the Bore, but it will cost Rand's life. I think that's how the theory went.  :-\

At any rate, I can see how Rand's life might be required in some way to heal the Bore, especially since I don't think Rand will be doing a lot of channeling, Choeden Kal or not. For one thing, the DO is in a whole other league than Rand, and if it's just a power contest, Rand gets annihilated. Second, Shadar Haran can stop people from channeling, so why couldn't the DO do the same? I think that Rand being a powerful channeler enables him to get to the crucial moment with an army of supporters, but it is his soul that will matter at the end, not his weaves or lack thereof.

I agree with Gentled Ben. Just logic, nothing else. I think most of the other channelers and soldiers are going to the "dirty work" while Rand is gonna go "uptown" into SG at the same time looking really badass so Rand can seal the Bore.

if he cannot fit through the bore in any case then they would not have to worry as much about all the seals breakings and him coming outta his prison and kicking some a**

and if the DO was a midget that would be hilarious

Crazy thought that just came to me while reading this post-

prophecy says that Rand will bleed on the rocks at SG.  Maybe, just maybe, Rands wound from Fains dagger is the key. 

The taint is allowed to infect his blood, then that blood is spilled onto the area where the bore is.  That tainted blood is what fixes the bore like it was never there. 

I'm guessing that it would be aided by Fain being there too.

The posts about the evil midgets made me think of that movie "Time Bandits"

Anyway, my understanding is that the creator made the DO's prison outside the pattern.  There have been allusions or discussions about how in the Age of Ledgens, experiments were conducted in what I understand to be vestibules created by the power existing outside of the pattern.  I think somehow Rand figures out how these were made an applies that concept to the DO's prison.  I do believe that Fain will somehow be involved (perhaps he is physically thrown into the bore and the opposing evils seal the prison outside of the weave of time?).  There are a number of ways his blood could end up on the rocks... can't wait to RAFO!

Archived